How'll you deal with noisy neighbours ?

Carol

What'll you do if you have noisy neighbours who disturb your beauty sleep in the middle of the night ?
Call police ? Confront them ? Keep quiet and tolerate ?
Or do what my neighbour did ? This's what I found in the lift one day.

A note pasted on the lift.
To the auntie of #08-xx,
Please lower your volume. Im woken up by you every morning at 4am without fail. People need to work you know. Maids are also humans.

Still got chinese version. Lol !
Apparently this auntie start screaming at her husband and maid at 4am everyday.

lisa_ng

i've got noisy neighbours here also. the woman sing karoake every afternoon for 6hrs. i called npp but they say they only handle cases after 10.30pm & advise me to go to hdb. i call hdb & was refer to a officer in charge of complains for my block. he's very responsible even make a trip here to know more details. he also sugguest not to confront the person directly let them handle the case. well now seldom hear them sing, even if they sing they didn't on their systems too loud. :001_302:

xiaodaisy

haha i don have tis problem cos i tink i e noisy neighbour ba cos everyday yelling n screamin at my 2 DS lolz..

stonston

at my parent's place got this family...the ILs stay in e next blk...every morning when they head over to e ILs place with kids n maid, WHOLE NEIGHBOURHOOD noes....
night time when they bring e kids back after dinner, again, e whole neighbourhood noes....

their kids SCREAM, shout, stomp fm e time they leave 1 location till they reach e next location...worst part, their kids play along corridor (not their house hor) n scream n shout every afternoon....

even my best fren who stays in same blk but e other end of e blk n nvr come in contact with them b4 also noe abt tt family....imagine tt!!!

anyway, we saw this amusing note stuck in both blk's lift for them:

"Dear Neighbours,
Your family's presence is extremely well-known due to the amount of noise you make everyday. No one fails to wake up when your family is heading out or returning home.

You should teach your children RESPECT, which includes respect for neighbours by keeping quiet and NOT play along the corridor everyday.

If you cannot find another activity for your children, please ask your maid to bring them to the park to play. A good alternative is to silence your children.

Your Neighbours"

stonston

oh ya, n u noe how they bring their stroller home? they push it DOWN THE STAIRS n let it bang away.....tink they testing if their stroller is realli good or not, cant tahan their kid's huge sizes or not....

Carol

oh ya, n u noe how they bring their stroller home? they push it DOWN THE STAIRS n let it bang away.....tink they testing if their stroller is realli good or not, cant tahan their kid's huge sizes or not....

Lol ! This family is really worse than my neighbours man. I've got one ah beng here who always walk past my corridor, shouting into his hp. I feel like asking him your house no reception ah, must come my corridor talk. Lol.

Dymples

My noisy neighbour is upstairs above me. Children loves to jump and bang things on the floor from 10pm onwards. Then keep hearing marbles rolling all over the floor if not like furniture being dragged on the floor. The worse is they like to bang the walls / bang furniture or worse... drill the walls in the middle of the night. Dunno what the h**l they doing leh.

Got once the banging was from 10pm to 11pm. In end, so fed-up, me and hub went up to complain. But guess what, when we ring their door bell, suddenly all goes quiet and the lights switch off. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

`julee

lol. i tink i am the noisy neighbour also.
we are very loud lor.
i jus think its because its a quiet neighbourhood.

LoVeS

i've got noisy neighbours here also. the woman sing karoake every afternoon for 6hrs. i called npp but they say they only handle cases after 10.30pm & advise me to go to hdb. i call hdb & was refer to a officer in charge of complains for my block. he's very responsible even make a trip here to know more details. he also sugguest not to confront the person directly let them handle the case. well now seldom hear them sing, even if they sing they didn't on their systems too loud. :001_302:
This is a gd idea, given to me aso will call hdb to complain 1st n if it doesnt works dh will go up n confront them.

Ting

my neighbours still ok, maybe cos i only hv one neighbour..think is my baby the noisy one when she cry...hehe..

sane

I will go up and confront them directly. For my case, it's not noisy neighbours but dripping water from above, I just go up and tell them nicely.
If they refused, I will request for town council to assist. Luckily they just kept the dripping clothes, save the trouble for both.

vion

I oso hv noisy neighbours which i tink one won't wanna go confront but instead dial 999....

Started from some mths ago, tis man from above my unit i tink was swearing n cursing. Tis will go on for hrs n in between tis will be banging n throwing of things... I'm almost afraid of looking out the window...haha... who knows skarli he too agitated le juz open the window n jump down leh...hehe

Anyway the quarrel seems to get more frequent, sometimes I really feel like calling the police. Haizzz if tis continues..maybe one day there'll be murder case in my blk leh...

xiaodaisy

Lol ! Where you stay ? I better dun move near you. Joking joking :001_302:
haha i stayin at sengkang rivervale 145 haha wanna move hse don move near mi or else haha.. i'll be ur noisy neighbour lolz!~! i yell even at nite den after yelling so paiseh haha cos at e moment so angry mah haha

EnFlor

A noisy neighbour who stays a unit below our level. Basically, either the Mum or Dad will place one of their two toddler-aged children outside at the corridor.

The parent will be scolding in Singlish (some partly abusive words may be uttered sometimes) to the wailing and helpless child outside. It can start as early as 7am almost everyday. FYI both their children are 3+ and 2+ yo.

It is already bad hearing all those broken English being said aloud and it is worse to look at how these kids are being punished by the less compassionate parents.

Poor children --> will pick up bad English + mentally and psychologically abuse

Poor neighbours like me --> emotionally abuse (sad for the kids) + have to 'edit' their English whenever i hear them open their mouth :tlaugh:

leey

I will complain at the management unit,

then the officier will go to the flat and talk with them.

This is an formal way.:wong19:

babypris86

i have a neighbour , the wife is a japanese.. don know why every time they go shopping they must make A LOT of noise ... and they have 3 kids... some times they even scare my son up when he is sleeping... I as so piss off until every time i see them i sure show a very black face... i even warn the Japanese wife 3 times... den she start to be quiet...

damianli

last time at my mum place in tampines sometimes in the middle of the night the hb & wife will quuarrel very loudly sometimes they will fight. There was once the husband hurt the wife ear & the ambulance & police came. They just live below our unit.

Strange things started to happen a few years ago... our panties start disappearing... Only expensive & nice nice one. Oh yeah their son is also abit strange... everytime passby me he will peep & peep when i look at him he will pretend to walk off but i knew so i just stand there & he CONFIRM will hide & peep behind a wall so i just use my deadly stare then he will walk off... haha

Needless to say our panties is either stolen by the father or the son cz there was once midnight my mum woke up to go toilet she heard sounds frm our kitchen window she take a look & a bamboo..they r trying to hook out our undies.... so my mum grab the bamboo & keep pulling then they faster let go. So my mum kept the bamboo as evidence.

damianli

oh yah my mum oso told some of her closer neighbours which i tink is perfectly den 1 fine afternoon the wife came up knock on the door & shouted to look 4 my mum. So i yell loudly : MUMMY SIAO CHARBOR LOOKIN FOR YOU. ca i hate the wife also... everytime she saw me she will give me that kinda look as if i owe her $$$

Once my mum came out she yell & yell at my mum saying my mum told ppl her hb or son "cant rem" steal our undies etccc... she continue for about 15min then i buey tahan i send regards to her Whole Family... HAHA. frm that day onwards whenever she saw me waiting for the lift she will take the stairs...:tlaugh: