EDD October

Alisa

What brand of milk bottle you using?
i using avent.
your boy drink more than 120ml? so changing bigger bottle?
i dont wont know why my girl keep struggle when feeding her, feel stressful. but found if feeding formula, she wont struggle lot.
alisa, do you feed your boy water?
does he poo everyday? my girl do not poo today and yesterday. getting worry.
previously i was using NUK then now change to Tommy. Ya my son will also struggle when direct latch on but if on bottle, he will not.
after i mixed with formula, i start to give him water but i count to 10 mouth only then stop cuz i use breastmilk as water on the formula.
my son also poo less le, sometimes only once a day and sometimes 2 day once. think this is ok cuz they are growing le so their poo is getting lesser. if u see yr gal continue to put on weight then don have to worry. i realised my son get fatter if i feed him full breastmilk. haha...

previously i was using NUK then now change to Tommy. Ya my son will also struggle when direct latch on but if on bottle, he will not.
after i mixed with formula, i start to give him water but i count to 10 mouth only then stop cuz i use breastmilk as water on the formula.
my son also poo less le, sometimes only once a day and sometimes 2 day once. think this is ok cuz they are growing le so their poo is getting lesser. if u see yr gal continue to put on weight then don have to worry. i realised my son get fatter if i feed him full breastmilk. haha...
hi, alisa
use breastmilk as water? do you mean breastmilk mix with formula milk powder in one bottle?
can share what milk powder and how to mix? i mean how much breastmilk and milk powder.
do you doing at midnight feed also? if yes.. how you warm up the breastmilk? i faced the problem to give breastmilk as my girl cause she cannot wait. so i give formula a5 night feed.

Alisa

hi, alisa
use breastmilk as water? do you mean breastmilk mix with formula milk powde r in one bottle?
can share what milk powder and how to mix? i mean how much breastmilk and milk powder.
do you doing at midnight feed also? if yes.. how you warm up the breastmilk? i faced the problem to give breastmilk as my girl cause she cannot wait. so i give formula a5 night feed.
I mix in the day feed, night feed is by my hubby so easier for him to feed full formula. I pour 120ml of breastmilk and 3 scoops of formula. If full formula will be 120ml of water, 4 scoops of formula. Now I gave full breastmilk in the day feed to cuz he can also last for around 2-3hrs le and to save on powder $$, hee... So I only gave 140ml of breastmilk. On my above mixture, the water level after powder is 140ml.

I'm giving him Fisco & Enfalac. I will alternate each powder. Now give Fisco then later will give Enfalac. I will be trying Similac after I finish Enfalac but will continue on Fisco. So far he ok with both Fisco & Enfalac.

I bought Tommy warmer as I have Tommy bottle, other warmers are too small to fit Tommy bottle and I can warm the milk bag in the warmer directly too.

When u are feeding breastmilk, u gave express wan? Not latch on ya? I tried to feed direct to him in the past few days as my nipple cracked, when I express, it cracked more but when I latch on, it actually healed! But ytd realized my son was playing with my nipple instead of sucking... And when I thought he is actually not hungry, he cried for milk... But on the next feed, he did suckle fm me... Think he thought I'm playing with him...

Last edited:

Alisa

Hi mummies, i realised i have a small lump few days ago on my left breast and it never go off and today i found a bigger lump on my right breast! ... is it bcuz i never pump all the milk out??

I mix in the day feed, night feed is by my hubby so easier for him to feed full formula. I pour 120ml of breastmilk and 3 scoops of formula. If full formula will be 120ml of water, 4 scoops of formula. Now I gave full breastmilk in the day feed to cuz he can also last for around 2-3hrs le and to save on powder $$, hee... So I only gave 140ml of breastmilk. On my above mixture, the water level after powder is 140ml.

I'm giving him Fisco & Enfalac. I will alternate each powder. Now give Fisco then later will give Enfalac. I will be trying Similac after I finish Enfalac but will continue on Fisco. So far he ok with both Fisco & Enfalac.

