PR give birth in Singapore

Hi, all,

Any PR give birth in Singapore?
  • how u apply birth cert for your bb?
  • if after check out from hospital, can I go back directly to Malaysia without bb passport?
  • when go back to Malaysia, will Malaysia government issue the birth cert for my bb?

Thanks…

syirah

• how u apply birth cert for your bb?
  • if after check out from hospital, can I go back directly to Malaysia without bb passport?
  • when go back to Malaysia, will Malaysia government issue the birth cert for my bb?
hi..

i'm from m'sia.

1. i apply my bb birth cert @kkh hospital after discharge n collect birt cert on
same day. After that i apply passport online , within 3 day (working day) i
can collect @ ICA
2. u must apply birth cert n bb passport then can go back M'sia.

BabyZenZen

Hi,

Me and my hubby are Singapore PR.
I gave birth at TMC and applied Singapore Birth Cert at ICA (collect on the same day).
Then went to Malaysia High Comm to apply Malaysia Birth Cert (collect one week later).
Then applied Malaysia Passport when collect Malaysia Birth Cert.
Then went back to Malaysia High Comm again to collect Malaysia Passport and went to ICA to apply Singapore PR for my son.
Then finally can go back to Malaysia.
All can be done within a month, during your confinement month.

mavislohsp

Hi Celest,

Do you know if here is any confinement centre in Singapore? Both myself and my hubby are M'sian too. But recently we have just moved to HK and I am planning to go back to Singapore to give birth. But I do not have a place for me to do my confinement. Any suggestion?? Thanks!

Mavis

kchiah

Hi,

I gave birth at TMC and applied Singapore Birth Cert at ICA (collect on the same day).
Then went to Malaysia High Comm to apply Malaysia Birth Cert (collect one week later).
Then went back to Malaysia High Comm again to collect Malaysia Passport and went to ICA to apply Singapore PR for my son.
Hi Baby Zen Zen,

Jus saw ur thread, I would like to know when u went to apply all the birth cert/passport/PR all these, mummy and baby need to go as well?
Thks

christeoh

hi BabyZenZen...
thanks for the info. but can i do a walk-in to ICA to apply for a Spore PR for my baby? or must i click on the e-appointment? she already has her birth-certs and passport.

thanks!

kcsyfne

Hi,

Hi Baby ZenZen,

Im a msian pr too. My hubby is in still waiting for his pr application outcome. We have just found out that im pregnant. we are planning to deliver our child in Singapore. Can my child be a Singapore Citizen instead of PR?

kchiah

Hi Baby ZenZen,

Im a msian pr too. My hubby is in still waiting for his pr application outcome. We have just found out that im pregnant. we are planning to deliver our child in Singapore. Can my child be a Singapore Citizen instead of PR?

Hi, in order to apply Singapore citizen for baby, either parent must be a Singaporean, else can only apply PR for the baby. U may refer ICA website for info.

yogentri

Hi,
Need a advise.
My wife is Indonesian holding a Long Term Social visit pass and I am from nepal and holding Singapore Permanent Resident Status. We are going to give birth here in Singapore at KKH. But one thing I am unsure that when the baby born what Nationality Passport will my baby get. Nepal, Indonesia or Singapore? If its indonesia or Nepal what will be the process to apply one. Could you please provide me with the good advise. its would be very very greatful.

-Yogen