EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

pokkiedots

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum - congrats to all of you - this will be my first baby and we will find out the sex in 2 weeks time!!

From wk 6-11 I felt terribly nauseas but vomited only 5-6 times. Couldn't eat much. No real cravings. Now I am 19 wks and have put on about 4kg - tummy very obvious but face still slim!

EDD end of Jan 2012. Seeing Professor Biswas at NUH. Is anyone else going to NUH? Not sure what others think of NUH, but I just went through the entire thread and didn't find anyone else going there. It is near our house. Please do tell me if you've heard anything bad about NUH, as I am so busy and we have not viewed other hospitals at all.

We are taking the NUH hospital tour on Wednesday and plan to do their antenatal classes (8 wks) for about $190. There is also package for $700 which will include all outpatient visits now until delivery (from 22wks). Then there is a separate package of course, for the actual delivery. So we have to decide whether to opt for Deluxe room or normal Single room and that will determine the final cost.

I had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds at 6wk and 9wk (Did you girls get that too??). The Professor gave me (on 1st visit at 6wk) some 5mg Folic Acid (very high dose - much more than the Blackmores 400mcg that I had been taking 4mths before conception). He said not to take anything else (until 2nd trimester when he gave Obimin and Calcium, and told me Fish Oil is also OK). But I felt very sick so I took 50mg Vitamin B6 as well to help with nausea.

Then I had the detailed tummy ultrasound at 12wk where they measure the nuchal translucency and take measurements etc (baby was in perfect position so it was quite quick). They also took the 5 tubes of blood that day and I was given the positive news that all was well. That visit was just under $500 incl. 2 bottles Obimin and 1 bottle Calcium.

I was lucky that I have felt very well for the 2nd trimester. I will have another detailed ultrasound in 2 weeks from now - I will be 21wks then, so I need to ask them whether it's included in the $700 package and if not, can I delay having it by 1 week?

Have not bought anything yet except the 'belly belt' LOL. Only used it once though with my jeans. Now I just prefer loose-fitting dresses. have not't bought any maternity clothes at all. Which maternity clothes shops are the most fashionable anyway? I didn't see any yet that I went 'wow'. Prefer to buy stuff that I can use even after the baby is born!

Hubby and I have spent lots of time browsing at Prams though. So expensive! Do not understand why some are $2000 (Stokke) and $1500 (Bugaboo) and then others are $600 (City Select, McLaren). I'm probably going to get something for about $600. Have not been yet to the big famous Baby outlets so that will be an adventure.

Are any of you interested in joining a Mother's Group once our babies are born? If any of you are in the West Coast area do let me know as perhaps we could set up a meeting spot once a week at say, Vivo City. Then, if it's the same day and time every week, whoever can make it should just show up and we can all eventually get to know each other. I think it's OK if in some weeks only 2-3 of us go, and then in other weeks we have more of us showing up to meet. What do you think?

Looking forward to being on this journey with you all :)
hi booboo mum, firstly congrats to you! :) how many weeks are you now?

i've got a friend who is with NUH too..she also mentioned that she dun seem to see much people going NUH for deliveries, but i assure her that it's the gynae you are seeing that's more important than the hospital. so if you're good and comfy with your gynae, dun worry too much yah :) any hospital provides the same facilities i guess!!

regarding prams, yes they are really ex, so are car seats too! i heard that there may be a baby fair at Expo in oct (anybody can confirm that?) and so i'm planning to wait till then.

i dont mind meeting up :) am a 1st time mummy and it will be interesting to share our experiences yeah?

in the meantime take care
! :D

pokkiedots

Hehe i hope so dear! mine is a boy too! hehe wow so many baby boys in this forum! huat ahhh! hehehehe!

im going to deliver in Gleneagles.

week 23 this week! :D
yay huat ah!! :D LOL. but i wouldnt wanna say it's 100% confirm boy boy for now keke. going for detailed scanning tomorrow, will update you hehe!! hope everything will turn out good!! :)

AhJanz

Harlo booboomum.. I dun mind the meet up too :)

Hi Jas77... I would love to feel the hard kick from bb too.. but recently bb a bit tone down on the movement.. Im coming 22 weeks, hope he gives me hard kick soon, lol

Happy MTB- so far i only bot mittens/booties, and you have oready gotten so many items, I must buck up now.. more shopping to come!

