Mindchamps

mum2girls

We have friends introduced Mindchamps to us and was offended when we told them that we are not interested due to different parenting style. What I know is on the introductary session, they will get your kids to memorise stuff in the shortest time and you will be impressed with it (as told by a friend).

However, for us, we always tell our kids. Don't memorise things blindly, the easiest way to remember is to first understand what you are to going to memorise or learn.

We do not like to spend money on enrichment classes. But we will never hesistate to spend on books, toys, board games, bicycles etc. My children love reading and very eager to learn. They will ask us to let them do worksheet and want us to teach them. I wouldn't say that they are extremely good in their studies, but I do see improvement every year. We guess that because they do not have any pressure that is why they are very happy in learning. They always see their friends going for classes during the weekends and after school. They told us that they don't like to go for those classes as they want to have more time to do what they like. We told them, if that is so, then they must put in effort in their work and pay attention in class.

Neverthelss, as I said different parenting style so there is no right or wrong in attending additional classes..is really up to individual :001_302:

EnFlor

We have friends introduced Mindchamps to us and was offended when we told them that we are not interested due to different parenting style. What I know is on the introductary session, they will get your kids to memorise stuff in the shortest time and you will be impressed with it (as told by a friend).

However, for us, we always tell our kids. Don't memorise things blindly, the easiest way to remember is to first understand what you are to going to memorise or learn.

We do not like to spend money on enrichment classes. But we will never hesistate to spend on books, toys, board games, bicycles etc. My children love reading and very eager to learn. They will ask us to let them do worksheet and want us to teach them. I wouldn't say that they are extremely good in their studies, but I do see improvement every year. We guess that because they do not have any pressure that is why they are very happy in learning. They always see their friends going for classes during the weekends and after school. They told us that they don't like to go for those classes as they want to have more time to do what they like. We told them, if that is so, then they must put in effort in their work and pay attention in class.

Neverthelss, as I said different parenting style so there is no right or wrong in attending additional classes..is really up to individual :001_302:

thanks for sharing your view. I totally agree with u :)

longvale

my son has tried mindchamp, and personally, i think it is a good course. however, i don't think mindchamp is suitable for everyone, especially not for those with learning difficulties. i have also tried cma, kumon, shichida and some others, still with not much results. then i realised through my friend about some brain training which actually tune the brain so the child can be smarter. my son who is in p3 is currently having private brain training at home and he has since scored above 90 marks for all his subjects. the training is not dry as the trainer uses a lot of manipulatives, not so much on pen and paper. my son could concentrate and think so much more and he likes doing maths olympiad. our chinese is not so good as we don't really speak that at home, but still he scores above 90.

i am even thinking of letting my daughter do the private brain training as she is going into p1 next year.

jennifertan

Hi Longvale,

Beside engaging the private braining training at home, did you use any tutor for your P3 boy?

I have a 8 years old boy with short attention span/focus and lack of processing skills, which can be quite tough on his Maths, Eng Compo.

Oh... thanks for your mobile number that given to me....appreciated :)

Hope we can keep in touch :)

longvale

hi jennifertan,

my boy has not started on any tuition yet, n i try not to put him on any other program as much as possible, as he has got tons of other activities going on. yea lets keep in touch. :)

cassandrayue

Hi longvale

If you don't mind, could you pls give me more info on the brain training your child is getting privately at home? Cost, what happens during the training, contact details?

Thanks!
Cassandra

Karenchia

Hi longvale

Can you share what this private brain training does?
My son is disinterested in studies and generally non motivated and he will be entering into Pr 1 next year and I am deeply worried.

Neat

Hi Longvale

I am new. Saw your write up. I am interested to get to know more of the private brain training, care to share.

By the way, my son is in P5, is it still suitable?

Thanks

laiharc

Hi longvale,
I am keen to know more about the brain training that your son is engaging. I knew of an academy which train the mid brain too. But I want to know more from other sources.

My son is p5 next year n he is still not '开巧'. I wish he can be more serious about school works. Research says concentration n strong memory will help a kid excel in academic n have good personality.

I hope you can share with me your experience personally and provide the trainer contact. Merci!