HARD sell at london weight mgt

Gem2505

just to share my experience.

i bought a voucher from Groupon. its $28 for 4 slimming session worth $600. when i made an appt to go for that 1st session. they made me sign on a paper stating that i have to go thru a 2.5hrs consultation and that i have no menses. why do i have to go thru that 2.5hrs talk when im going for a redemption of my session? but i still sign on that thinking that it was their procedure. the lady pushed me for a $8K PACKAGE!
i was shocked! and i keep saying no. i wont want so spend so much + i just had my first girl whom is only 5mths old. they hard selling lasted more than 2hours. i was damn tired and gave in. ( YES! v stupid me. ) i signed a 4K package.
they really have all ways to make u sign. my stand wasnt firm. haiz. big regret.
they made me split my 4k into 2 credit cards. however, after 1hour, i regret. i called them, but they have closed. so i sms the consultant that i wanted to cancel the whole thing. she say tml ( which is today ) we talk. so i went down to talk.
this time, of coz im firm. she still tried to push me the package.
then she say ok, i will have to write in to them and their lawyer would contact me!
i was wondering, why do i even have to talk to their lawyer?
can someone advise on this?
Do i have to talk to their lawyer?
I understand that under Singapore Consumer Rights, we can cancel any form of contracts within 5 days from the sale date. able to advise how to go about on this?
i do not want to lose 4k and i have no mood to go for the whole package....

=(

I think maybe they are just frightening you? Anyway did you read properly before signing anything? Usually they wont give refund one. my friend also got cheated by a beauty centre once. She also purchase a coupon from Groupon and then went down there for trial session but then the trial session was nothing described in the web. I guess we have to be very careful with this kind of thing. If you really dont want the package, maybe you can go CASE and seek advise?

For me, i will usually go this kind of beauty centre through friend's or family's recommendation.

Gem2505

haiz. i just called CASE and checked. they say slimming package DO NOT HAVE cooling period.
only SPA n massage packages then have. i dont see why they seggregate till like that. it should be all the same standard mar. tsk. then they say if their lawyer rep them, then i will need to speak to their lawyer le!

HAIZ X10000000000000000!

if only after speaking with the lawyer all that, till i cannot handle then ask CASE to help. CASE ask me to negotiate with London Wt Mgt. where will have rooms for nego for such thing. they are out to Chop us de mar.

BIG REGRET!

haiz. i just called CASE and checked. they say slimming package DO NOT HAVE cooling period.
only SPA n massage packages then have. i dont see why they seggregate till like that. it should be all the same standard mar. tsk. then they say if their lawyer rep them, then i will need to speak to their lawyer le!

HAIZ X10000000000000000!

if only after speaking with the lawyer all that, till i cannot handle then ask CASE to help. CASE ask me to negotiate with London Wt Mgt. where will have rooms for nego for such thing. they are out to Chop us de mar.

BIG REGRET!
hello there... I understand... as i am under the same situation as u a few yrs back....=( what they advise me was to sell my package to another person.... then the other person will continued on ur behalf... hais.... I went for the treatment but i FIND TOTAL NO USE....they make u drink water before the session n wat u lost is actually the water NOT THE FATS. now i still have 2 session to go. after 5 yrs... yes... i sign that stupid package when i was in my poly years. 2006... STUDENT MONEY ALSO WANA EARN.... well.... y not u try to see ur friends ard got anyone wana go for the package then sell to them mayb at a cheaper rate?

Gem2505

hello there... I understand... as i am under the same situation as u a few yrs back....=( what they advise me was to sell my package to another person.... then the other person will continued on ur behalf... hais.... I went for the treatment but i FIND TOTAL NO USE....they make u drink water before the session n wat u lost is actually the water NOT THE FATS. now i still have 2 session to go. after 5 yrs... yes... i sign that stupid package when i was in my poly years. 2006... STUDENT MONEY ALSO WANA EARN.... well.... y not u try to see ur friends ard got anyone wana go for the package then sell to them mayb at a cheaper rate?
haiz! i think the consultant can help abit de. how much was ur package?
i stupidly signed a $4k package! what i know is they can reduce to cheaper package de.
coz i spoke to my consultant, she was really good la. i told her my husband is v unhappy and i dont want this package to affect my relationship. =X
then she say, she can only help to speak to the co, to reduce to half of the package. so i pay $2k for half of the signed package. *at least i take $2k back*
but now, i try my luck to see if can get back all anot. else, will talk to the consultant to see how much can she reduce to. pray hard.

haiz! i think the consultant can help abit de. how much was ur package?
i stupidly signed a $4k package! what i know is they can reduce to cheaper package de.
coz i spoke to my consultant, she was really good la. i told her my husband is v unhappy and i dont want this package to affect my relationship. =X
then she say, she can only help to speak to the co, to reduce to half of the package. so i pay $2k for half of the signed package. *at least i take $2k back*
but now, i try my luck to see if can get back all anot. else, will talk to the consultant to see how much can she reduce to. pray hard.
cant really remember how much but they sayw as a student package... ard 1 k? DAMN... but 1 k 5 years again is alot... somemore that time i work part time to earn that 1k.... i talk to the consultant too.. but my that consultant so bitchy... ask me to sell it off to others instead of reducing the price... well, icant b bother to quarrel with her so i jus leave my package there.... i think i went for 5 times only.... as n when... now stil got 2 more to go... hais...

