anyone has good ones to recommend
as my son is always crying at KKH when doing therapies
end up didn't manage to do

am thinkin of trying home therapist see if it works

pls help if u have contacts that are tried before n good

thank you

cobbie

Hi,
If you're looking for ABA therapy, they do conduct home-based therapies. My son has some behavioural issues ( can't sit still ) and speech delay. He has been on ABA for close to 6 months now and I have seen him improve month from month. You can try Autism Recovery Network or Autism Partnership.
However, it is quite normal for children to have meltdowns during the first few sessions. They might feel unsettled by the new environment and the therapist and sometimes it can be simply task avoidance. Hope it helps : )

Worrymum

Hi,
If you're looking for ABA therapy, they do conduct home-based therapies. My son has some behavioural issues ( can't sit still ) and speech delay. He has been on ABA for close to 6 months now and I have seen him improve month from month. You can try Autism Recovery Network or Autism Partnership.
However, it is quite normal for children to have meltdowns during the first few sessions. They might feel unsettled by the new environment and the therapist and sometimes it can be simply task avoidance. Hope it helps : )
Hi Cobbie,

I suspect my son is ASD. He cannot sit still and poor social skill. We send him for assessment at KKH, but it takes half a year for the evaluation. He is 35 months now. I wonder know where u get the ABA therapy for your son? Does the cost very high?

Hope can hear from your soon. Thx.

Angelmum

The last time I attended it cost SGD3K for a 5-day course at Grand Copthrone Waterfront.

This is a course for parents who can carry out what you were taught daily and with a regular routine... to see results and make yr $$ worth. FYI, U cant do 3 times today and skip for a few days cos u r busy, especially when comes to patterning.

You can type 'Glenn Doman' in YouTube to see some examples.

There's also a GD forum. Forget where I put my link. The members are mainly GD graduates, offering their experience and asking for directions to carry out GD.
Videos for glenn doman patterning; Videos for glenn doman childbrain
Child Brain Injury Recovery - Is Treatment Possible? What Therapy Can Help?

It is usual for child to cry when doing things they are not used to, especially facing unfamiliar people who forced them to do work, stretching them, etc. If your child is in special school, learn some skills from the therapists and carry out at home. Too bad, Spore doesn't have a govt owned subsidized therapy centre .... we can only rely on costly private sessions, often full-house hospital and schools.

Parents who are the main caregivers, know how much they can commit and help their own children. I believe in real hard work. Result is not instant, could be years before you see your hardwork paid out so parents must have lots of patience. Will faced setbacks and get discouraged cos you're facing it (alone), your other family members or closest friends won't understand what you're going thru. They may make you felt you're totally useless.

Glenn doman may help, ABA, ABR-Therapy .... anything could be useful... just need to find the most suitable method to help your child. It could mean spending lots of money to test this and that.

cobbie

Hi Cobbie,

I suspect my son is ASD. He cannot sit still and poor social skill. We send him for assessment at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, but it takes half a year for the evaluation. He is 35 months now. I wonder know where you get the ABA therapy for your son? Does the cost very high?

Hope can hear from your soon. Thx.
Hi,

sorry for the late reply. was super busy with change of aba therapists and introduction of biomedical etc....for my son lately. First, can your son speaks well ? Many kids these days are hyperactive so this does not mean ASD. As for social interaction, is your child the only child ? You can observe him around peers, does he initiate play wth them ? Does he has good eye contact or respond to his name ? Any weird obsessions like stacking things in a line, looking at fans, rolling wheels, flapping hands, body rocking, twirling , tiptoeing ? Some NT children does that at times but ASD kids are fixated on this and gets frustrated when you interrupt them. Then this is not normal anymore.
If you can afford it, go for a private evaluation. Personally, I went for a private one at 2yo and then to kkh at 3yo. I find kkh evaluation very sketchy at best, the doc did not play nor talk to my son, it is just like a parent questionaire thingy. For private ones, you can try ovspring.
Go get the diagnosis, you do not need the formal one now, you can just go for the clinical observation which maybe costs less than sgd 200 for an hour observation.
Decide on the options of intervention. Government ones, like wecan and AAS has a long wait and need to go thru CEL. For private ones, it depends on the condition of your child, if he is severe with behavioral issues or non-verbal at all, then aba is good. For my son, I tried speech & OT, then ABA and ABA works best for him and I see most results. For aba, there is different forms as well. AP is using more of the lovvas approach ( in my opinion works better for kids who needs more structure at first ) and ARN is using verbal behaviour which is more play-based, natural and better for generalization. Having tried both, I much prefer ARN which is my current aba provider, as they are always stretching my son to talk in sentences, not just 2 words. And he is beginning to talk more now ! Kids learn better thru play even ASD kids .
The flipside is it is expensive @ $150 per session for min 3 hrs. I am not sure how many min no of sessions per week but you can call them to check. ABA works best when there is min 20 hrs per week. If you are not working, you can maybe engage them for 2x a week and do the rest of the therapy yourself by observing them in session. I am also doing DIY therapy for my son every night when I am free. It is not difficult to teach and you will get the hand of it after some time.
Being parents, we know our child best, has a better rapport with them but downside is they will try to test your limits more often than with a therapist.
Good luck

Worrymum

Hi,

Just went for the Kandang Kerbau eval and like u said, it' s more of a questionnaire thingy. Imdo feel that it's a bit sketchy too. Anyway, my son is diagnosed with mild ASD and high functioning. It's not that we are in denial but after a few sessions talking to parents whose kid is diagnosed with mild ASD, most if not all feel strongly about the diagnosis being to subjective and the diagnosis being borderline....

Our dilemma now comes down to whether we should enrol him to an EIPIC centre. In terms of cost, it is quite steep and comparable to a private centre so we are now thinking if we should just go private. Not to mentioned the long waiting list for public ones like ARC.

cobbie

Hi all,

I am running into alot of problems with my aba provider. They are at first very good but I don't see much progress lately. And they are not actively problem solving as well.

Can anyone recommend me a committed and resourceful freelance aba therapist ?

Thanks!

Ritu gupta

Hi,
My son is 3.4 years old and diagnosed with ADHD. He is on therapies from past 1 year in India .. And now has started speaking in sentence.. We are shifting to Singapore.. Need some suggestionsabout a good therapy centre in which his learning abilities can be excelled and hyperactivity can be controlled..

advocate

is he currently on any medication? because some ADHD drugs are not available in singapore and may affect compliance.

Mrs Yaw

Hi Rita,

Are you in Singapore already?

Did you manage to find a suitable program/therapist/teacher to send your child to? Has he made good improvement?

You might want to check out https://www.themilestoneacademy.org

Their rates are comparatively lower than the most of the private centers. They are very willing to train parents during the children's sessions so that learning can be reinforced at home.

Hope this helps, though the reply is 5 months late!

Regards,
Mrs Yaw