EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Meilynn

Pain persist till 1030pm worried, decided to go CGH A&E then realize no gynae there, went dont't to KK. Reached at 1130pm

Now 3am finally back from kk. Gynae checked no infection, no signs of miscarriage, no opening pelvis, etc all good. Tried scan for baby heart beat, At first cant hear heartbeat so worried , only relieve when found heartbeat ;) so everything ok doc suspect is ligament tear cuz uterus expanding but unsure. She then gave me a stronger pain killer( ive taken one at home but no help) Let me zzz 30min but still same pain. At first she wanted me admit for observation, I told her if she thinks it's not serious I hope to go back. so she gave me medi, hope tml b better. sigh though still pain now but know baby ok most impt ;)
Dear Gemini11

Glad to know both mummy n BB ok. Hope ur pain will soon cease. Know how anxious u muz hv felt until u hear the BB's heartbeat. Everytime I went for gynae follow up, I breathe better after hearing my BB's heartbeat. Guess all mums or MTB feel the same.

If your pain still persist, may be better to call ur gynae n seek relevant advice. If required, do admit into the hospital. At least u hv the medical expertise close by. Will feel more assured. Tk good care ya.

Sweetoothz

oh my! i've always tolerated my "menses pain/cramps" it usually goes on and off for the whole day but i tell myself that if its not severe nor i'm bleeding then i should b fine. didnt know that the "pain" can lead to a serious complication! :07:
guess i better start monitoring when the pain comes..

Gemini 11, pls do take care n have plenty of rest ya. xxx

Dilys, ur still awake at 3am? wow!! i cannot even go pass 11pm. hahahaha

Meilynn

Ladies

Anyone know where can we buy a good pair, comfy n decent looking working shoes? Bought a Few pairs of flats for working but ended up wif backache. So been wearing heels of abt 1.5 inch but getting more uncomfortable as my pregnancy progress.

Dilys

oh my! i've always tolerated my "menses pain/cramps" it usually goes on and off for the whole day but i tell myself that if its not severe nor i'm bleeding then i should b fine. didnt know that the "pain" can lead to a serious complication! :07:

Gemini 11, pls do take care n have plenty of rest ya. xxx

Hi sweetoothz,

Haha .. How can I be so powerful.. 3am i wake up for wee wee.. Haha.. Can't get back to sleep.
Ya.. Sometimes "cramps" can leads to such complications! The both incidents my friends encountered there is no bleeding.. Only pain cause baby is struggling for his life inside.. The movement is so intense that cause the cramp.

It's always safe to take the trouble to check.. How I wish our tummy is transparent during pregnancy.. At Least we can monitoring the condition inside. Hahaha ...

Pregnancy is always full of challenges, A moment of fear.. Next moment of happiness! Jia you mummies.. Everyone will be alright !

Sweetoothz

Hi sweetoothz,

Haha .. How can I be so powerful.. 3am i wake up for wee wee.. Haha.. Can't get back to sleep.
Ya.. Sometimes "cramps" can leads to such complications! The both incidents my friends encountered there is no bleeding.. Only pain cause baby is struggling for his life inside.. The movement is so intense that cause the cramp.

It's always safe to take the trouble to check.. How I wish our tummy is transparent during pregnancy.. At Least we can monitoring the condition inside. Hahaha ...

Pregnancy is always full of challenges, A moment of fear.. Next moment of happiness! Jia you mummies.. Everyone will be alright !
hehehhe luckily nowadays i dont wake up anymore for a wee wee.. hehehhe

then like that how do i tell which cramping is cause by the uterus expanding and which is the one i need to take note of?? any pointers? *semi-panic mode*

nah i dont wanna it to be transparent cz it'll be kinda disgusting to see it form. (i think i watch too much videos on how babies are formed plus im a person who easily gets disgusted hehhe). i wish like we can feel more just in case if the cord is wrapped around our bb's neck. then liddat i can feel the pulling n tugging or struggling hehhe..

i have to second ur statement. one day i'll be feeling worried, then the next ok n at times keep thinking of birthing methods n like today i'm uber so excited to see n have my bb in my arms already! hehehe.. all in all must b positive!! jia you babes!! xxx

arielc

Take care, Gemini11!!!

