duphaston

i think the vomitting is more due to the rising HCG levels produced by your growing baby, not because of duphaston. I've been on it for a week now (currently on week 6), and learning how to cope with the pukey feelings. I find that taking more dry foods like crackers / biscuits does help. one more funny thing. i used to enjoy sinful food like the fried pork fat bits you find in bak chor mee, but now the very thought of any oily or fatty foods just makes me instantly feel like puking. :p take good care! :)

Dilys

i think the vomitting is more due to the rising HCG levels produced by your growing baby, not because of duphaston. I've been on it for a week now (currently on week 6), and learning how to cope with the pukey feelings. I find that taking more dry foods like crackers / biscuits does help. one more funny thing. i used to enjoy sinful food like the fried pork fat bits you find in bak chor mee, but now the very thought of any oily or fatty foods just makes me instantly feel like puking. :p take good care! :)
Hi .. It's normal to have a change of eating style. During my 1st trimester, I totally don't enjoy whatever food I used to loved. I am eating the food that my hubby loved. :) 2nd trimester u will be fine :) take care

JJ2011

Hi .. It's normal to have a change of eating style. During my 1st trimester, I totally don't enjoy whatever food I used to loved. I am eating the food that my hubby loved. :) 2nd trimester u will be fine :) take care
Hi.dilys
Can checked wif u about ""urticaria"/"Feng Mo"?

KirstenQ

Hi All, I am new here and would appreciate some advice!

I am also on duphaston, as well as progynova and progesterone suppositories. All supposed to help support my pregnancy. Mine was an IVF case (Male factor) and thankfully, it was successful after the first try. my first hcg blood test reading was 830, and 2nd was 1700! Thank God.

I am about 5 weeks pregnant. My first ultrasound is only in 2 weeks time. I'm so nervous about it - and excited too!

I have a question about symptoms....how soon do they kick in? I have no signs of Morning Sickness at all. The only things I notice is - sore nipples (only when touched), light cramps, sometimes i get cramps when I pass gas/motion too, fatigue which hits me only in the afternoon and early evenings. Other times, I just feel very normal.

I've read that others immediately have painful breasts (which I don't) and severe morning sickness. I guess it is different with all pregnancies!

Dilys

Hi All, I am new here and would appreciate some advice!

I am also on duphaston, as well as progynova and progesterone suppositories. All supposed to help support my pregnancy. Mine was an IVF case (Male factor) and thankfully, it was successful after the first try. my first hcg blood test reading was 830, and 2nd was 1700! Thank God.

I am about 5 weeks pregnant. My first ultrasound is only in 2 weeks time. I'm so nervous about it - and excited too!

I have a question about symptoms....how soon do they kick in? I have no signs of Morning Sickness at all. The only things I notice is - sore nipples (only when touched), light cramps, sometimes i get cramps when I pass gas/motion too, fatigue which hits me only in the afternoon and early evenings. Other times, I just feel very normal.

I've read that others immediately have painful breasts (which I don't) and severe morning sickness. I guess it is different with all pregnancies!
Hi KristenQ,

Congrats. Well.. not to worry too much. Every pregnancy is different. During my 1st trimester, I don't have much MS. Only having car sickness, feeling nausea when smell funny smell, oily, fishy & even perfume is a no no for me.I had a complete change it my food choice during my 6wk. Whatever I like I become dislike. haha.. I m eating what my hubby loved. :) During 1st trimester, I don;t even had much appeittee, small more meals. Survive tru with dry biscuits, Milo & Bee Hoon.

I am quite lucky ... exactly to my 12wk, 2nd trimester.. I got better appeittee.. got back my normal self... I can eat almost anything.

As a 1st time mum, is better for you to read or hear from others but not reading and hearing too much. Do whatever suits your body :) Like what my hubby heard from his friends that .. drink Fresh milk better that Milo. Drink Milo will cause .. baby come out very dark. (*hahaha...) .. of cos I don't believe... but ... the tot of drinking too much Milo during my whole 1st trimester...maybe I should try to switch to drink fresh milk... as too much milo will be too heaty.

Haha... anyway try to pleased my hubby la.. (since he make the effort to stock fresh milk for me) haha.. but you can't imagine.. after drink 1 glass ... the next day I got very bad tummy cramps... diaherra & vomiting. I went o my gynae immediately... got to know that I got Lactose Intolerance. This doesn't mean that cannot drink fresh milk in pregnancy. You have to choose your milk properly.. those in low lactose. I was drinking Meiji milk that time.

If you need to drink Fresh milk .. best to choose those in low lactose.. HL milk. I have only slightly cramps on my breast recently during my 17wk.

You should rest more & don't walk too much... during 1st trimester I have no cramps at all.

Hihi.. Sorry to Hear that.. But what's mid trimester ?? How many mths?? U got to take Care..

Hi Dilys,

Its ok, i'm already over that... Mid trimester is 20 weeks.. Now I have a pretty princess that is 7 yrs old and expecting my 2nd bb..

u take care too..