Hey shortbellrene - when doc said bb size is bigger than avg means your bb is growing well, absorbing all the food, tats good!

pokkiedots

Hi pokkiedots,

I went on a 7-day overseas trip in the region & took flights.
You will need to check with your gynae first and get a letter to certify that you are fit for travel. Need the EDD, number of weeks you are pregnant and safe to travel during which period.
You will also need to inform the travel agency / airline and bring the letter with you when you check in.
At the airports in Spore & my visiting country, I requested not to go through the metal detector gate but told the staff that i am pregnant and will like to have a physical check instead. Both allowed me to do that.

Do rem to take your supplements with you! I forgot to bring one type....
Take care. :D
hello excited mummy :) how many weeks were you when you travel ah? yup i will check with my gynae tomorrow if i'm fit to travel and if yes, gonna ask her for the letter hee! thanks for the info on the metal detector gate! apparently there are rays right? it will be good if i do not have to go through them too!

and thank you for the reminder on supplements :) i've been getting so forgetful nowadays! haha.

pokkiedots

Hi everyone! In my 24th month already! Been really busy recently with moving and work. We went for the antenatal class with Thomson Parentcraft. It's pretty good and informative. Learnt stuff about labour, pain relief, exercise. Quite interesting. How's everyone doing? Baby is really moving away! I love that feeling.. kekeke... that day she just gave daddy a huge kick...

hello jas77! great to hear that your baby is moving away at 24 weeks hee..i cant wait for mine!! i'm at 20 going 21 weeks now..and i can feel little kicks and punches and twists hee..totally cant wait for the real hard kick! lol. my baby gave daddy a little kick on the face that day too..super cute. i think all of us have to agree that the look on all daddys' faces when they are given the little kick / punch, is priceless :) :)

Hi everyone - thanks for the very warm welcome here :)

So far we have 6 of us interested in the meet ups - that's great!! (melcochas, Happy MTB, shortbellrene, pokkiedots, AhJanz & me!)
I will put some thought into suitable comfortable venues and if anyone has any suggestions, send me a Private Message. Maybe we can meet each other before the babies are born too.

melcochas: Great that all of your check-ups have gone well too. Which brand/type of stroller did you buy? And if you have a good recommendation on the Jamu massage person, please let me know - I've heard they can be excellent. Any excuse for a massage!

Happy MTB: I have a very warm body temp. now too - that is how I guessed I had conceived at about 5wks. Temp normally rises after ovulation and then comes back down, but in pregnancy temp can stay very warm. Normally I have freezing cold hands but they have stayed warm the whole time. Don't forget to drink LOTS of water!

melcochas

Hi everyone - thanks for the very warm welcome here :)

So far we have 6 of us interested in the meet ups - that's great!! (melcochas, Happy MTB, shortbellrene, pokkiedots, AhJanz & me!)
I will put some thought into suitable comfortable venues and if anyone has any suggestions, send me a Private Message. Maybe we can meet each other before the babies are born too.

melcochas: Great that all of your check-ups have gone well too. Which brand/type of stroller did you buy? And if you have a good recommendation on the Jamu massage person, please let me know - I've heard they can be excellent. Any excuse for a massage!

Happy MTB: I have a very warm body temp. now too - that is how I guessed I had conceived at about 5wks. Temp normally rises after ovulation and then comes back down, but in pregnancy temp can stay very warm. Normally I have freezing cold hands but they have stayed warm the whole time. Don't forget to drink LOTS of water!

I bought Quinny Senzz with Maxi Cosi Pebble Car Seat. It was on sale from 899 to abt 750 and then the car seat was 459 down to 299. That`s why i bought it. hehe if not i`ll wait till DEc then buy.. however i tell the baby shop to deliver only in Nov. hehe.

i will let u guys know! :D

PrincessAriel

I think so...but I doubt my obs Dr will do it on weekends and PHs....
Due to hospital policies.

hi baobaomama, welcome you :001_302: have you went for your detailed scan?