I bought Tommy warmer as I have Tommy bottle, other warmers are too small to fit Tommy bottle and I can warm the milk bag in the warmer directly too.

When u are feeding breastmilk, u gave express wan? Not latch on ya? I tried to feed direct to him in the past few days as my nipple cracked, when I express, it cracked more but when I latch on, it actually healed! But ytd realized my son was playing with my nipple instead of sucking... And when I thought he is actually not hungry, he cried for milk... But on the next feed, he did suckle fm me... Think he thought I'm playing with him...
Hi alisa, ,
I given my girl frozen breastmilk, but sometime give fresh one. My refrigerator about full already. But my girl intake is not much. she now still drink 90 ml to 125 ml for every three hours. I unable increase as she cannot finish 125ml. somemore I only give her day feed. night feed I give formula. I actually want give breastmilk on night feed but I don't how to for the breastmilk. any mummies can share the experience?

I don't mix the breastmilk and formula powder, because my girl has not pass motion for 4 days. I worry so much. I feel super stress and cried. what can I do for my girl. I did put ru yi you and massage her tummy. I felt I really lousy mummy. I got no experience to help my girl.
now I know really not easy be a mother.

mummies, who going to take care your baby when you give back to worker? I am hiring a maid to take care my girl.

Hi mummies, i realised i have a small lump few days ago on my left breast and it never go off and today i found a bigger lump on my right breast! ... is it bcuz i never pump all the milk out??
hi, I remember I heard my confinement lady said this is normal if we pumping breastmilk out.

lyra

Hi! Dun get too stressed up! U r doing fine!

My friend is giving EBM almost totally. At night when giving EBM, she will get her hubby to wake up to warm the milk and then feed baby. It takes quite some time to warm the milk so her poor hubby dun really get enough sleep haha. She will hold and nurse baby mean while. Then when the milk is warmed, hubby will feed baby. She feels that by latching on, she doesn't have enough milk, so she chose to feed EBM...

I think u shouldn't mix breast milk and formula in one bottle to feed coz I read somewhere that its really not good. If I find out the article, I'll share with you all.

If you are feeding baby full breast milk, its common for total breast fed babies to not pass motion for days. Babies older than 1 mth old won't pass motion as much as younger babies too. If you r worried, u can go to a PD for check up. If baby shows no sign of constipation and is gaining weight, then she should be fine.

I'm going to do part time work instead of full time so I'll prob enlist my parents or parent in law's help to take care of my baby for a few hours in the day.

All the best to you, mummy!

Hi alisa, ,
I given my girl frozen breastmilk, but sometime give fresh one. My refrigerator about full already. But my girl intake is not much. she now still drink 90 ml to 125 ml for every three hours. I unable increase as she cannot finish 125ml. somemore I only give her day feed. night feed I give formula. I actually want give breastmilk on night feed but I don't how to for the breastmilk. any mummies can share the experience?

I don't mix the breastmilk and formula powder, because my girl has not pass motion for 4 days. I worry so much. I feel super stress and cried. what can I do for my girl. I did put ru yi you and massage her tummy. I felt I really lousy mummy. I got no experience to help my girl.

mummies, who going to take care your baby when you give back to worker? I am hiring a maid to take care my girl.

lyra

Try massaging the lump as you pump. Could be blocked duct. Impt to rub it so that it unblocks coz otherwise it may lead to mastitis which is infection and will cause fever.

Try massaging the lump as you pump. Could be blocked duct. Impt to rub it so that it unblocks coz otherwise it may lead to mastitis which is infection and will cause fever.
yes, it true. I always lazy to massage, just simple massage for few second. I always felt my breast pain and block. then have to do hot shower to give full massage to my breast.
The mastitis is very scarely. I did one time during confinement. Very suffering.

Hi! Dun get too stressed up! U r doing fine!

