How sure of the gendar at 14 and a half week

joelhoon

:shyxxx: Just came back from Check up.

During the scan, Dr. Loke was silently searching for something...
Then my hubby's eyes was fix on the screen, then sudenly i heard my hubby in a low tone asking "what was that.." then the Dr Loke, reply: " I think it a boy.. lets confirm it again.." I was down there...:"..hhuuhhh.."
Then i heard Dr. Lok repearted in a normal and steady tone: "Yes, it is a boy"
My hubbby ask: " Can confirm or not....scan again leh.." then Dr. Loke show him the part..:"neh"...so there i saw a white white thingy...poking out....
I was still very blur and uncertian...so i ask : " could be it's hand..or finger.."
Dr. Loke point to me..:" this is the hand hi five to you..":win:

Till now, i still can't really belieave it.....can i be sure it's a boy?

Cause, i really can't wait to tell my mother....but i worry turn out it a mistake..then she would be dissapointed...

Last edited:

Then my hubby's eyes was fix on the screen, then sudenly i heard my hubby in a low tone asking "what was that.." then the Dr Loke, reply: " I think it a boy.. lets confirm it again.." I was down there...:"..hhuuhhh.."
My hubbby ask: " Can confirm or not....scan again .." then Dr. Loke show him the part..:"neh"...so there i saw a white white thingy...poking out....
I was still very blur and uncertian...so i ask : " could be it's hand..or finger.."
Dr. Look point to me..:" this is the hand hi five to you..":win:

Cause, i really can't wait to tell my mother....but i worry turn out it a mistake..then she would be dissapointed...
Hi Joel,
For bb boi, can see much earlier... =P If you gynae is highly skilled and has been a practising doctor for many many years... i think unlikely he'll be wrong.. but there is still a possibility lah... =) Nothing is being confirmed till bb is born...

Congrats!!!

ya, normally for boy, can see vy early, but if cannot see early, then will be girl, cox girls shy shy n wan to play hide hide... ha..........

PTB7476

my mom's friend... during scan showed boy but when born turned out to be gal...so whenever pple ask me... i will have a disclaimer : provided the sonographer / gynae is not wrong :tlaugh:

littleone

my mom's friend... during scan showed boy but when born turned out to be gal...so whenever pple ask me... i will have a disclaimer : provided the sonographer / gynae is not wrong :tlaugh:
our gynae could tell ours was a boy at 13 weeks and sure enough he was!

PTB7476

not bad...mine play catching with us... i only get to see it vaguely in 16wks haiz
and confirmation in 20 wks but still i have the disclaimer cos to alot of ppl my tummy shape like gal :tlaugh:

joelhoon

my mom's friend... during scan showed boy but when born turned out to be gal...so whenever pple ask me... i will have a disclaimer : provided the sonographer / gynae is not wrong
WOwo! I heard about some cases like that….some mother wanted a boy so much that….they claim the baby kena switched....cause can't take the reality.....

My colleague, she confirmed hers a gal gal at her 13week….and came out a gal gal….i am using the same Gynea as hers..

My boss tell me, if you can see a very bright white white thing hang in in between the leg..then sure is a boy…

Well…still can’t decide to tell my mother now or later…..or I just tell her that..not confirm one…until baby is out….how about that?

ZombieMum

When u go for ur 20 weeks detailed scan can confirm already :)
Usually the detailed scan is accurate.

My no 1 is a boy and my gynae told me it's a boy during my 14 weeks + checkup, and double confirmed it's a boy during 20 weeks detailed scan done in hospital.
So, after u've gone for the detailed scan, can be pretty sure of the gender already and can share the good news with friends and family! :)

apollo

when i was 8week preg, my gynae spotted 'sth' and she said it could be a boy.. could be only.. at 12th week preg, also spotted that lil 'sth' and she said shd be a boy.. at 16th week, she told us can 95% confirm is a boy. and true enough, during 20th week detailed scan, it showed tt i was carrying a boy =)

jespang

My hubbby ask: " Can confirm or not....scan again .." then Dr. Loke show him the part..:"neh"...so there i saw a white white thingy...poking out....
Dr. Loke point to me..:" this is the hand hi five to you..":win:

Hi Joelhoon,

The way u described ur check up is cute....:tlaugh:. when is ur next appt? Maybe u may want to wait for the next check up and reconfirm again b4 u break the new to ur mother. In any case, no matter baby is a prince or princess I m sure all grandparents will still dote and love their grandkids alot.

joelhoon

Hi Joelhoon,

The way you described your check up is cute....:tlaugh:. when is your next appt? Maybe you may want to wait for the next check up and reconfirm again before you break the new to your mother. In any case, no matter baby is a prince or princess I m sure all grandparents will still dote and love their grandkids alot.