Happy MTB, princess.. I heard that if we opt for C-sect on an auspicious date, we will have to top up additional charges, am i right?

pokkiedots

hello mummies! :) i went for my detailed scan yesterday and am confirm carrying a baby boy
boyboy was so active throughout the whole scan hee..such a joy. everything is good, except that doctor says the abdominal circumference is slightly high (still within range) and baby has a chubby tummy lol. and she told me to cut down on fried food and fast food (gulps i've been craving for those!), lesser starchy food (i've been eating lots of potato haha) and have more diary and soy products (like milk and nuts which i dont like). so now i have to force myself to eat more healthily. if not baby will have more fats than muscles when born which is not too good

feeling guilty towards baby but on the other hand i dont know how to force myself to eat food i dont like too! sobs. any mummies here facing a similar situation?

I was about 21+ week pregnant when I travelled.
The metal detector gate has some type of waves, so hubby told me to avoid them.
Yes, I'm getting forgetful nowadays too!
Have a good trip if you decide to travel. :D

hello excited mummy :) how many weeks were you when you travel ah? yup i will check with my gynae tomorrow if i'm fit to travel and if yes, gonna ask her for the letter hee! thanks for the info on the metal detector gate! apparently there are rays right? it will be good if i do not have to go through them too!

and thank you for the reminder on supplements :) i've been getting so forgetful nowadays! haha.

Congrats on confirming the gender of your baby, pokkiedots!
I know what u mean. I have cravings for fast food, potato chips, ice-cream etc.
Once in a while, i will eat then feel guilty for not choosing healthier food.
I like milk and nuts though. Have to force myself to eat more veg... like broccoli which I do not like! i know it's good for my baby boy.
Had roasted chicken rice and oyster sauce veg for lunch. Wonder if it's too oily. Cos gave me bad tummyache and had diarrhoea.
Just had mee siam as pre-dinner. Not hungry, just greedy! :(

hello mummies! :) i went for my detailed scan yesterday and am confirm carrying a baby boy
boyboy was so active throughout the whole scan hee..such a joy. everything is good, except that doctor says the abdominal circumference is slightly high (still within range) and baby has a chubby tummy lol. and she told me to cut down on fried food and fast food (gulps i've been craving for those!), lesser starchy food (i've been eating lots of potato haha) and have more diary and soy products (like milk and nuts which i dont like). so now i have to force myself to eat more healthily. if not baby will have more fats than muscles when born which is not too good

feeling guilty towards baby but on the other hand i dont know how to force myself to eat food i dont like too! sobs. any mummies here facing a similar situation?

melcochas

Wheeee!!! That`s great to know!! Yay another baby boy !!
Actually when i went for my detailed scan, the radiologist only say baby is alright but never explain further. maybe its because they will send the results to my clinic and then my gynae will explain from there?

i am so excited! hehehe!

Happy MTB

Congrats on confirming the gender of your baby, pokkiedots!
I know what u mean. I have cravings for fast food, potato chips, ice-cream etc.
Once in a while, i will eat then feel guilty for not choosing healthier food.
I like milk and nuts though. Have to force myself to eat more veg... like broccoli which I do not like! i know it's good for my baby boy.
Had roasted chicken rice and oyster sauce veg for lunch. Wonder if it's too oily. Cos gave me bad tummyache and had diarrhoea.
Just had mee siam as pre-dinner. Not hungry, just greedy! :(
Dear Mummies,

I love milk, n is good if you can drink. Too bad, once i drink milk, will cause me gastric. So i have to avoid..if not i really love milk!!! So if can drink, go ahead. I will have soya bean milk whenever i can. :D
To me, i feel i have not been eating healthy too. last night i just had maggie goreng. Gosh .haaaa..

AhJanz

Congrats pokkiedots! U can start shopping!!!

I dont like milk and have not been eating healthy food too... I just had mac yday and occasionally will have soft drinks during wkend. But i slowly starts to take in fish and vege.

