How many days after delivery does your milk flow comes???

fengmie

TrRe: How many days after delivery does your milk flow comes???

Hi all, my milk flow only start after my 5 day of delivery. I did not bf my baby as I used pump to pump instead. Now my baby is almost 1month but my milk supply is very low each time I pump can't even feed her need to combine few time to milk 1 feed. I thinking of letting her to latch on after my confinement will it be too late to gain more milk at this stage?

Shiawase

Hi ladies, need advice on short nipple.. I just delivered on wed and have problem latching my baby.. lactationconsultant who see me said my nipples are too short.. and another problem is my baby is premature.. anyone had the same situation? I tried to use nipple shield and he managed to kind of suck but the sucking is not strong enuff.. there is a huge space between my nipple and the nipple shield opening.. right now, I'm supplementing him with fm while I express little bm.. still hoping to eventually latch him on though.. :( pls help!!

Mummy to Baby V

Re: TrRe: How many days after delivery does your milk flow comes???

Hi all, my milk flow only start after my 5 day of delivery. I did not bf my baby as I used pump to pump instead. Now my baby is almost 1month but my milk supply is very low each time I pump can't even feed her need to combine few time to milk 1 feed. I thinking of letting her to latch on after my confinement will it be too late to gain more milk at this stage?
In my case, baby is definitely better at stimulating supply than the pump. I latched on almost exclusively cos it's very convenient.

If your baby has been drinking expressed milk from bottle teat since birth till now, she may prefer the bottle than latch on. So you may need a long time to teach her to latch on after confinement. Or she may reject latching. Better to start latching ASAP.

Also, after confinement, baby may have growth spurt, around week 5-6. Will need even more milk. Latching on now is the best way to up the supply before the growth spurt and increase it permanently again when growth spurt arrives. All the best!

elaine01

Hi ladies, need advice on short nipple.. I just delivered on wed and have problem latching my baby.. lactationconsultant who see me said my nipples are too short.. and another problem is my baby is premature.. anyone had the same situation? I tried to use nipple shield and he managed to kind of suck but the sucking is not strong enuff.. there is a huge space between my nipple and the nipple shield opening.. right now, I'm supplementing him with fm while I express little bm.. still hoping to eventually latch him on though.. :( pls help!!
Hi dear,

I had inverted nipples, making it even more difficult to latch my baby cos whenever my baby latch on, my nipples will get "sucked" into my breast!! So my mum taught me to feed him from the "normal" breast 1st. When he's not so hungry, then try to latch him slowly from the affected breast. In less than 2 months, he pulled my nipple out for me. :)

Shiawase

Hi dear,

I had inverted nipples, making it even more difficult to latch my baby cos whenever my baby latch on, my nipples will get "sucked" into my breast!! So my mum taught me to feed him from the "normal" breast 1st. When he's not so hungry, then try to latch him slowly from the affected breast. In less than 2 months, he pulled my nipple out for me. :)
Hi Elaine, thanks for ur advice.. but both my breasts had short nipples.. I tried latching a few times still not successful although his sucking is stronger.. will continue to try and see if he can eventually pull my nipples out..

elaine01

If you're latching on your left breast, use your left arm to hold your baby. Use your right hand to form a V-letter with your middle & index finger & press your breast wall to make your nipples more protruding. It takes a bit of effort. I pump between feeds & after meals too, to help pull out my nipple. :)

verarone

my bm only cm in ard 1wk later after delivery, at ard 20ml. bm digest easily, I cn latched her on every hour n she is always nt full so end up i supp her wif fm esp at nite so tat she cn sleep. Im nt a vy hardworkin mummy when its cm to pumping, i dnt pump every 2-3 hrs.

now she is 6 wks old, i stil dnt hv enough bm for her... im tinkin if i shld give up n giv her full fm instead.

fengmie

my breast milk only cm in around 1wk later after delivery, at around 20ml. breast milk digest easily, I cn latched her on every hour n she is always not full so end up i supp her with fm esp at nite so that she cn sleep. Im not a vy hardworkin mummy when its cm to pumping, i dnt pump every 2-3 hours.

now she is 6 wks old, i stil dnt have enough breast milk for her... im tinkin if i shld give up n give her full fm instead.
Yap. i only pump few times again and i dint let my baby to latch on due to my confinement therefore my milk supply is super low. 1 day only can pump about 30-40ml. I already give up on breast feed and give full FM, but now my BM is still producing whien i squeeze there is still milk coming out i wonder if this mean i still can latch on my baby for BM?

HappyLe

Try to squeeze a few drop of milk And coat it ard ur nipple before apply the nipple cream. It shld help u reduce the pain. If u got problem latch on like me, dun worry, just guai guai pump every 4 hrs and try to drink mother milktea and eat alot of fish, drink plenty of soup and water, after a while u wil see a increase in milk supply. I started with 40mls every 4 hrs but after 2 mths never give up i have manage to increase to 140mls every 4 hrs, but as she was taken care by my mum thus at night after last feed at 11 plus, she wil be given 2 x FM. So far so good. Everyone Body is diff, dun give up and u wil see result very soon :) good luck

Not necessary must latch on then got milk supply, i have been pumping since the first day as cannot latch on, but til now stil got enough milk to feed hehe. Just tat u got to be extra hardworking to pump pump pump. I dun wake up to pump oso thus in the morning wil pump out about 260mls of milk, my breast seem to get used to it already thus never engoged hehe

Last edited:

lyra

Hi fengmie, try to latch on ur baby again. Hope u r successful! Check out this site abt relactation: kellymom.com :: Relactation and Adoptive Breastfeeding

Yap. i only pump few times again and i dint let my baby to latch on due to my confinement therefore my milk supply is super low. 1 day only can pump about 30-40ml. I already give up on breast feed and give full FM, but now my BM is still producing whien i squeeze there is still milk coming out i wonder if this mean i still can latch on my baby for BM?