My next checkup is on my 17th Week..(keep finger corss...hope no more bleeding) By then can i be sure already??

jespang

My next checkup is on my 17th Week..(keep finger corss...hope no more bleeding) By then can i be sure already??
I m not too sure... this is my 1st pregnancy as well. Anyway, I already at 17 wks and seeing my gynae tmr.. let me check with her tmr. Honestly, I also very very nervous and worry... pray and hope everything is fine and my baby is growing healthy.

jespang

I m not too sure... this is my 1st pregnancy as well. Anyway, I already at 17 wks and seeing my gynae tomorrow.. let me check with her tomorrow. Honestly, I also very very nervous and worry... pray and hope everything is fine and my baby is growing healthy.

Sigh...waited for one & half hr and only managed to see my doctor for 10 mins. :wong16:. Anyway, she prefer to confirm my baby gender when I do my detailed scanning on 20th wks but she can sense that I m abit disappointed so she did a scan for me. Thank God, my baby is growing well. She said she can't find a stick in between so mine maybe a princess.

She reiterate is better to wait till the 20wks scanning then confirm baby's gender. I guess the equipment will be much more precise cos that wat they use to check if baby's organs are growing normally on the 20wks.

joelhoon

Oh!!

My friend tell me if is a boy can see very early.
If is a gal, doctor normall tell you she/he can't see anything yet. But well, end up some turn out to be a boy!
But as long as the baby is healthy is more important.

I will be doing my check up this Monday.

That day, while i waking from bus stop into office building.
A skinny woman ask me if i am well, and the last thing she says set my worry alarm on..She says: " Your tummy look low, becarefull, later walking that time the baby came out.." then she turn and walk away...

I was stunned and since then i can't help keep checking at the mirror. And indeed, my tummy look low....

Monday, i am going to ask my gynea...whether it is alright..and all the funny bubbling feeling whether is normal....

Oh!!

If is a gal, doctor normall tell you she/he can't see anything yet. But well, end up some turn out to be a boy!

A skinny woman ask me if i am well, and the last thing she says set my worry alarm on..She says: " Your tummy look low, becarefull, later walking that time the baby came out.." then she turn and walk away...

I was stunned and since then i can't help keep checking at the mirror. And indeed, my tummy look low....

Monday, i am going to ask my gynea...whether it is alright..and all the funny bubbling feeling whether is normal....
U preg for how many mths d? last time got few aunty saw me oso said I look like going deliver d during last stage.. then i thinking, y they so "geng" one, look at tummy then know going to deliver d...

and ya, if tummy low d need to pay attention d..

joelhoon

you preg for how many mths d? last time got few aunty saw me also said I look like going deliver d during last stage.. then i thinking, y they so "geng" one, look at tummy then know going to deliver d...

and ya, if tummy low d need to pay attention d..

I am just at my 17 week leh..

WOuld it be i squart and bend down too much??!!:embarrassed:

keefu

Oh!!

Yeah that's true from what your friend had said... My baby's gender was already determined even before reaching the official 16th weeks because his bird was quite clear during the ultrascan... LOL...

Anyway when the baby starts to grow more obvious it will lift up unless you have low placenta address by your gynae... Don't worry too much yah...

izanyzam

For my first pregnancy,my gynae showed my boy's "beberd" during my 15th plus week check-up..But he didnt want to confirm as i was going to go for my detailed scanning in the next few weeks..And true enuff,during my detailed scanning..The sonographer confirmed that i was carrying a boy..!!

Now currently pregnant with my No.2 at 12 weeks..Hmmm..Wonder if its a boy or a girl this time.. :001_302:

joelhoon

I just came back from the check up.

Confirmed the baby gendar, is little Benji boy.

:wong19:

Doc says is my first, the tummy low thing is not a worry.
But he says something that set me worrying...the leggie is a bit short....:embarrassed:
he measure again then he says....should be ok....well, i trry not to be too worry about it cause end of the check up doc tell me everything is ok, blood test also ok. I shall keep my finger cross and wait till the details scan.

Funny thing is, i somehow voice out to the nurse that i wish my details scan could be on weekend, and the nurse react like just fall from a tree and then make appointment for me...huh?

So details scan is on our request? Or we surpose to have it?