Pain persist till 1030pm worried, decided to go CGH A&E then realize no gynae there, went don't to KK. Reached at 1130pm

Now 3am finally back from kk. Gynae checked no infection, no signs of miscarriage, no opening pelvis, etc all good. Tried scan for bb heart beat, At first cant hear heartbeat so worried , only relieve when found heartbeat ;) so everything ok doc suspect is ligament tear cuz uterus expanding but unsure. She then gave me a stronger pain killer( ive taken one at home but no help) Let me zzz 30min but still same pain. At first she wanted me admit for observation, I told her if she thinks it's not serious I hope to go back. so she gave me medi, hope tml b better. Haiz though still pain now but Noe Bb ok most impt ;)

Dilys

L
hehehhe luckily nowadays i dont wake up anymore for a wee wee.. hehehhe

then like that how do i tell which cramping is cause by the uterus expanding and which is the one i need to take note of?? any pointers? *semi-panic mode*

nah i dont wanna it to be transparent cz it'll be kinda disgusting to see it form. (i think i watch too much videos on how babies are formed plus im a person who easily gets disgusted hehhe). i wish like we can feel more just in case if the cord is wrapped around our bb's neck. then liddat i can feel the pulling n tugging or struggling hehhe..

i have to second ur statement. one day i'll be feeling worried, then the next ok n at times keep thinking of birthing methods n like today i'm uber so excited to see n have my bb in my arms already! hehehe.. all in all must b positive!! jia you babes!! xxx
Hi sweetoothz,

No choice I am a water drinker. I drink at least 2 -3 litres of water everyday. I want to make sure I am well hydrate.. Baby drinking get sufficient water & pee more. If baby doesn't drink sufficient I will effect his kidneys (kidneys will be bigger) if he doesn't urine..that much, leads to decreasing of amniotic fluid.

Usually uterus expanding cramp doesn't last very long. Cos" your uterus wont expand suddenly..& quickly. The level of pains differently for mummies, no matter what used your own instinct. I always believe that you can feel the baby"s danger if he/she is encountering inside.

Hmmm... Touch wood... I never ever want to feel baby"s struggle..pulling & tugging. By then he/she already in danger.

Haha I never watch baby formed (just once), birthing method I never think so much also. By watching too much you will have more fear.
Most of my friends who watch alot of such videos (thinks that all these helps in delivery) but sad to say no. Once u enter delivery room, you are in pain already.. By watching all these too much.. Bad images will reflect on your mind that makes you fear.

All pregnancy are different... So again used you own instinct to push your baby! How many wk are you now ??

Jia you !

Gemini11

Thanks all for the concern, ESP dilys, meilynn, arielc and sweetoothz...

Feeling a little better today, though still pain, shall monitor like wat dilys says, hopefully it will go away soon if not then need to check again ;( totally no appetite to eat things also. Will pain when eat or drink or walk ;(

Last edited:

Gemini11

Gemini 11, pls do take care n have plenty of rest ya. xx

Gal, I got more worried after reading this online ytd
"Take abdominal pain seriously, esp if it goes beyond your normal comfort level. If the pain is accompanied by any other symptoms, or if it doesn't go away when you lie down or rest, call your practitioner immediately. Severe pain is often your body's way of telling you that something is wrong, so don't ignore it"

And I guess it's better I got it check at least now not so worried knowing bb is fine

Dilys

Feeling a little better today, though still pain, shall monitor like wat dilys says, hopefully it will go away soon if not then need to check again ;( totally no appetite to eat things also. Will pain when eat or drink or walk ;(
Hi gemini11,

Start to practice proper breathing method.. Maybe you are too tense. Just relax do something like listening to music, watch online movies you won't keep thinking that it's painful. Keep monitoring .. If still not good .. go again to see a gynae.

Positive mind very important ! Don't think too much. Everything will be fine. Can you feel your baby movements already?? If yes.. Try to massage your tummy... Talk to baby ask baby don't stretch..

RedDevil

Went for check up today and receive my blood test report. Lucky is low risk and gynae say no need to do amino test. Wanted to know the gender of my baby but my baby cover with leg, don't let me see. I scolded baby naughty and my gynae laugh at me hehe. My gynae also surprised why I still lose weight instead of gaining weight. But then my baby is growing well so I guess my baby took all my nutrients.

icebaby21

Hi RedDevil,

Me too.. still losing weight instead of gaining weight and baby also dont wanna let me know the gender. Hahaha... But as long as my gynae say my baby still active, I am fine. :001_302:

RedDevil

Hi RedDevil,

Me too.. still losing weight instead of gaining weight and baby also dont wanna let me know the gender. Hahaha... But as long as my gynae say my baby still active, I am fine. :001_302:
Ya, the first thing my gynae saw my weight, he say eh why drop? Come come lie down and check your baby. Lol!!

arielc

hey Gemini11, hope you're feeling better :)
just to update, i went for the pre-natal yoga class yesterday and really enjoyed it... physically, i like the stretching yoga moves.. the instructor also provides pre-natal care tips... they have another outlet in Simei, which may be closer to you.

