How to train ur child not to wear diapers and not wetting the bed at night?

JJDad

Hi mummies n daddies,
As per above question. My 3 yr old+ son is toilet trained in the day but he still has to wear diapers whenever he sleeps. Any solutions/suggestions?

Mummy to Baby V

- reduce or eliminate fluids intake 1 hour before bedtime. Increase fluids intake during the day.

- make peeing just before bedtime a routine

- wear non stay-dry diapers at bedtime. My 2-year old boy uses modern cloth diapers. When he wets himself at night, he'd fuss and ask me to change him, then go back to sleep. Sometimes, he uses the potty at night too.

- teach child that pee pee goes into the toilet / potty, including sleeping time. My boy with sensitive skin knows that if he sleeps in wet diapers for long hours, he might get rashes. So I always remind him "pee pee in diapers, get rashes. So pee pee in toilet." After some time, he started waking me up to change him or bring him to potty at night. Sometimes, he stays dry until morning.

For potty-training a younger child, read 18 Sure-Fire Tips for Early Potty Training Success | Mummy's Reviews

Night-time potty-training can take quite long, so be patient.

Ting

is he ready to be off diaper at night? pin is 4 this yr but i havent train her yet cos she is still having heavy diapers at night.

JJDad

- reduce or eliminate fluids intake 1 hour before bedtime. Increase fluids intake during the day.

- make peeing just before bedtime a routine

- wear non stay-dry diapers at bedtime. My 2-year old boy uses modern cloth diapers. When he wets himself at night, he'd fuss and ask me to change him, then go back to sleep. Sometimes, he uses the potty at night too.

- teach child that pee pee goes into the toilet / potty, including sleeping time. My boy with sensitive skin knows that if he sleeps in wet diapers for long hours, he might get rashes. So I always remind him "pee pee in diapers, get rashes. So pee pee in toilet." After some time, he started waking me up to change him or bring him to potty at night. Sometimes, he stays dry until morning.

For potty-training a younger child, read 18 Sure-Fire Tips for Early Potty Training Success | Mummy's Reviews

Night-time potty-training can take quite long, so be patient.
right now I'm giving him milk earlier than usual b4 his bedtime and ask him to pee just b4 he sleeps. but his diaper is always heavy in the morning. so i guess he is not ready. I'm also not ready to face a wet mnattress and the hassle of changing it now n then

Ting

dun think he is ready leh... but anyway, how to know whether he is ready?
for me, i will only start training when she have dry diapers at night. it is up to each individual. some ppl will just train even if the child hv wet diapers at night. :)

JJDad

for me, i will only start training when she have dry diapers at night. it is up to each individual. some ppl will just train even if the child hv wet diapers at night. :)
his diapers always wet at night. *sigh* dunno when can I stop buying diapers....

Mummy to Baby V

right now I'm giving him milk earlier than usual b4 his bedtime and ask him to pee just b4 he sleeps. but his diaper is always heavy in the morning. so i guess he is not ready. I'm also not ready to face a wet mnattress and the hassle of changing it now n then
Staying through the night is the last milestone in potty-training. Boys also tend to succeed later than girls. As long as he's day-trained and you're teaching him, he's succeed one day. It's hard for adults to sleep through 10-12 hours without pee-ing, let alone toddlers.

If budget is a concern for using diapers, consider using modern cloth diapers? About $30 per set, can last through the night. For night-time only, need 2-3 sets to rotate. If paranoid of leakage (they don't, in my boy's case), just lay a fleece blanket underneath child. These can be passed to future or other kids.