Gem2505

cant really remember how much but they sayw as a student package... ard 1 k? DAMN... but 1 k 5 years again is alot... somemore that time i work part time to earn that 1k.... i talk to the consultant too.. but my that consultant so bitchy... ask me to sell it off to others instead of reducing the price... well, icant b bother to quarrel with her so i jus leave my package there.... i think i went for 5 times only.... as n when... now stil got 2 more to go... hais...
icic. 1K is alot for a student. mine is $4k. worst. hope the consultant can help to reduce till less than 1K or 1K. i dont mind. den i just go lor. or just take the products n sell away.

icic. 1K is alot for a student. mine is $4k. worst. hope the consultant can help to reduce till less than 1K or 1K. i dont mind. den i just go lor. or just take the products n sell away.
yeah... try to sell it first lo... see if anyone interested.. if not go urself lo. but if u go urself B CAREFUL. cos when ur package left like a few session they will START TO hardsell other product for u to sign...

Gem2505

yeah... try to sell it first lo... see if anyone interested.. if not go urself lo. but if u go urself B CAREFUL. cos when ur package left like a few session they will START TO hardsell other product for u to sign...
ha. the nx time round, im sure i will be v firm liao. i've learnt a BIG lesson.

BunnyKiss

ha. the nx time round, im sure i will be very firm . i've learnt a BIG lesson.

That's why i'm a big advocate of TRA. Works like a charm at only half the pricing.

Went to slimming salon before. My body cannot take it after the second session, vomit, diarrhea and dizzy. But no refund was allowed.

Later converted to massage, super expensive $200 per session, cannot negotiate, told me it's their standard pricing. Coz it's a transfer, take it or leave it!!! Worst is, on the last session, told them i'm not continuing, the masseur purposely pressed hard at my spine neck area, for the next week of so, i couldn't even move my neck..

super fuming...swear i never will step in that store ever again..

Gem2505

That's why i'm a big advocate of TRA. Works like a charm at only half the pricing.

Went to slimming salon before. My body cannot take it after the second session, vomit, diarrhea and dizzy. But no refund was allowed.

Later converted to massage, super expensive $200 per session, cannot negotiate, told me it's their standard pricing. Coz it's a transfer, take it or leave it!!! Worst is, on the last session, told them i'm not continuing, the masseur purposely pressed hard at my spine neck area, for the next week of so, i couldn't even move my neck..

super fuming...swear i never will step in that store ever again..
huh! omg. they're damn bad. can complain? how can they injure u one sia. should have seen a doc and make them pay for it, else make it big. ha. i confirm wont let them off so easily.

Gem2505

i rec a LONG email from their Legal that cannot cancel.. cannot refund.. i replied them a longgggg email too!
i wont hesitate to go till CASE to settle this.

Gem2505

So wat did the consultant tell n agreed with u now? still 2 k for ur package?? or???
i havent talk to her yet. trying my luck with the lawyer side. i felt so.. irritated. use legal to talk to me? as if i scared lar. im also doing law stuffs. so i also piang my long email to them. haha! after the lawyer revert then i see how i can talk to the consultant.

i havent talk to her yet. trying my luck with the lawyer side. i felt so.. irritated. use legal to talk to me? as if i scared lar. im also doing law stuffs. so i also piang my long email to them. haha! after the lawyer revert then i see how i can talk to the consultant.
hais... so troublesome... i think we really learn an imot lesson on slimming centres are cheaters... cannot step in... once step in... they sure have their way to persuade u to buy the package de... hais

BunnyKiss

huh! omg. they're damn bad. can complain? how can they injure u one sia. should have seen a doc and make them pay for it, else make it big. ha. i confirm wont let them off so easily.
din't take any action then..

now i am very wary about the last few sessions of my facial, massage package. The last few times, I'll try to stall time for renewing package, not telling them my decision until the last session..

Gem2505

din't take any action then..

now i am very wary about the last few sessions of my facial, massage package. The last few times, I'll try to stall time for renewing package, not telling them my decision until the last session..
iyo.. so scary lor. nx time have to be careful le. last week i went to liang seah st there for 1 time facial. service good and the lady did not push any package at all. when she ask if im interested to go again then i say i v bz coz need to look aft bb. den she didnt say 2nd sentence liao. just pass me namecard n say if wanna go then call her make appt. i was soooo relieved!

Gem2505

just an update.

yesterday evening, i went to the outlet and spoke to the consultant. she refund me 50% back! THANK goodness. i think thats the best she could do so i accepted it and done with and do not want to argue or bomb the lawyer coz i just cant be bothered about it. just wanna get done with it and end it.

in the package, i was given 4 boxes of the coffee. wanna sell away now. coz i dont drink coffee de. take abit $ back also good...

just an update.

yesterday evening, i went to the outlet and spoke to the consultant. she refund me 50% back! THANK goodness. i think thats the best she could do so i accepted it and done with and do not want to argue or bomb the lawyer coz i just cant be bothered about it. just wanna get done with it and end it.

in the package, i was given 4 boxes of the coffee. wanna sell away now. coz i dont drink coffee de. take abit $ back also good...

congrats! but did they still give u the package u bought.? as in they refund half the money to u but the package session still on???