Insomia instead of feeling sleepy?

Rukia

I am just wondering if anyone has encountered this before?

I have just tested positive..should be about 4-5 weeks now. But I dont feel the least bit tired and sleepy.

I cant sleep until about 11pm-12am, and I will often be awake by 7.30am-8.30am. I wont feel the least tired during the day. I read online, many are feeling tired and sleepy at this stage.

Other than the sore breasts for 2 days and one and only time nausea reaction to the foodcourt oily smell, no other symptoms.

Anyone has the same experience as me? I am thinking if I should get some medication from gynae to stablize the pregnancy. But if I go and see the gynae now, I think its still too early and just a plain waste of money for the scan.

feathers

I have that!!! My gynae told me that insomnia is one of the pregnancy symptom too. Mine happened around week 8. On some days I sleep 19 hours and its still not enough and suddenly I can't sleep!!! Even after I finally fall asleep, I will wake up after 3hrs max. I don't feel tired after that too, was very energetic. The down side was the boredom of so many days of such long nights being awake with nothing to do.

Don't worry about it, it's perfectly normal. ;)

Rukia

I have that!!! My gynae told me that insomnia is one of the pregnancy symptom too. Mine happened around week 8. On some days I sleep 19 hours and its still not enough and suddenly I can't sleep!!! Even after I finally fall asleep, I will wake up after 3hrs max. I don't feel tired after that too, was very energetic. The down side was the boredom of so many days of such long nights being awake with nothing to do.

Don't worry about it, it's perfectly normal. ;)
Hi Feathers,

I didnt know that insomia is a pregnancy symtom too. That is a relieved! I thought there was something wrong with me, as I read online about tiredness but I felt so energetic.

Did you gynae mention how long will this "insomia" usually last? It can be so frustrating tossing and turning and not being able to sleep.

feathers

Mine lasted about a week, slightly less. But every pregnancy is different so we wouldn't know for sure. I wasn't taking any coffee or tea but if you are, maybe stop for a while. I was taking essence of chicken daily as I was previously tired so I stop taking after insomnia hits.

You can try to ask your gynae for meds if it gets really serious but as long as you don't feel tired and can have some sleep everyday you should be fine. On the bright side, being energetic is better than having fatigue!! Enjoy the extra energy while it last, hee!

feathers

And its very normal to not have much symptoms too, I only feel some bloatedness and lack of appetite that's why I didn't suspect and get tested till I'm 8 weeks preg. As long as you are not spotting, no need to worry and can wait till week 6 to visit gynae. ;)

Rukia

And its very normal to not have much symptoms too, I only feel some bloatedness and lack of appetite that's why I didn't suspect and get tested till I'm 8 weeks preg. As long as you are not spotting, no need to worry and can wait till week 6 to visit gynae. ;)
Thanks feathers :)
I just made an appt to see my gynae next week. Did you take any hormone pills (given by your gynae) to stabilize your pregnancy?

feathers

Nope, I didn't take any hormone pills. I didn't have spotting or cramps, no reason to take bah. Only took prenatal multivitamin with folic acid in it. ;)

Have a good time at your gynae next week!! First visits are so exciting!

Yuhua

hello mummies, when i was pregnant with my first boy 4 years back, i suffered from a very bad insomnia. It affected my work and my moos because i was so tired in the day. Till i went for prenatal yoga. It was really unexpected that yoga actually helps in insomnia. I slept like a baby except with occasional toilet trips in the night. I have never slept that well even before getting pregnant. You guys may wanna give it a try. Not only it helps in insomnia, prenatal yoga has tons of benefits as well. I can share a site here and that belong to my instructor - an amazing person & a fantastic teacher with good knowledge on what she does. And up till now, i am still having my regular classes with her & the school.

Rukia

Thanks Yuhua. By the way, have you tried aqua aerobics as well? My friend was recommending it to me, but I am not sure if its safe for me to start.

Yuhua

Yes I did aqua aerobics then with KK. I was tired after each session & it did not help me feel relax at all. It did not work for me. But go ahead & try cos everyone is built in a different way. You may benefit from it afterall. Keep me posted ok!

Rukia

Yes I did aqua aerobics then with KK. I was tired after each session & it did not help me feel relax at all. It did not work for me. But go ahead & try cos everyone is built in a different way. You may benefit from it afterall. Keep me posted ok!
Yeah will do :)