EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

chjean

Hi Chjean - My baby was estimated a little heavier than your's also at 32 weeks, but doc did not recommend C section. Why did your doc order C section? Is it more because of the diabetes, or why?
Hi booboo mum, i guess it could be because I had an operation in March this year to remove a fibroid from the womb. Doc said the scar that he removed the fibroid from is thin and may not be able to withstand the pressure of a big baby if i wait for full term. that's why the Csec was recommended.

venusmama

Just ignore all the bad comments...

We will soon b seeing our little ones already... I might go into early labour.. Hmmm experiencing some contractions.. Any mummies has it as well?
i had 2 early contractions. the first one was during my 7 mths... panic panic cos i had not prepare anything. was admitted to kkh for 2 days then i wanted to go home... it was ok after that... funny....at least i knew how the contractions feels like... now counting weeks.. 37 weeks already. so excited

Having loose stools these few days. a contrast from the constipation.
go to toilet 2 or 3 times a day and feel bloatedness in stomach.
very uncomfortable. is this normal at wk 35/36?

Hi booboo mum, i guess it could be because I had an operation in March this year to remove a fibroid from the womb. Doc said the scar that he removed the fibroid from is thin and may not be able to withstand the pressure of a big baby if i wait for full term. that's why the Csec was recommended.
Hi Chjean, which hospital do you visit? My friend has this problem too (recovering from surgery) and is planning to get pregnant soon. She doesn't want a c section though as that will be an extra scar, and cause further weakness to her uterus for subsequent pregnancies. Can you ask your doctor to estimate the weight of your baby again, closer to the EDD? Maybe it won't be so big after all....?

Have any of you been taking Raspberry Leaf tablets by Blackmores for the muscles in the uterus? And what about the placenta - are any of you planning to take it home and cook it for eating? I heard of a company that will collect the placenta and turn it into capsules for you to consume - apparently the placenta (consuming it) will help prevent postnatal depression, and help with returning the uterus to normal size, etc.

KTsMummy

Hi Jan mummies,

Also expecting little girl this coming Jan (edd 25/1) at Mt. A,
but not very online savvy, chanced upon this forum only recently...
Ive been reading previous posts n wishing I knew about this group earlier, so much useful info I missed out on, sigh!
Anyway, am now 34 weeks, baby 2.2 kg, looking fwd to interact with you all in the days ahead, though maybe most will be delivering soon n too bz to post, but jiayou everyone, we'll be meeting our little ones sooo soon!

Hi Chjean, which hospital do you visit? My friend has this problem too (recovering from surgery) and is planning to get pregnant soon. She doesn't want a c section though as that will be an extra scar, and cause further weakness to her uterus for subsequent pregnancies. Can you ask your doctor to estimate the weight of your baby again, closer to the EDD? Maybe it won't be so big after all....?

Have any of you been taking Raspberry Leaf tablets by Blackmores for the muscles in the uterus? And what about the placenta - are any of you planning to take it home and cook it for eating? I heard of a company that will collect the placenta and turn it into capsules for you to consume - apparently the placenta (consuming it) will help prevent postnatal depression, and help with returning the uterus to normal size, etc.
Consuming the placenta? Personally, I dont dare to do that.

Mrs Wong said during one of her pre-natal classes that the placenta provides nutrients to the foetus and takes away the waste. should not consume it. No medical proof that it is good for the new mothers.

I think from watching animal planet, some mammals do eat the placenta after delivering their young. But mostly bcos these animals need to get the nutrients they require after the giving birth to their young. But for humans, we get good nutrition from food which is easily available.

Last edited:
Hi Jan mummies,

Ive been reading previous posts n wishing I knew about this group earlier, so much useful info I missed out on, sigh!
Anyway, am now 34 weeks, baby 2.2 kg, looking fwd to interact with you all in the days ahead, though maybe most will be delivering soon n too bz to post, but jiayou everyone, we'll be meeting our little ones sooo soon!