My friend is giving EBM almost totally. At night when giving EBM, she will get her hubby to wake up to warm the milk and then feed baby. It takes quite some time to warm the milk so her poor hubby dun really get enough sleep haha. She will hold and nurse baby mean while. Then when the milk is warmed, hubby will feed baby. She feels that by latching on, she doesn't have enough milk, so she chose to feed EBM...

I think u shouldn't mix breast milk and formula in one bottle to feed coz I read somewhere that its really not good. If I find out the article, I'll share with you all.

If you are feeding baby full breast milk, its common for total breast fed babies to not pass motion for days. Babies older than 1 mth old won't pass motion as much as younger babies too. If you r worried, u can go to a PD for check up. If baby shows no sign of constipation and is gaining weight, then she should be fine.

I'm going to do part time work instead of full time so I'll prob enlist my parents or parent in law's help to take care of my baby for a few hours in the day.

All the best to you, mummy!
Hi Lyra,
Thanks you so much for the encouragement.
My girl she pooed this morning. She look fine during pooing. She not cried and her poo is soft. I think my girl she just lazy pooing everyday.
I will try to using method as you recommend. I think is my girl like pacifier then can use to cool her down when waiting milk warming. But she dont like pacifier.

Will you feel painful if baby wase the EBM / cannot finish the EBM??

Alisa

yes, it true. I always lazy to massage, just simple massage for few second. I always felt my breast pain and block. then have to do hot shower to give full massage to my breast.
The mastitis is very scarely. I did one time during confinement. Very suffering.
noted Lyra & Pangsn7376. i will massage more. i realised got 1 big wan like in the middle of my breast... that wan will be difficult liao...

Hi Lyra,
My girl she pooed this morning. She look fine during pooing. She not cried and her poo is soft. I think my girl she just lazy pooing everyday.
I will try to using method as you recommend. I think is my girl like pacifier then can use to cool her down when waiting milk warming. But she dont like pacifier.

my son haven poo too, today is the 3rd day le. i realised in the past morning around 7-8am, he will cried in pain like he wan to poo but cannot (even if he did pooed the day before). after carrying & patting, he manage to sleep then the next waken, he seems ok liao. like the pain is a dream. i hope he will poo today, see a poo stain on his butt just now when i change his pampers.

Alisa

Hi alisa, ,
I given my girl frozen breastmilk, but sometime give fresh one. My refrigerator about full already. But my girl intake is not much. she now still drink 90 ml to 125 ml for every three hours. I unable increase as she cannot finish 125ml. somemore I only give her day feed. night feed I give formula. I actually want give breastmilk on night feed but I dont't how to for the breastmilk. any mummies can share the experience?

I dont't mix the breastmilk and formula powder, because my girl has not pass motion for 4 days. I worry so much. I feel super stress and cried. what can I do for my girl. I did put ru yi you and massage her tummy. I felt I really lousy mummy. I got no experience to help my girl.

during night feed if i have milk, i will give direct, never frozen wan cuz to me is very ma fan... have to rem to put the frozen milk in warmer lor.. i used 3 compartment on the freezer till my MIL say CNY is coming le, how is she going to store her food? anyway my breastmilk is getting lesser too, if i direct feed him, i can only pump once, around 5oz each breast only le.

during night feed if i have milk, i will give direct, never frozen wan cuz to me is very ma fan... have to rem to put the frozen milk in warmer lor.. i used 3 compartment on the freezer till my MIL say CNY is coming le, how is she going to store her food? anyway my breastmilk is getting lesser too, if i direct feed him, i can only pump once, around 5oz each breast only le.
Hi Alisa,
Massage during when you having hot shower. It works to me. Hope work to you also.

My freezer is almost full also.
same as you, i found my breastmilk getting lesser. Unless i hardworking to pumping more time per day.
I seldom latch on, because i dont know how much she drink. She easy get hungry.
I thinking ask my maid give EBM at night feed. Do you think is good?? i afraid later she give too cold to my baby. and also afraid baby crying when waiting the EBM to warm up.

