MAid and bb only.

weishy

Hi,anyone hv maid and bb only at home?
wat instructions do u give?
can they manage?household chores and taking care of bb?
did u hv camera installed to chk on them at work on ur computer?
did u hv mil or parents to spot chk on them from time to time?
do u ask them to go out with bb to the playground or marketing?
do u provide them mobile phones?

chachaleo

Hi weishy, i left my maid with my 2 boys (16 mths) at home. she has been looking after them for 6 mths jus right after 2 wks training w my Mil, i left them at hm alone. As both DH & me nd to work (before tat they were taken care of by my mil & fil). Since she has to handle 2 boys i told her:

1) priority is the boys..things u cannot finish then leave it. (luckily she somehow can manage to cook for them and do some housework. of cos alot of housechores she cannot do but she will try to wash clothes (washing machine) & cook for my boys & herself of cos.

2) no i did not install any camera..(i'm lucky my neighbour sometimes will drop by to see things)

3) Mil will only comes when she's free (once or twice a mth) whereas my mum seldom comes as she nd to look after my niece.

4) no..i don't ask her to do marketing (i will do it) and she can only bring the boys down when me or my DH is around (anyway she cannot bring them down as it's diff with 2)

5) she has a mobile phone when she arrives n i only allow her to call once a wk bk home. I just installed back the singtel residential line so she can use to call use us when needed.

Mrs Xie

Never really put my mind at ease to leave my 8mth old dd with a maid alone at home when dh and me out to work... therefore we have no choice but to get a nanny for the time being. We decide to get a maid once dd is about 2 yr old which by then she can express herself better.

rjj

Yes, my maid is alone at home wif my 3 boys. Aged 9yo, 6yo & 12mo. She was wif us for about 14 mths now. She start taking care of them once my confinement finishes.

Amazingly, my maid can. But I always remind her, kids and baby is top priority. After that is making sure they get their meals and in time for school and remember to pick them up. Vaccum & Mop is also a must daily, as we have a dog at home.
Weekends when I am around, I help with housework.

No, we dun hv a camera. Thinking of getting one. But since HB & myself in sales line, we sometimes will pop home for a quick look :)

Not really, we do it ourselves.

No marketing, I do it myself over the weekend. No playground, too.

I do, cos there are times when she bring boys to and from school, I may call them. Another form of spot checking :)

Hope these helps. But must see how is the maid performance in the first few months then can let go one.... all the best!

mAmA

same here.. quite worry abt my BB
going to leave her @ home wf maid but this new maid do thing very fast
told her the prior is to take gd care of the bb..
dun want to stress her wf hsechores coz even myself cant cope to take care of bb n all hsechores at the same time so how can I expect her to do that?

LayKwan

yes, my 13 months old bb is with my maid during the day. I do not have a camera installed. she don do marketing and she don bring my bb downstairs.

This is my instruction for her, she was under supervised by my mum for almost 2 months but she is experience domestic helper in Philippines, my bb is her 6th baby who she looked after in Manila.

1. I have a general time tables for her. like wake up 6 am, bath, BF then sweep and mop the living hall.. etc etc...

2. on daily basis, I do have a timesheet for her to fill in.. eg. wat time bb sleep, have lunch,, etc.. poo at wat time, hard or soft.

3. I list down the dinner menu every morning on the same time sheet. she will prepare the dinner when bb taking naps.

4. told her bb is the top priority over housework or cooking. if bb don;t sleep, then she need to play and look after the bb.

so far so good...

veronica

For those leaving their bb alone with the maid, my advice is to install a camera.

Never believe when the maid tells you she loves your bb. Seeing is believing !!

Just remember one thing, there could be a time when we as parents cannot tolerant a baby's continuous crying or misbehaving, let alone a maid !!

Always take precaution than to say sorry.

My opinion though..

rjj

For those leaving their bb alone with the maid, my advice is to install a camera.

Never believe when the maid tells you she loves your bb. Seeing is believing !!

