My 12mths old gal cant poo due to poo is way too big for her to squeeze out!!

ast0212

My son had this problem when he started solids. The GP recommended suppositories to ease out the poo. And lots of fibre and water to make the poo softer and easier to pass out.

You can try adding some psyllium husks to her food, just sprinkle a little bit. Psyllium is full of fibre but like all fibrous foods you need lots of water. Oranges are great for getting poo out too.

cutieseah

thks alot.. will be bringing my gal to pd next monday.. so will ask pd abt it too..

My son had this problem when he started solids. The GP recommended suppositories to ease out the poo. And lots of fibre and water to make the poo softer and easier to pass out.

You can try adding some psyllium husks to her food, just sprinkle a little bit. Psyllium is full of fibre but like all fibrous foods you need lots of water. Oranges are great for getting poo out too.

It's possible your girl isn't getting enough water, and it's also possible she's got a gluten allergy on top of dairy (or instead). Try taking her off of all gluten (wheat, barley, rye, oats) and see if that makes a difference.

You can help soften the stools (poop, poo) by:

increasing the fluid your child drinks
increasing the servings of fruit and vegetables in the diet - aim for 5 servings per day

reducing processed and complex carbohydrates in the diet - like junk food

giving a daily glass of apple juice or kiwi fruit juice

adding prunes to the cereal (or use plums, pears, peaches, apricots instead)

reducing the amount of dairy in the diet

Get your child to develop a regular toilet habit by sitting on the toilet for at least 15 minutes per day. It is best if your child sits on the toilet about 30 minutes after a meal.