Alisa, will you painful if waste your EBM??
Some people breastmilk is free, dont need feel painful when waste. But maybe i have limited breastmilk, so sometime feel very waste. That day, i pumping whole bottle (about 5oz), i careless and wasting all whole bottle. Feel so waste and painful..

noted Lyra & Pangsn7376. i will massage more. i realised got 1 big wan like in the middle of my breast... that wan will be difficult liao...

my son haven poo too, today is the 3rd day le. i realised in the past morning around 7-8am, he will cried in pain like he wan to poo but cannot (even if he did pooed the day before). after carrying & patting, he manage to sleep then the next waken, he seems ok liao. like the pain is a dream. i hope he will poo today, see a poo stain on his butt just now when i change his pampers.

Alisa, do you give your son gripe water?? I heard people said is helping to poo poo also.
When my girl not poo poo. I always massage his tummy and belly. And also will give a little warm water morning when she waken up. I dont know which method is work for my girl, but she pooed this morning.
Hope the method work to your son also. I can understand your worry.

Alisa

Hi Alisa,
Massage during when you having hot shower. It works to me. Hope work to you also.

My freezer is almost full also.
same as you, i found my breastmilk getting lesser. Unless i hardworking to pumping more time per day.
I seldom latch on, because i dont know how much she drink. She easy get hungry.
I thinking ask my maid give EBM at night feed. Do you think is good?? i afraid later she give too cold to my baby. and also afraid baby crying when waiting the EBM to warm up.

Alisa, will you painful if waste your EBM??
Some people breastmilk is free, dont need feel painful when waste. But maybe i have limited breastmilk, so sometime feel very waste. That day, i pumping whole bottle (about 5oz), i careless and wasting all whole bottle. Feel so waste and painful..
heard that baby can drink cold milk but of course not freezing cold that kind lor.
ya i will feel heartpain. there was once after pump, i wanted to pour the milk into milk bag but spill almost 1/3 of it! so heartpain...

Alisa, do you give your son gripe water?? I heard people said is helping to poo poo also.
When my girl not poo poo. I always massage his tummy and belly. And also will give a little warm water morning when she waken up. I dont know which method is work for my girl, but she pooed this morning.
Hope the method work to your son also. I can understand your worry.
i gave grip water, apply ru yi oil but i never gave warm water. maybe i try tmw.

Alisa

my son managed to poo le! alot sia! i haven given warm water yet! tho he stained his shirt again but i don mind. hahah!!!

nattynat

You have to massage the lumps away before or during pumping and pump all out. Best is to latch on. Had lesser lumps when I latched on more frequently

Alisa

You have to massage the lumps away before or during pumping and pump all out. Best is to latch on. Had lesser lumps when I latched on more frequently
i realised i got the lump after i latch him on due to my crack wan... my crack healed but got lump.. maybe he didnt drink much..

lyra

Hi Lyra,

Yah, I felt heartache at first if my mum throws away EBM when my baby can't finish it. But I got used to it. No use feeling upset coz the EBM really can't keep. But if its my own carelessness that wasted the milk, then I'll feel super heartache!

my son managed to poo le! alot sia! i haven given warm water yet! tho he stained his shirt again but i don mind. hahah!!!
Haha. We parents are so happy to see poo poo! Yup, if baby haven't pooed for a long time, when he finally poo, it'll be explosive! My baby hasn't pooed for whole day and at night, everything came suddenly and very loudly!

nattynat

i realised i got the lump after i latch him on due to my crack wan... my crack healed but got lump.. maybe he didnt drink much..
Maybe u didn't latch on properly. Cuz initially she only sucked my nipple so not much milk came out. Have to open her mouth wider by pressing her chin downwards to put the whole areola and nipple in, then more milk will come out. After latching I pump to get the remaining milk out cuz too much for her to fully drain the breast though there was once or twice she did empty the breast. :D