Welcome! Your baby wants to see the world during CNY... :D

chjean

Hi booboomum, my delivery is at Mt A. my gynae's clinic is above isetan scotts. at first i wanted a natural birth, and he allowed it as I had a moderately good growth, but I turned out to have gestational diabetes, so the baby was growing too fast / too fat for natural so now he thinks a c-sec must be performed. so if your friend chooses natural, and does not grow too fast too soon, natural still can be done. ask her not to eat sweet things or soft drinks (that's what caused my gestational diabetes !! ). anyway, listen to the gynae, won't be wrong! by the way, the opening for csec will be at the same place where the scar to remove the fibroid is, just that it'd be a bit longer/bigger. will be going back to my gynae this saturday for my checkup, will update on my bb's weight and will ask him to estimate the weight on delivery. let you know next week.

as for placenta consumption, i agree with ExcitedMummy cos i also attended Mrs Wong's class - she did say no use consuming the placenta. so i don't intend to consume it..

chjean

Hi Jan mummies,

Hi KTsmummy are you going natural or csec? I am having csec on 25/1 at Mt A too and i have chosen a 2 bedder. i'm wondering if i'd eventually have you as a roommate!!

rongiee

Hi KTsmummy and chjean,

Been a silent reader of this thread. My edd is on the 25/01 and i will be delivering at mt a, staying 2 bedded.. We might run into each other too! =)

chjean

Hi KTsmummy and chjean,

Been a silent reader of this thread. My edd is on the 25/01 and i will be delivering at mt a, staying 2 bedded.. We might run into each other too! =)
wow, such coincidence. will ask my room mate on that day if she's on mummysg too! that would be such fun, meeting there under the circumstances..

welenalexis

Hi mummies, anyone knows how do the gynae check if our amniotic fluid is low? Im into my 36 weeks now. Just worried after hearing from some mummies they are told to be induced due to low amniotic fluid.

Any mummies gonna process and consume their placenta? Very keen on going for it although its not proven about the good sides yet. Currently.drinking rapsberry leaf tea. Hopefully it work out well.

Hi mummies, anyone knows how do the gynae check if our amniotic fluid is low? Im into my 36 weeks now. Just worried after hearing from some mummies they are told to be induced due to low amniotic fluid.

Any mummies gonna process and consume their placenta? Very keen on going for it although its not proven about the good sides yet. Currently.drinking rapsberry leaf tea. Hopefully it work out well.
For my last 2 gynae visits, my gynae was looking at the ultrasound scans and said enough amniotic fluid for baby, so baby is not starving..

As for consuming placenta, I don't intend to do that. (Pls see one of my previous posting for the reasons - page 47).

For raspberry leaf tea, according to page 61 of Mrs Wong Boh Boi's book "Guide to Childbirth", she cautions against consuming too much cos of a few inidents of post-partum haemorrhage resulting form it.

For my last 2 gynae visits, my gynae was looking at the ultrasound scans and said enough amniotic fluid for baby, so baby is not starving..

As for consuming placenta, I don't intend to do that. (Pls see one of my previous posting for the reasons - page 47).

For raspberry leaf tea, according to page 61 of Mrs Wong Boh Boi's book "Guide to Childbirth", she cautions against consuming too much cos of a few inidents of post-partum haemorrhage resulting form it.
Hi Excited Mummy - can you share more about the cases of raspberry leaf causing post partum haemorrhage? Because when I search on line, I find the opposite information, e.g.:

source: Drinking Herbal tea during Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association : American Pregnancy Association
Medical studies have shown that red raspberry leaf can be consumed safely during pregnancy and can decrease the length of labor and decrease the number of interventions used such as artificial rupture of membranes (AROM), assisted delivery, and cesarean delivery.1 Red raspberry leaf also seems to help prevent pregnancies from pre-or post-term gestation (delivering too early or too late).

Herbs Used in Teas
The following are common ingredients you may find in herbal teas. Note that some have a questionable safety rating. The safety ratings given here are from the Natural Medicines Database. More extensive research and discussions with your health care provider will help you make the decision about what herbs are safe for you to use in teas.

Red Raspberry Leaf (Likely Safe) - Rich in iron, this herb has helped tone the uterus, increase milk production, decrease nausea, and ease labor pains. Many of the “Pregnancy Teas” commonly contain red raspberry leaf to help promote uterine health during pregnancy.
There is some controversy about whether this should be used throughout pregnancy or just in the second and third trimester, so many health care providers remain cautious and only recommend using it after the first trimester.