EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

melcochas

hehe your tummy is still cute lol! by then it may be bigger already! :) whao krabi is nice..can go there and stone to relax too. thanks for your info!! :)

anyway this is my 1st too so HELLO! hehe!!
i wish to be bigger! hehehe i keep having comments that boobs too big and tummy cant see.. haiz which kinda irritates me.... yup go krabi same like u go bali to relax rolek slack jack... hehehehe

yay first! u know the gender? which hospital u going to deliver?

pokkiedots

i wish to be bigger! hehehe i keep having comments that boobs too big and tummy cant see.. haiz which kinda irritates me.... yup go krabi same like u go bali to relax rolek slack jack... hehehehe

yay first! u know the gender? which hospital u going to deliver?
haha dun worry it will definitely get bigger really soon! i heard that tummies will balloon at an alarming rate! haha.

the last time i scanned at 17 weeks doctor says confirm it's a boy lol cos his buttock was facing us with his legs wide open and there it is! very obvious haha. but i will only want to 100% confirm during the detailed scan before i start shopping keke. is yours boyboy or girlgirl?

i'm going to deliver in TMC. :) how about you?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum - congrats to all of you - this will be my first baby and we will find out the sex in 2 weeks time!!

From wk 6-11 I felt terribly nauseas but vomited only 5-6 times. Couldn't eat much. No real cravings. Now I am 19 wks and have put on about 4kg - tummy very obvious but face still slim!

EDD end of Jan 2012. Seeing Professor Biswas at NUH. Is anyone else going to NUH? Not sure what others think of NUH, but I just went through the entire thread and didn't find anyone else going there. It is near our house. Please do tell me if you've heard anything bad about NUH, as I am so busy and we have not viewed other hospitals at all.

We are taking the NUH hospital tour on Wednesday and plan to do their antenatal classes (8 wks) for about $190. There is also package for $700 which will include all outpatient visits now until delivery (from 22wks). Then there is a separate package of course, for the actual delivery. So we have to decide whether to opt for Deluxe room or normal Single room and that will determine the final cost.

I had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds at 6wk and 9wk (Did you girls get that too??). The Professor gave me (on 1st visit at 6wk) some 5mg Folic Acid (very high dose - much more than the Blackmores 400mcg that I had been taking 4mths before conception). He said not to take anything else (until 2nd trimester when he gave Obimin and Calcium, and told me Fish Oil is also OK). But I felt very sick so I took 50mg Vitamin B6 as well to help with nausea.

Then I had the detailed tummy ultrasound at 12wk where they measure the nuchal translucency and take measurements etc (baby was in perfect position so it was quite quick). They also took the 5 tubes of blood that day and I was given the positive news that all was well. That visit was just under $500 incl. 2 bottles Obimin and 1 bottle Calcium.

I was lucky that I have felt very well for the 2nd trimester. I will have another detailed ultrasound in 2 weeks from now - I will be 21wks then, so I need to ask them whether it's included in the $700 package and if not, can I delay having it by 1 week?

Have not bought anything yet except the 'belly belt' LOL. Only used it once though with my jeans. Now I just prefer loose-fitting dresses. have not't bought any maternity clothes at all. Which maternity clothes shops are the most fashionable anyway? I didn't see any yet that I went 'wow'. Prefer to buy stuff that I can use even after the baby is born!

Hubby and I have spent lots of time browsing at Prams though. So expensive! Do not understand why some are $2000 (Stokke) and $1500 (Bugaboo) and then others are $600 (City Select, McLaren). I'm probably going to get something for about $600. Have not been yet to the big famous Baby outlets so that will be an adventure.

Are any of you interested in joining a Mother's Group once our babies are born? If any of you are in the West Coast area do let me know as perhaps we could set up a meeting spot once a week at say, Vivo City. Then, if it's the same day and time every week, whoever can make it should just show up and we can all eventually get to know each other. I think it's OK if in some weeks only 2-3 of us go, and then in other weeks we have more of us showing up to meet. What do you think?

Looking forward to being on this journey with you all :)

Last edited:

melcochas

haha dun worry it will definitely get bigger really soon! i heard that tummies will balloon at an alarming rate! haha.

the last time i scanned at 17 weeks doctor says confirm it's a boy lol cos his buttock was facing us with his legs wide open and there it is! very obvious haha. but i will only want to 100% confirm during the detailed scan before i start shopping keke. is yours boyboy or girlgirl?

i'm going to deliver in TMC. :) how about you?

Hehe i hope so dear! mine is a boy too! hehe wow so many baby boys in this forum! huat ahhh! hehehehe!

im going to deliver in Gleneagles.

week 23 this week! :D

melcochas

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum - congrats to all of you - this will be my first baby and we will find out the sex in 2 weeks time!!

From wk 6-11 I felt terribly nauseas but vomited only 5-6 times. Couldn't eat much. No real cravings. Now I am 19 wks and have put on about 4kg - tummy very obvious but face still slim!

EDD end of Jan 2012. Seeing Professor Biswas at NUH. Is anyone else going to NUH? Not sure what others think of NUH, but I just went through the entire thread and didn't find anyone else going there. It is near our house. Please do tell me if you've heard anything bad about NUH, as I am so busy and we have not viewed other hospitals at all.

We are taking the NUH hospital tour on Wednesday and plan to do their antenatal classes (8 wks) for about $190. There is also package for $700 which will include all outpatient visits now until delivery (from 22wks). Then there is a separate package of course, for the actual delivery. So we have to decide whether to opt for Deluxe room or normal Single room and that will determine the final cost.