Cheers

Dilys

Hi Dilys,

Its ok, i'm already over that... Mid trimester is 20 weeks.. Now I have a pretty princess that is 7 yrs old and expecting my 2nd bb..

u take care too..

Cheers
Hi 2ndtimemum,

Congrats to you on your 2nd baby .Oh no.. M/C in 20 wks... How can it be.. care to share with me? I am a 1st time mum.. in my 17wk+ .... sometimes.. very worried.. wonder what's my baby doing inside my tummy...

Hi 2ndtimemum,

Congrats to you on your 2nd baby .Oh no.. M/C in 20 wks... How can it be.. care to share with me? I am a 1st time mum.. in my 17wk+ .... sometimes.. very worried.. wonder what's my baby doing inside my tummy...
Hi Dilys,

I have an incomptence cervix and that could be the cause of the MC at 20 weeks.
My 1st gynea from KKH did not even bother or do any follow up after I had lost my first BB. I went back to him when I was preggie again thinking that he has my records and would like to prevent it from happening, but still, I lost my second one.
My friend recommended Dr Fong CW from Gleneagles to me and he is the doctor that discover I have incomptence cervix and recommended that I have to stitch the cervix at week 12 to secure the pregnancy. That was how I manage to carry my little Princess (7 years ago). Now with my 2nd baby, I did the same.
Worry should be the last thing on your mind cos your baby will be able to sense it... You have to keep a happy mindset to have a happy baby.

Cheers and take care.. :)

Dilys

Hi Dilys,

My 1st gynea from KKH did not even bother or do any follow up after I had lost my first BB. I went back to him when I was preggie again thinking that he has my records and would like to prevent it from happening, but still, I lost my second one.
My friend recommended Dr Fong CW from Gleneagles to me and he is the doctor that discover I have incomptence cervix and recommended that I have to stitch the cervix at week 12 to secure the pregnancy. That was how I manage to carry my little Princess (7 years ago). Now with my 2nd baby, I did the same.
Worry should be the last thing on your mind cos your baby will be able to sense it... You have to keep a happy mindset to have a happy baby.

Hi 2ndtimemum,

Thanks for the reply :) yes I agree I m always having positive mindset.. But sometimes.. Can't be help at times worried will strike us once awhile haha.. Maybe this is mum"s nature. :) take good Care okie ..

Hi 2ndtimemum,

Thanks for the reply :) yes I agree I m always having positive mindset.. But sometimes.. Can't be help at times worried will strike us once awhile haha.. Maybe this is mum"s nature. :) take good Care okie ..
Hi Dilys,

Take good care too..

Cheers

dwarfs8

Hi Dilys,

hi there, how do they check for incompetence cervix? i'm wondering ur first gyne didn't do test on you, probably because it was your first mc? How far were you when you had ur first mc?

hi there, how do they check for incompetence cervix? i'm wondering ur first gyne didn't do test on you, probably because it was your first mc? How far were you when you had ur first mc?
Hi Dwarfs8,

The doc has an equipment to check and determine it is incompetence.
As for why the first gyne didnt test, that has been an ans that has puzzled me for years, anyway no point going back n ask why. It is already over.

As I had mentioned before both mc were at 20 weeks.

dwarfs8

Hi Dwarfs8,

The doc has an equipment to check and determine it is incompetence.
As for why the first gyne didnt test, that has been an ans that has puzzled me for years, anyway no point going back n ask why. It is already over.

As I had mentioned before both mc were at 20 weeks.
ic... thanks for replying.. ya, it's alr over.

Dilys

Hi dwarfs8,

I ever read on a magazine about this: Incompetence cervix usually occured during 2nd trimester or early 3rd trimester..cervix is shorten & weaken that cause m/c.

When you're not pregnant, the cervical canal remains open a tiny bit to allow sperm to enter the uterus and menstrual blood to flow out. Once you become pregnant, secretions fill the canal and form a protective barrier called the mucus plug.
During a normal pregnancy, the cervix remains firm, long, and closed until late in the third trimester. At that point it usually starts to soften, efface (grow shorter), and dilate (open up) as your body prepares for labor.

Who's risk for Incompetence cervix..

Your cervix was injured during a previous birth or dilation and curettage (D&C), or you've had several pregnancies terminated.
You have an unusually short cervix.
You've experienced cervical insufficiency in a previous pregnancy.

dwarfs8

Hi dwarfs8,

I ever read on a magazine about this: Incompetence cervix usually occured during 2nd trimester or early 3rd trimester..cervix is shorten & weaken that cause m/c.

When you're not pregnant, the cervical canal remains open a tiny bit to allow sperm to enter the uterus and menstrual blood to flow out. Once you become pregnant, secretions fill the canal and form a protective barrier called the mucus plug.
During a normal pregnancy, the cervix remains firm, long, and closed until late in the third trimester. At that point it usually starts to soften, efface (grow shorter), and dilate (open up) as your body prepares for labor.

Who's risk for Incompetence cervix..

Your cervix was injured during a previous birth or dilation and curettage (D&C), or you've had several pregnancies terminated.
You have an unusually short cervix.
You've experienced cervical insufficiency in a previous pregnancy.
thanks for the info gal!