Dr Ann Tan Sian Ann - Mt E

pigmohippo

Hi,

Has anyone seeing her for delivery? Looks like that she has quite a very good introduction / explanation in her website, but would like to know other's reviews about her.

Hi,

Has anyone seeing her for delivery? Looks like that she has quite a very good introduction / explanation in her website, but would like to know other's reviews about her.
She was the obstetrician for my elder son at SGH but that was 6 years ago. Very confident doctor but have to wait long long at each appt due to her popularity. Though i had a very long 2nd stage labor, she did not take easy way out to recommend c-section but patient enough to help me deliver the natural way.

momo-san

Hi

I just signed up this forum website. Glad that I found this website, it is so informative.

BTW, did you choose Ann Tan as your gynae? Is she good?
I hve went to her for IUI but her charges are very high. And seems like this round of IUI is successful, going to get my result this evening. Hope is +ve.

Joycetbg

Hi

I just signed up this forum website. Glad that I found this website, it is so informative.

BTW, did you choose Ann Tan as your gynae? Is she good?
I hve went to her for IUI but her charges are very high. And seems like this round of IUI is successful, going to get my result this evening. Hope is +ve.

She is a very patient and experience gynae. Although is exp but is worth paying

limps

Hi Momo-san,

I am snowgirl. Just join this forum last week. I see that you are seeing Dr Ann Tan for IUI. Is she good? Cos i am seeing her too for IUI last week. I am seeing her for the first time.

Thanks

shiseru

Dr Ann Tan had her own clinic now at Paragon and no longer with Mount E. I seek a 2nd opinion with her when my baby was diagnosed with Spina bifida 2 months ago. She did a very detail explanation and showed us the defect with her high tech scan machine which really helped us make a decision on whether we should continue or terminate the pregnany.

She is expensive but i heard she is very confident and experienced. She is the first lady Dr who brought in the OSCARs test, a prenatal screening program for Down's syndrome.

JP12

Hi anyone seen her recently for your pregnancy? Do you recommend her? Is she specialized in high risk pregnancy? Is she now at paragon?

Thanks. :)

casafar

Hello, I just wanted to share my wonderful experiences with Dr. Ann Tan and her staff. She treated my husband and I for infertility (we got pregnant with our first IVF in January 2012), she helped me through a difficult pregnancy, and she helped me delivery a beautiful baby boy in September 2012. I cannot recommend Dr. Ann Tan enough. She is a very talented doctor and is caring, considerate, and kind. She and her staff and very responsive to phone calls and emails, treat each patient with extreme care and concern, and are very professional. I always felt very comfortable in their care and I would highly recommend Dr. Tan and her staff. I know many of my friends who had easier pregnancies than I did and they were equally pleased. She is a very busy doctor but she manages to give each patient a very personal level of care, which is very important (and impressive). Best of luck everyone!

Veon

Hi casafar, may I know how old were you when you did you ivf in 2012? I just did mine in NUH but failed so I'm thinking to switch to Ann Tan. May I also know how much did you pay for your ivf then? Thank you.

Chun Yi

Hi,

Talking to Dr. Ann Tan makes you think that your baby is in good hands. My husband and I have seen many IVFdoctors but nothing like her who'll treat you with care and so much understanding of what you're going through. This is the page that i read http://www.anntan.com.sg/ivf.html which you may find helpful.

Kellys

Hi, dr Ann tan is expensive. Each time I see her cost me close to $4-500. And she has no package.
Not sure about ivf. she has many patients, don't expect her to spend a long time in the consultation room with you. It was rush every time depending on the hour you visit her. Recommend to book your appointment towards end of the day. She is confident in her work but it makes me feel each time I ask a question it's a redundant question.

It's true she is pro natural. During delivery dr tan insisted we wait for my cervix to open with booster after hours of no progress. And because of that I suffered a life long complication. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Momkarey

Hi, dr Ann tan is expensive. Each time I see her cost me close to $4-500. And she has no package.
Not sure about ivf. she has many patients, don't expect her to spend a long time in the consultation room with you. It was rush every time depending on the hour you visit her. Recommend to book your appointment towards end of the day. She is confident in her work but it makes me feel each time I ask a question it's a redundant question.

It's true she is pro natural. During delivery dr tan insisted we wait for my cervix to open with booster after hours of no progress. And because of that I suffered a life long complication. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Hahaha same! She is very confident and when u ask her something because you are not sure, she sure makes u feel that it's a dumb question.

Her staff weren't that friendly. Some don't even look into your eyes when talking to you.

But she must be good since she has so many patients. :)

Iniquuis Orbis

I wanted to write a recent review about Dr Ann Tan and her Mt E clinic.
- There are about 4-5 receptionists but you have to ring about 10 times just to get through. This unfortunately is not an exaggeration, nor a one time experience but everytime I have tried to ring the clinic, ive never gotten through either the 1st or 2nd time. For the money you pay, you would think the level of service is impeccable but such a simple thing like ringing the clinic is such a frustrating experience. I've raised this on more than 1 occasion but they dont seem interested in doing anything different here.
- The wait times do not justify the costs. You end up waiting more than 45min, only see her for 10min and then get charged +500sgd for each visit.
- My other quibble with costs is that they overcharge on everything. Consultation fee is 220sgd which you can shrug off, but then you get charged 200-300 sgd for each scan (double if its twins) even though it only took 5min, even the medicine you buy has an extortionate level markup. You would think at least the medicine is sold close to cost but if you compare medicine prices, there is a ridiculous range of prices, so wide that the singapore govt should be ashamed such disparities can exist on medicine. My advice would be to get a prescription and obtain the medicine elsewhere, since over the whole process, the savings could be a few 1000 sgd. In the name of transparency, clinics should at least highlight to patients that medicine can be obtained cheaper elsewhere at very little extra inconvenience.
Her surgery and delivery fees are also amongst the highest in the country but I am not necessarily criticizing that because people will happily pay it if they get favourable results. My main issue was getting overcharged on medicine which I found the most difficult thing to swallow.
- One would say, if you find her too expensive, then don't use her. However the whole OBGYN industry lacks some transparency. There should be 1 website which details all the doctors, all fees including consultation, scans, bloodtests, surgery, medicine prices, etc so the correct choices can be made by couples from the outset.
- With regards to Dr Tan herself, I found her to be very thorough and on top of things. I think her record and results speak for themselves. If you very wealthy, and do not want to wait in long queues at govt hospitals, then she is the right pick.

-

Last edited:

Blingling

Hi! Has anyone done C-section with her? Would like to know how her stitching skills are? And how long the scar is. Thanks!