I had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds at 6wk and 9wk (Did you girls get that too??). The Professor gave me (on 1st visit at 6wk) some 5mg Folic Acid (very high dose - much more than the Blackmores 400mcg that I had been taking 4mths before conception). He said not to take anything else (until 2nd trimester when he gave Obimin and Calcium, and told me Fish Oil is also OK). But I felt very sick so I took 50mg Vitamin B6 as well to help with nausea.

Then I had the detailed tummy ultrasound at 12wk where they measure the nuchal translucency and take measurements etc (baby was in perfect position so it was quite quick). They also took the 5 tubes of blood that day and I was given the positive news that all was well. That visit was just under $500 incl. 2 bottles Obimin and 1 bottle Calcium.

I was lucky that I have felt very well for the 2nd trimester. I will have another detailed ultrasound in 2 weeks from now - I will be 21wks then, so I need to ask them whether it's included in the $700 package and if not, can I delay having it by 1 week?

Have not bought anything yet except the 'belly belt' LOL. Only used it once though with my jeans. Now I just prefer loose-fitting dresses. have not't bought any maternity clothes at all. Which maternity clothes shops are the most fashionable anyway? I didn't see any yet that I went 'wow'. Prefer to buy stuff that I can use even after the baby is born!

Hubby and I have spent lots of time browsing at Prams though. So expensive! Do not understand why some are $2000 (Stokke) and $1500 (Bugaboo) and then others are $600 (City Select, McLaren). I'm probably going to get something for about $600. Have not been yet to the big famous Baby outlets so that will be an adventure.

Are any of you interested in joining a Mother's Group once our babies are born? If any of you are in the West Coast area do let me know as perhaps we could set up a meeting spot once a week at say, Vivo City. Then, if it's the same day and time every week, whoever can make it should just show up and we can all eventually get to know each other. I think it's OK if in some weeks only 2-3 of us go, and then in other weeks we have more of us showing up to meet. What do you think?

Hello BB Mum!

First of all, Welcome to the forum! And congrats!!

I had terrible morning sickness till week 16, couldn`t eat anything, throw up everyday and lost 5kg. i just gained back all the 5kgs this month! hehehe.

NUH Private Suite is okay. The normal ones i am not so sure dear.

And yes, i had the Trans Ultrasound a couple of times too during the early weeks cause my baobei too small to be seen thru Abdominal.

I did the NT scan too... all ok so far :D and did the FA scan last week. All great too.

I bought the stroller already! cause there was taka baby fair at that time so i wasted no time since its v v v cheap.

and i don`t mind meeting up at vivo, sounds great!

Happy MTB

Thanks Happy MTB... Have you started shopping for your princess?

Initial EDD was on 22nd, so i was secretely hoping that bb arrived after that, maybe 1st day of CNY.. But since EDD has been changed, i doubt the possibility le. Nvm, healthy bb more impt, hehee..
Hi Ahjanz,

i Bought a few, usually those bigger items..i bought stroller, breast pumper, steriliser, some pillows..heee..still alot to buy hoho

Hi pokkiedots,

I went on a 7-day overseas trip in the region & took flights.
You will need to check with your gynae first and get a letter to certify that you are fit for travel. Need the EDD, number of weeks you are pregnant and safe to travel during which period.
You will also need to inform the travel agency / airline and bring the letter with you when you check in.
At the airports in Spore & my visiting country, I requested not to go through the metal detector gate but told the staff that i am pregnant and will like to have a physical check instead. Both allowed me to do that.

Do rem to take your supplements with you! I forgot to bring one type....
Take care. :D

hello mummies! i am new to this thread! :) am currently 20 weeks and going for my detailed scanning next tuesday. see that a lot of you have gone for the scan and had so much fun..can't wait for mine!! :D

will like to check with you guys, have any of you travelled at 24 weeks of pregnancy before? is taking a plane "safe" at that period of time? really want to go for a short trip before baby pops but am quite paranoid too lol!

Happy MTB

Hi mummies,

Yea, i deciding to go for prenatal massage about 6 mths onwards. its either ask them to come over my house or go to their shop. ;)

Happy MTB

Hi booboo mum,

Welcome to the forum, yeah am fine with meeting up! :)

Happy MTB

Dear Mummies!

I wonder can we eat Bak Ku Teh during pregnancy? cos i know the soup have some herbs inside. These 2 days i feel really heaty, my body is feeling really warm. I used to scare of cold when my hubby blast the aircon in our room but now i can on the aircon without any blanket! But i realised i do not have much appetite compare to last few months..Does anyone have such symptons now? Am feeling bland with my taste bud, oh dear, what happen, is it too heaty?

AhJanz

Happy MTB, I feel warm too, exactly the same as u. I dun cover blanket even with the aircon on. And always feeling thristy.

btw, i had bak kut teh in JB just 1 week ago.. opps...

Happy MTB

Happy MTB, I feel warm too, exactly the same as u. I dun cover blanket even with the aircon on. And always feeling thristy.

btw, i had bak kut teh in JB just 1 week ago.. opps...
yea, am very thirsty too! gosh..Haaa, we have cravings over bak ku teh ah?? I think once in a while should be ok....

Dear booboo mum, i'm fine with the meet up...

Hi all mummies, how have you ladies been recently...

i've been so busy till i didnt log in and miss quite abit of stuffs....

i went for my detail scan and gynea mentioned that bb is ok.. but is big compare to normal average size... so shall see how it goes also

Jas77

Hi everyone! In my 24th month already! Been really busy recently with moving and work. We went for the antenatal class with Thomson Parentcraft. It's pretty good and informative. Learnt stuff about labour, pain relief, exercise. Quite interesting. How's everyone doing? Baby is really moving away! I love that feeling.. kekeke... that day she just gave daddy a huge kick...