I'm staying in the east, won't wan to travel there unless they have classes nearby. Haha ya do update on the class. I may call n ask if they have a class nearby ;)

Sweetoothz

L

Hi sweetoothz,

No choice I am a water drinker. I drink at least 2 -3 litres of water everyday. I want to make sure I am well hydrate.. Baby drinking get sufficient water & pee more. If baby doesn't drink sufficient I will effect his kidneys (kidneys will be bigger) if he doesn't urine..that much, leads to decreasing of amniotic fluid.

Usually uterus expanding cramp doesn't last very long. Cos" your uterus wont expand suddenly..& quickly. The level of pains differently for mummies, no matter what used your own instinct. I always believe that you can feel the baby"s danger if he/she is encountering inside.

Hmmm... Touch wood... I never ever want to feel baby"s struggle..pulling & tugging. By then he/she already in danger.

Haha I never watch baby formed (just once), birthing method I never think so much also. By watching too much you will have more fear.
Most of my friends who watch alot of such videos (thinks that all these helps in delivery) but sad to say no. Once u enter delivery room, you are in pain already.. By watching all these too much.. Bad images will reflect on your mind that makes you fear.

All pregnancy are different... So again used you own instinct to push your baby! How many wk are you now ??

Jia you !
it's good that ur drinking. i am not. i only drink when i feel thirsty. i not much of a drinker when pre-preggers too. now must drink more liao.. hehhe

guess i will pay the doc a visit when the cramping gets worse than the usual cramping i've experiencing.

to me, the more i see them, the more i will kinda get prepared for the pain n stuffs. i'm kinda detailed person so i need to know what is gg to happen on the day itself and how is it gg to be. i'll go bonkers if i dont get down to the small2 details even.. ehhehe

i turn 18 weeks tmr n can't wait to see the lil one after xmas for my detailed scan.. =))

oh i've been experiencing some how like a muscle stretch right below my right ribcage n it goes down for about say 5cm? i hope it's just a muscle pull cz i got them like 2 tyms already on 2 diff days. and where would u say the bb is now position in our belly? any idea? just wondering where the head is now.. hehehe

Sweetoothz

oh no that sounds painful! pls go to the dr's if the pain persist. its better to stay under observation if instructed by the dr ok?
take care now. n rest well... =))

Sweetoothz

just to update, i went for the pre-natal yoga class yesterday and really enjoyed it... physically, i like the stretching yoga moves.. the instructor also provides pre-natal care tips... they have another outlet in Simei, which may be closer to you.
hey babe, what is the name of the place? n its at eastpoint isit?

Dilys

it's good that ur drinking. i am not. i only drink when i feel thirsty. i not much of a drinker when pre-preggers too. now must drink more liao.. hehhe

guess i will pay the doc a visit when the cramping gets worse than the usual cramping i've experiencing.

to me, the more i see them, the more i will kinda get prepared for the pain n stuffs. i'm kinda detailed person so i need to know what is gg to happen on the day itself and how is it gg to be. i'll go bonkers if i dont get down to the small2 details even.. ehhehe

i turn 18 weeks tmr n can't wait to see the lil one after xmas for my detailed scan.. =))

oh i've been experiencing some how like a muscle stretch right below my right ribcage n it goes down for about say 5cm? i hope it's just a muscle pull cz i got them like 2 tyms already on 2 diff days. and where would u say the bb is now position in our belly? any idea? just wondering where the head is now.. hehehe
Hi sweetoothz,

You can feel your baby on which side if you lie on the side u r most uncomfortable. Now at my 20wk plus.. My son usually will be sleeping on the right.. Sometimes on the left.. I can see the one of the leg stretching out sometimes that shows a out of shape belly of mine. Haha.. So obvious.. That my sister ask me what I hide under my shirt.. Something out of place popping out.. :)

I have friends who are like you... Very detailed.. Very prepared for delivery.. But once they enter the delivery room their mind went blank .. Even forgotten how to push the baby out End up went for c-section after a 29 hours of labour.

Last edited:
Hi. just curious to find out have any mummies done any shopping for your little one? and what are the items that you all have bought?
Is it too early to buy it now? I just turn 17 wks..

Thanks

Gemini11

Gal, thanks for the update! N yes I'm feeling much better today, no more pain.
Anyway I've called them up regarding the simei classes before u updated. Yes they have a class starting ard mid jan.
I should b attending ( if everything goes well ) cuz its only walk able distance from my place.

Sweetoothz if u r keen we can go tog ;) it's not at east point but at YMCA simei. U can try google the location ;)

http://www.inspiremumbaby.com/inspiremumdetails.asp?no=1

Last edited: