Hammering at home

MrsNeo

Hi mommies!

Just wanna ask anyone encounter any of your family members drilling/hammering while you're at home?

Just realise my dad was hammering in the living room while i'm in my room -.-
Which for what i know, is quite "pantang" not to do it right..
But already done.. feeling super angry and uneasy over it.

Was wondering if anyone went through the same situation during pregnancy and baby was perfectly fine when born?

Thanks =)

apollo

i think as long as u're not in the same room or the drilling is not done in ur own room, shd be okay. my dad also kind of 'drilled' something in his room when i was preg though my mum keep telling him not to. hehe..

MrsNeo

i did went over to the living room just now and peek until he hammering.. also okay?

although people is say don't think about it, nothing will happen.
but seriously how not to think of it!

apollo

haha i noe hw u feel. i'm not a pantang person but when i was preg, i was super pantang during tt 38weeks. LOL. ehh shd be okay cos my bed frame was shifted IN FRONT of me and everything okay. cos old folk also said cannot shift preggy mummy's bed etc..

MrsNeo

ya. i guess only woman who been through pregnancy will understand. this kind of things, if can don't risk confirm will try to avoid! sigh..
now i can only pray hard nothing will happen and not to think too much!!! =(

candy_ian

My new place was renovating while I was pregnant.. I oversee the renovation progress n make trips down freq when they were doing drilling, hacking n stuff.. Baby turn out fine

MrsNeo

My new place was renovating while I was pregnant.. I oversee the renovation progress n make trips down freq when they were doing drilling, hacking n stuff.. Baby turn out fine
that's a relief to hear! but will you think much about it during that time?

candy_ian

Initially I didnt know that we r not supposed to until I heard from a friend but when I heard abt it renovations were almost done.. So I thought it has already been done so I can only avoid in now since I already know.. Don't think too much into it.. It may add on additional stress by keep reminding yourself abt it.. :)

Borntaker

I think sometimes certain things r hard to avoid. My dad oso hammer once in living rm while i'm in my bedrm. And i oso shifted my bed then my mom say not suppose to. My masterbed quite heavy. So when i nd to lay new bed sheet ve to move e mattress, n sometimes my bed does shifted abit. Try not to think so much. i do worry but what done is done.

Gem2505

im even planning to start my new place's renovation asap.. im planning to induce 2nd week of feb. which more or less will crash. my mum insisted i wait till i give birth den start reno.. im the one not so pantang. LOL!
my fil did some drilling last month coz his room de wall fan faulty so need to change. end up my hubby go scold him.
-_-" i just sit there watch show. i think its ok one bah. so far, im still doing well. =)

MrsNeo, I was a frequent reader of ur blog. ;) know ur 3rd bb gender le? omg. dunno izzit ownself becoming a mum soon, whenever I know pple preg all that, im like so so so happy.

Carisella

Shouldn't be a problem ba, my sister and mommy was hammering and fixing new cupboards last week.

My mommy know it's wrong to do it but we all knew we didn't have a choice because my sister needed that cupboard lol..

Mommy ask me don't be in same room can already but hor the hammering sounds made me very uncomfortable, like the noise vibration directly shooting into my ears

MrsNeo

Thanks for the advices Mommies =) it help alot.
I guess the best way is not to think about it.. Haha.

Gem2505, hey hi! Really? =) haha. Nah.. Coming check up then will know =)

Gem2505

Thanks for the advices Mommies =) it help alot.
I guess the best way is not to think about it.. Haha.

Gem2505, hey hi! Really? =) haha. Nah.. Coming check up then will know =)
yea.. must be feeling v excited for ur coming check up.
btw, read somewhere that hammering at home, only apply to the room u slept in. so other than that, its ok.
if our neighbour that shares the same common wall as us does hammering, we also no choice. -_-"
some say hammering will cause bb to have clip mouth. but doc say, clip mouth usually is pass down from generation to generation.. so there's too much old wives stories for us to listen.
im sure ur nx bb will be as cute as ur 2 girls.

Gem2505

My new home will start renovating two days later. But i cannot be there when the renovation starts. Everything should be fine, i hope.

http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/06/10/2011
I got my new house keys 2 weeks back. so far nv started any work. contractor can start any time now but CNY period will stop till 15th day. So i ask them 16th then start coz by then, i would have already deliver. gonna induce on 11feb, which is 9th day. can avoid jiu avoid. cant avoid den let it be.

MrsNeo

yea.. must be feeling v excited for ur coming check up.
btw, read somewhere that hammering at home, only apply to the room u slept in. so other than that, its ok.
if our neighbour that shares the same common wall as us does hammering, we also no choice. -_-"
some say hammering will cause bb to have clip mouth. but doc say, clip mouth usually is pass down from generation to generation.. so there's too much old wives stories for us to listen.
im sure ur nx bb will be as cute as ur 2 girls.
oh i see! your that sentence comforts me alot!! =) thanks! haha. ya lor i also got think before.. but pregnant confirm will tend to be more scare and pantang. if can avoid i'll rather avoid.

xicloudix

Dun be pantang.... i have a friend, wife very pantang, husband not pantang so husband shift bed, nail things etc... then wife angry and she is very very pantang type... so i think it affect her mood etc... baby end up leg got problem and she blame her husband... = quarrel everytime...

for me, i a bit pantang lah... i would try to avoid, if can't then bo bian... i am working in a renovation company so alot of noisy and cutting... and when i was preggy, my husband shift bed, cupboard etc... he ask me in my heart dun see all these very impt, juz normal normal will do dun go pantang so much... my baby turn out ok...

my sis in law also shift home n install bed etc also ok...

so as long as u dun keep thinking abt it and end up affect ur mood which will affect ur baby...

apollo

Dun be pantang.... i have a friend, wife very pantang, husband not pantang so husband shift bed, nail things etc... then wife angry and she is very very pantang type... so i think it affect her mood etc... baby end up leg got problem and she blame her husband... = quarrel everytime...

for me, i a bit pantang lah... i would try to avoid, if can't then bo bian... i am working in a renovation company so alot of noisy and cutting... and when i was preggy, my husband shift bed, cupboard etc... he ask me in my heart dun see all these very impt, juz normal normal will do dun go pantang so much... my baby turn out ok...

my sis in law also shift home n install bed etc also ok...

so as long as u dun keep thinking abt it and end up affect ur mood which will affect ur baby...
i think this is what ppl often say: if u're pantang, those things are true. if u're not pantang, those are just old wives tales. haha!