Organic Cereal ...

ling.er

As per my MIL she say that my son seem dun like to eat His organic cereal recently.. As i bought those mix with barley wan.. @ 1st he was ok then since i start work .. my MIL say he dun wan to eat.. Eat a few spoon then wan puke lei.. Any other brand tat was nt so sweet can intro to son which coming 10mth??

Nestle cereal is sweet - Son love it ><"
Friso try rice base wan b4 , Wheat base have try b4 .

ling.er

This the organic cereal i give him lo.. Sudden cant rmb the name so nv type in... Oatmeal he eat ok brown rice poo smelly then barlay @ 1st ok then till nw like dun like to eat alrd..

bakaholic

Try Bellamy's brand. Found cold storage and marketplace and organic shops.
My son has tried the porridge (millet with oatmeal) and white rice cereal and he loves it. I also started him on healthy times barley cereal as well. These are non sweetened. I nver let him take those with sugar as it will dulled their taste bud. Other brands like Earth's best, HIPP are non sweetened as well.

Or you can start adding some fruits to it to sweeten it if you boy doesn't like plain flavour.

bakaholic

I have not tried as I had a look at the ingredients and it contain mannitol which is a sugar.
I only give non-sweetened food to my boy, though the fm he drank was on the sweet side.

Edwinie

Try Bellamy's brand. Found cold storage and marketplace and organic shops.
My son has tried the porridge (millet with oatmeal) and white rice cereal and he loves it. I also started him on healthy times barley cereal as well. These are non sweetened. I nver let him take those with sugar as it will dulled their taste bud. Other brands like Earth's best, HIPP are non sweetened as well.

Or you can start adding some fruits to it to sweeten it if you boy doesn't like plain flavour.
hi! i realise for the bellamy brand, it can only last for 3 weeks after opening.. my question is how do you store it and is there anyway to lengthen the storage life (maybe put in the fridge)?

Edwinie

the package wrote within 28 days of opening... if i start weaning my son with this and he takes very long to get used to it, then most of the packet will be wasted..

ling.er

If last for 3wk then i dun think my son can finish tat fast.. It can be store in fridge i guess but if is mi i wun do tat.. Mayb can share with those mummy... half half each lolx

Edwinie

If last for 3wk then i dun think my son can finish tat fast.. It can be store in fridge i guess but if is mi i wun do tat.. Mayb can share with those mummy... half half each lolx
that's y i don't dare to open just yet.

u want to share? i bought 1 pack already. i sell u half pack $3. u can come my home to collect. i'll open the day you come. i plan to start after mid-april..

joeybeadz

hi! i realise for the bellamy brand, it can only last for 3 weeks after opening.. my question is how do you store it and is there anyway to lengthen the storage life (maybe put in the fridge)?
Oh. The one I bought, Healthy Times, has a longer shelf life. However, I use air tight container to store it.

apollo

have you tried HappyBellies? Nurture Inc. (Happy Baby), Happy Bellies, DHA + Probiotic, Organic Brown Rice Cereal, 7 oz (198 g) - iHerb.com this is available at iherb.com and some organic stores. They have brown rice, oatmeal, multi grain. =)

Apollo, Do u gibve ur son these cereal as well?? It a plain type wan or?? Cos my son dun like too plain type = =
Yes I used to give him Happybellies until he reached 14-15 mth old. I alternate btwn brown rice, oatmeal, multi grain. He dont really like brown rice so if I'm giving brown rice, I will add milk instead of water.

ling.er

I wonder those cereal told to add water can add milk in anot .. Oh my apollo u add milk in? So does ur baby eat?? Mayb i shall give it a try on week end.

bakaholic

28 days is 4 wks. I think if you feed like 2-3 thsp every other day, should finish by then.
I didnt keep track opened date but they smell ok to me.

Can add pureed veg, fruit to the cereal as well. I usually add water to it cos formula milk taste funny but if you child is ok with it, then it's fine. Mine rejected cereal with fm.

ling.er

28 days is 4 wks. I think if you feed like 2-3 thsp every other day, should finish by then.
I didnt keep track opened date but they smell ok to me.

Can add pureed veg, fruit to the cereal as well. I usually add water to it cos formula milk taste funny but if you child is ok with it, then it's fine. Mine rejected cereal with fm.
Puree Veg ?? Lolx i think my MIL will scream @ mi.. I think i do it on wk end.. cereal with milk i find tat werid.. So i dare nt like my son try it.. Scare will get his tummy dun feel so well..

bakaholic

Puree Veg ?? Lolx i think my MIL will scream @ mi.. I think i do it on wk end.. cereal with milk i find tat werid.. So i dare nt like my son try it.. Scare will get his tummy dun feel so well..
Your son not taking formula or breast milk? If he is ok with formula, shouldn't have tummy ache. But have to check for allergy though. The added veg/fruit is to enhance the taste and add nutrients as it is taken as a meal.

ling.er

Your son not taking formula or breast milk? If he is ok with formula, shouldn't have tummy ache. But have to check for allergy though. The added veg/fruit is to enhance the taste and add nutrients as it is taken as a meal.
Ya he drinking F/M .... so it ok to add fruit & F/M to cereal ?? Hmm okok i shall give it a try

apollo

I wonder those cereal told to add water can add milk in anot .. Oh my apollo u add milk in? So does ur baby eat?? Mayb i shall give it a try on week end.
why not? cereal can be added with water, FM, BM and even fruit juice. some cereal alrdy has milk in it, for those, just add water will do. brands like frisocrem, nestle are all with milk alrdy. u can read the ingredients behind.

why scream at u? puree is good! esp homemade puree.. u mentioned that he tried frisocrem n nestle cereal b4 right? both have milk in it, he didnt have tummy upset aft taking them right?