Does yr older child visit u @ hospital after u gave birth?

pkshl

Hi mummies, after you gave birth & stayed @ hospital, does yr hubby bring yr older child to visit you & also see their younger sibling?

As im due mth end, my MIL does not allow my son to go hospital to see me. she said hospital alot of virus & even said during my stay at hospital, my son will stay 1week at her place. So, i asked my hubby will he bring our son to come see me & his meimei, he said of course.

its ok that my son stay over at MIL place during my stay at hospital since hubby needs to clean the house etc but i told hubby, no need stay until 1 week, i dun stay hospital for so long, does that even mean i dun get to see my son for 1whole week?! i was abit fedup when MIL come & make decision for me.:nah:

Amulet

my gf's hubby bring their daughters to visit her in the hospital after she gave birth to her 3rd princess.. no problem about that.. anyway, maternity wards are quite free of virus lo.. if a newborn can handle the hospital environment, i don't see why a toddler cannot.. ur MIL is just making up her own idea..

pkshl

my gf's hubby bring their daughters to visit her in the hospital after she gave birth to her 3rd princess.. no problem about that.. anyway, maternity wards are quite free of virus lo.. if a newborn can handle the hospital environment, i don't see why a toddler cannot.. ur MIL is just making up her own idea..
Precisely! i dun understand my mil's mentality. ok, she's properly concerned abt my son's health but like what u said, a newborn can handle hospital environment, im sure a toddler can. unless she feels that my son is young & duno whats going on BUT cannot be wa, he's already 22mths old. we always tell him meimei is on the way & he will rub my tummy too.

Amulet

Precisely! i dun understand my mil's mentality. ok, she's properly concerned abt my son's health but like what u said, a newborn can handle hospital environment, im sure a toddler can. unless she feels that my son is young & duno whats going on BUT cannot be wa, he's already 22mths old. we always tell him meimei is on the way & he will rub my tummy too.
sometimes it's really hard to phantom what old folks are thinking..

nvrmind, as long as ur hubby say he is bringing ur firstborn to visit you, that's enough.. just keep reminding him wen u are due or on the way to hospital..

imho, it's not good to keep ur son away from u for so long as he WILL miss you.. and if he is missing u intensely thn only return one week later to see you carrying/ sayang a new baby, he might get jealous.. it would be a good idea for him to visit u asap and be introduced to his meimei and start bonding ba..

pkshl

sometimes it's really hard to phantom what old folks are thinking..

nvrmind, as long as ur hubby say he is bringing ur firstborn to visit you, that's enough.. just keep reminding him wen u are due or on the way to hospital..

imho, it's not good to keep ur son away from u for so long as he WILL miss you.. and if he is missing u intensely thn only return one week later to see you carrying/ sayang a new baby, he might get jealous.. it would be a good idea for him to visit u asap and be introduced to his meimei and start bonding ba..
Ya u r right. i can't imagine my MIL telling me to let my son stay at her place so that i can tend to my newborn. i told her its alright, we can handle as we want both of them to bond & be close to each other, only den she said ok.

apollo

I agree with amulet that maternity wards has the least virus. If possible, let ur hub bring him to the ward and see meimei, I think he is looking forward too. =)

PinkDiamonds

The day after I had my C-section my parents brought my #1 to hospital to see me & her siblings. My mum took 1 week leave so that my girl can stay overnight with her while we settle down at home. But my mum will bring my girl back to my place every afternoon to see her didi meimei before bringing her home again. If your MIL is concerned with the virus, then I think you can wait until you & baby discharge, then ask hubby or ur MIL to bring kor kor home to see you. :)

My mum brought my #1 to the ward too after i delivered. Its pretty fine, shes still ran around in the ward as if its her playgorund!!
I think it's important to let them bond immediately, like let them see their didi or mei mei instead of keeping them away then suddenly you come home with a baby.

Not only did she visit me, my firstborn even stayed overnight in ward with hubby and me. Just one night though coz hubby say she violent sleeper. Kept kicking him. They shared the small guest bed.

MomoMummy

tt time when my friend gave birth, mom also say hospital "dirty"(ghost).. better not bring her..
i dun care hahaha still bring my daughter go. n she keep wanting me to carry her to sayang my friend's son..

if i were to give birth to my 2nd, i cant wait for my #1 to sayang my #2!!!

fattymumu

my parents bought my son to see me on the day i delivered cos it happened to be weekend and my boy was at their place. My boy was so happy cos can see Didi and he even attempted to carry him. Also kept getting my dad to bring him to the nursery to see didi.