Just remember one thing, there could be a time when we as parents cannot tolerant a baby's continuous crying or misbehaving, let alone a maid !!

Always take precaution than to say sorry.

My opinion though..
Yes agree, should not take chances.... so sad like the recent case where the 2 mths bb just die like this.... haiz.....

so many how come .... how come let the maid shower since bb so young? how come not granny shower? how come not mummy since is still less than 3 mths? how come how come ? :embarrassed:

naze

My DD is taken care by my maid since my girl was 10 months old. At first I not so fang xin on letting her looked after my DD, I even suggested to DH to install CCTV at home but he rejected. We told her, our DD is the top priority, if she cant do any housework, can wait for us to come back or do it on weekends.

You can monitor if you child still wants to look for maid even you are back home. This is one of the positive sign my DD is showing to us that maid is taking care of her well when we are working during the day.

Now what I'm worried is dont know after I deliver my baby, she can cope looking after a toddler & a baby not ?

LoVeS

My DD is taken care by my maid since my girl was 10 months old. At first I not so fang xin on letting her looked after my DD, I even suggested to DH to install CCTV at home but he rejected. We told her, our DD is the top priority, if she cant do any housework, can wait for us to come back or do it on weekends.

You can monitor if you child still wants to look for maid even you are back home. This is one of the positive sign my DD is showing to us that maid is taking care of her well when we are working during the day.

Now what I'm worried is dont know after I deliver my baby, she can cope looking after a toddler & a baby not ?
mayb lessen her housechores which might help bah. When too bz wif alot of things to do which alot of ppl tend to feel fustrated same goes for maid after all they r human too so there r chances of them behave tt way is normal too.

veronica

You should install one if it's young baby. Especially to those who havent learnt to speak yet.

Whether a hidden one or web cam, it's up to you. But a hidden one, be prepared to see lots of actions you won't get to see when she is infront of you. :001_302:

naze

Thanks alot LoVes & Veronica.

As for housechores, will have to just do the main chores like washing clothings, sweep & mop the floors, as for others, maybe once a month.

Really cant imagine if I see something which I cant believe my own eyes. Scare will get heart-attack.

weishy

tks mommies for all the advices.....will get the camera asap.my Dh works from morning till late evening.as for me,station in hkg,comes abck 3 times a month.....no choice la,cant be SAHM so.....hv to bear with it.hopefully my maid turns out oki......wait and see la :)

veronica

tks mommies for all the advices.....will get the camera asap.my Dh works from morning till late evening.as for me,station in hkg,comes abck 3 times a month.....no choice la,cant be SAHM so.....hv to bear with it.hopefully my maid turns out oki......wait and see la :)
You work for Cathay Pacific??

weishy

yup,u too?????hv we flown together b4?????

AS for the camera,Dh asking friend to fix for him(they're security officers,more pro hhehehehhehe)will infrom maid that we've installed the camera btu not where la.

Anybody hv a comprehensive timetable for maids?

veronica

yup,u too?????hv we flown together b4?????

AS for the camera,Dh asking friend to fix for him(they're security officers,more pro hhehehehhehe)will infrom maid that we've installed the camera btu not where la.

Anybody hv a comprehensive timetable for maids?
Hee...used to. Not sure if we flew before..When did you join? I left donkey years liao :)

Hi Mummies,

I have the intention to install a camera in my hse.. Any one has gd recommedation?? I have one quotation which quote me $1400 for 4 cameras + installation and can record up to 24hr.. No experince before.. Pls advise.

veronica

Hi Mummies,

I have the intention to install a camera in my hse.. Any one has gd recommedation?? I have one quotation which quote me $1400 for 4 cameras + installation and can record up to 24hr.. No experince before.. Pls advise.
Is this a live cam where you can also view via internet? Can the camera tilt?

mcqueen

I hv installed one IP cam in living hall b4 my maid came, quite usefull, i can hear the sound even my maid & son in kitchen or bedroom. She knows abt camera & i told her the purpose of install this camera is want to kno more abt what our child doing at home. i think CCTV is much expensive.