Formula milk for 6 months & above

kireipiggy

Dear mummies, May I know what brand of FM are you feeding your boys & girls? Do you mix milk powder with soya powder or with other powders?

mumusings

My son's been off FM since 12 months old and on generic family milk. He used to take Friso and Mamil Gold. We kind of trained him to take in a couple of brands (just in case we're stuck and can't find the excact brand/flavour).

I've observed that FM causes constipation and hyperactivity. Much better now since we've switched to Dugro / Fernleaf - and definitely more cost-effective.

kayla10

yes. i mix enfapro & isomil.. but thats because she doesnt like milk. so i tried adding isomil in it. initially she was ok, but after a period of time she doesnt want isomil already. so i gave her enfapro.

kireipiggy

yes. i mix enfapro & isomil.. but thats because she doesnt like milk. so i tried adding isomil in it. initially she was ok, but after a period of time she doesnt want isomil already. so i gave her enfapro.
isomil cause constipation right? Coz my boy LS for a couple of days then pd gave isomil. the next day his poo was hard & painful to pass out.

kireipiggy

My son's been off FM since 12 months old and on generic family milk. He used to take Friso and Mamil Gold. We kind of trained him to take in a couple of brands (just in case we're stuck and can't find the excact brand/flavour).

I've observed that FM causes constipation and hyperactivity. Much better now since we've switched to Dugro / Fernleaf - and definitely more cost-effective.
You mean Dugro / Fernleaf no constipation? Am very scare of hard poo coz makes the bottom very red each time :(

allycat

Quan used to take Nan HA but he would only finished half the amount given. No issue even since we switched over to Friso 2. He's given fresh milk occasionally and he likes it too.

kireipiggy

Quan used to take Nan HA but he would only finished half the amount given. No issue even since we switched over to Friso 2. He's given fresh milk occasionally and he likes it too.
Pd says HA milk is tasteless or bitter. No sweet @ all. My younger brother tried it also say not nice :) HAHA

kayla10

Kereipiggy: ok la.. Initially my baby don't poo that smoothly when she took isomil. But I mix with enfapro then better. If give enfapro alone her poo very soft, look like LS. But now I mix enfapro & isomil her poo not soft not hard.

kireipiggy

Kereipiggy: ok la.. Initially my baby don't poo that smoothly when she took isomil. But I mix with enfapro then better. If give enfapro alone her poo very soft, look like LS. But now I mix enfapro & isomil her poo not soft not hard.
Yes notice isomil give hard & painful poo coz pd gave that to stop LS. But not recommended for long term feed for boys, so change to Enfalac LF version now :) Hopefully can change back to HA soon

mumusings

I only know that whenever I gave him FM he stops pooping for a day or two. Off FM and he's happy as a lark. Had no choice but to discard the FM 'cos tins were opened and had no one to give to:( He's almost 3 years old now.

0-6mths: Friso Soy milk
Dulac/Dupro (the sweet can with an elephant pink/blue) - 6-12mths
Dugro 13-25mths
Fernleaf 3+ or Family milk - 2 years onwards

So far no problems. Saved ALOT this way. With Fernleaf, maximum 10 packs a month and if you buy larger pack/when discounted, works out to less than S$80 a month.

Avelynn

My 7months old son is drinking S26. I am thinking to switch over to Friso recommended which most my friends' said are better. Cause S26 more 'heaty'

kireipiggy

I'm thinking to switch my son to S26 since i'm also a S26 baby last time. Heard from my mum that S26 has a long history. Definitely been in the market for over 30 years :)

bakermantoy

I was on Enfa but switched the Bellamy's organic since he was 4 months. No colic, no allergies and best of all no bloating. On the previous milk, he seemed to bulk up too quick too fast.