10 types of food that will increase sperm count

mrinstinct

Just for sharing .....

Oysters
It's not just folklore that oysters can act as an aphrodisiac. Because oysters contain high levels of zinc, they are effective in increasing sperm count. In fact, a study published in the "Journal of Laboratory Clinical Medicine" found that zinc deficiency in men decreased sperm count in four out of five study members. The sperm count increased as soon as the men increased their zinc intake.

Spinach
Mom had it right all those years when she insisted that you eat your greens. Dark, leafy-green vegetables, such as spinach, contain high levels of folic acid. When eaten in conjunction with foods high in vitamin C to help absorption, the folic-acid containing vegetable helps to increase overall sperm health and motility. Furthermore, according to a study published in the March 2002 issue of "Fertility and Sterility," the combination of zinc and folic acid were found to have a positive effect in increasing sperm count.

Eggs
Eating eggs can not only help increase sperm count, but it can also improve the chances of fertilization. Eggs are in high in vitamin E, an ongoing deficiency of which has been linked to testicular tissue degeneration. The antioxidant quality of vitamin E can help to counteract the negative effects that free radicals have on our body's cells, including sperm.

Fruit Salad
Oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, cherries and other foods high in the antioxidant vitamin C are incredibly effective in preventing low sperm count and damage to sperm. Eating a fruit salad can help your body absorb folic acid and helps to counteract free radical damage. Interestingly enough, the semen of men with a diet of up to 1,000 mgs of vitamin C a day has less clumping than that of their deficient counterparts. This can increase motility, which in turn, increases the chance of fertilization.

Walnuts & Almonds
Both walnuts and almonds are rich with arginine, an amino acid that increases sperm production and blood flow. Increased blood flow makes for stronger erections, which, though unrelated to sperm count, is correlated with higher rates of fertilization.

Brazil Nuts
Brazil nuts contain high amounts of the nutrient selenium which, according to a 2001 study in the "Journal of Andrology," is essential in development of normal sperm and in increasing sperm motility.

Water
You may not think of water as a food, but it is an essential nutrient and an important factor in increasing sperm count. Adequate hydration is necessary to keep body cells functioning optimally, sperm included. Drinking eight to 10 glasses of water a day can go a long way toward helping your sperm go a longer way.

Whole Grains
Whole grain foods such as bread, cereals and crackers can increase your chromium levels, thereby increasing your sperm count. In a literature review of studies of the effects of chromium, the journal "Biological Trace Element Research" found that many studies indicate low chromium levels are correlated with decreased sperm count.

Decaffeinated Beverages
Giving up your morning cup of coffee or your midday soda may be difficult, but it may be essential if you are trying to increase your sperm count. Though the mechanism by which it happens as of yet eludes scientists, men who ingest caffeine daily have lower sperm counts than their decaffeinated counterparts

Thanks for the useful info! I read that soy milk and soy based food can also reduce sperm count. Is that true?

I've been trying to watch what I eat a bit more these days, but sometimes it's a struggle since I'm quite greedy! But I cut down on chips and chocolate, and if I feel like snacking, I'll try to have ice cream or fruits instead.

dolphyant

Hi ladies,

after trying for 3 years plus, I finally succeed! :)

Just will like to share the things that we did that helped us bfp. my hb has very low sperm morph, only 2%, low sperm motility and i dun o every month and have pcos. i also have tons of small cysts around my ovaries and 2 fibroids. we tried 3 rounds of IUI with clomid and metformin in 2009 and all 3 attempts were bfn.

We took the below supplements for about 3 months before we managed to bfp! I'm now 16 weeks into my pregnancy. I truly believe the supplements helped both of us. Do give these supplements a try!

My hubby took:

Immuvital multi vits (prescribed by gynae)
pycnogenol (bought from online shop)
vitamin C
royal jelly with bee pollen (bought from online shop)
Coq10 with Fish oil (bought from online shop)

I took:
GNC Mulit vitamins
vitamin C
royal jelly with bee pollen (bought from online shop)
Coq10 with Fish oil (bought from online shop)
CoQ10 with selenium (bought from online shop)
folic acid

raspberry tea daily from start of AF and stop once O happened.

i also started jogging twice a week for 4 months, did foot reflex every 2 weeks for 4 months.

we also used pre-seed for many months but did not succeed. Then i switch to using Conceive Plus instead and the month i used conceive plus, i succeed! maybe conceive plus is more suitable for me!

hope my sharing of information can be of help to you! babydust to all and may all of you will bfp soon!

healthguide

Thanks for the nice article sharing. You can now increase your sperm count by use of some good brand herbal pills like Semenax. Visit the link for more information about this product at [FONT=&quot]semenax-reviews.org[/FONT]

mymiracle

Hi,

you can try cordyceps (Borsh), it works for my hubby. ard 1 box/60 tablets at $42

From low count 1% to 4% and now is 11% which is consider normal sperm count already. For 3 mth + we see the good result. he is still taking it currently.

Im starting my IVF day 10 injection now.. hopefully miracle would happen to me after 10 years of waiting & 6 IUI (failed) :(...

FYI
1st to 4th IUI - Low Count (1 - 4% for good sperm C)
5th to 6th IUI - Normal Count (10 - 11% for good Sperm Count)

i have blocked L tude so, IUI wont works for me after so many month of trying.

good luck

babymoo

Hi mymiracle,
where did u buy cordyceps in tablets form?
Thanks
Hi,

you can try cordyceps (Borsh), it works for my hubby. ard 1 box/60 tablets at $42

From low count 1% to 4% and now is 11% which is consider normal sperm count already. For 3 mth + we see the good result. he is still taking it currently.

Im starting my IVF day 10 injection now.. hopefully miracle would happen to me after 10 years of waiting & 6 IUI (failed) :(...

FYI
1st to 4th IUI - Low Count (1 - 4% for good sperm C)
5th to 6th IUI - Normal Count (10 - 11% for good Sperm Count)

i have blocked L tude so, IUI wont works for me after so many month of trying.

good luck

mymiracle

i actualyl bought from my office here where they sometime have this fair else pretty hard to get from outside too.

go to those herb shop where they sell lot of lot of medication.. try your luck.. tell them the brand.

i know Bedok interchange there's 1, and i actually bought 3 boxes to store 1st...

good luck