I have stop taking weight after my detailed scan, wonder how much gain for now, hehe..

pokkiedots

excited mummy: thank you! :) yup we have decided to travel afterall hehe. ahh i think on and off we got to give in to our cravings haha..if not we already so xinku and still cannot eat what we want! so miserable! lol. so dont worry about the mee siam hee!

melcochas: i went to meet my gynae immediately after the detailed scan..which was why i know these in details :) dont worry, if the radiologist says everything's okay means IT IS OKAY YAY!! :Dancing_wub: haha just that your gynae will explain more in depth and if you have any questions you can ask her :) look forward to that! hee.

happy MTB: omg nasi goreng. i feel like eating that NOW. :x HAHA!

janz: thank you!! :D haha have you ladies ever wonder why all our cravings are so unhealthy lol!! so far i havent hear of any healthy cravings before! haha. but i suppose eating in moderation will be fine yah :)

talking about weight gain, i havent been gaining much! lose 2 kgs in my 1st tri, then gained the 2kg back with another 1.5kgs till now..so i only gained 3.5kgs. baby is weighing fine though :) so shouldnt be too big of a concern right?

melcochas

excited mummy: thank you! :) yup we have decided to travel afterall hehe. ahh i think on and off we got to give in to our cravings haha..if not we already so xinku and still cannot eat what we want! so miserable! lol. so dont worry about the mee siam hee!

melcochas: i went to meet my gynae immediately after the detailed scan..which was why i know these in details :) dont worry, if the radiologist says everything's okay means IT IS OKAY YAY!! :Dancing_wub: haha just that your gynae will explain more in depth and if you have any questions you can ask her :) look forward to that! hee.

happy MTB: omg nasi goreng. i feel like eating that NOW. :x HAHA!

janz: thank you!! :D haha have you ladies ever wonder why all our cravings are so unhealthy lol!! so far i havent hear of any healthy cravings before! haha. but i suppose eating in moderation will be fine yah :)

talking about weight gain, i havent been gaining much! lose 2 kgs in my 1st tri, then gained the 2kg back with another 1.5kgs till now..so i only gained 3.5kgs. baby is weighing fine though :) so shouldnt be too big of a concern right?
no prob with the weight gain hun, as long as baby is within the weight range :D

i lost 5kg first four mths, just gained them 5kg back recently. baby growing ok too :D

yup will see him next sat, will deftly GRILL him with many ques! heheheheh!

AhJanz

mel & pokiedots - so envy that u gals not gaining much.. Since i have no MS, i gained a steady 4.5kg as at 21 weeks. Now i dun even dare to look at the weighing machine.. Lets hope it dont keep increasing.. hehehee..

Oh my.. Im so craving for char kway tiao and red bean soup :(

pokkiedots

melcochas: oh whao you lose 5kgs! was your MS very bad? at least now it's better and you gained back! :)

haha write down your questions! i always tell my hubby i wanna ask this ask that, then when finally meet the gynae after a month, i am totally lost for questions after seeing baby on the screen haha. guess nothing matters more than seeing baby moving around in the screen :)

ah janz: then go and eat! haha. i know green bean soup is cooling though..not sure about red bean soup. maybe dun drink too much? 4.5kg for 21 weeks is the perfect weight gain leh :) so be happy about it hee! and sorry to burst your bubble but i think it will definitely keep increasing. :D LOL.

i just had mac filet meal for lunch omg sinful. so snacks later shall be corn and milk!! reduce my sins abit. hahaha.

Happy MTB

mel & pokiedots - so envy that u gals not gaining much.. Since i have no MS, i gained a steady 4.5kg as at 21 weeks. Now i dun even dare to look at the weighing machine.. Lets hope it dont keep increasing.. hehehee..

Oh my.. Im so craving for char kway tiao and red bean soup :(
Hi Ahjanz, no Worries i gained about 5.5 kg!!! haaaa. Red bean soup is good for both mummy and baby, so go ahead with that! :)

MEl: am going next sat for my appt too! in the morning! heee..