EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Yea it's getting 热闹 here indeed! :) I dun think the belly is supposed to be showing so early but I do have a little roll of fat there so I think it looks more "pronounced" now! Lol... Now, if I'm not hungry, I'm nauseous... It's kinda confusing actually.

Xiaoer, my doc gives me 5mg of folic acid daily but I read online that pregnant ladies need to take abt 800mcg of folic acid (or folate) daily. If u buy those prenatal vitamins, most will come with abt 800mcg of folic acid. Oh, and u would want to start taking DHA (omega3) too. Good for the baby's brain development. But u can try to get those algae derived ones rather thn the fish oil ones cuz I read it's easier on the stomach. & after all, fish get their omega 3 from consuming the algae itself :)

Btw Caramellae, how did your scan go? I just had mine (7 weeks) yesterday & I saw my baby - abt 1cm long & heard his heartbeat too! So exciting! :) :)

Hey! Wow nw more ladies are joining us! Heehee it used to be quite lonely. Just moonjellie and me! Heehee

I would like to ask, any of you ladies, has your tummy start showing?

colors

My friend intro me Dr Lim too ..but I've selected my doc. Did doc told u the amt of folic acid to consume?
Hi,

Dr Lim prescribe multi vitamins for me. In softgel capsule form. Before visiting Dr Lim I'm taking 5mg og folic acid daily.. :)

xiaoer

Ya my doc told me to consume 5mg (=5000mcg). But I think it's really alot.. I did some research online and max seems like 1mg or 800mcg.. Hence worried duno got side effects anot.

colors

e folic acid i'm consuming in my multi vitamin capsule is 0.25mg now.
Don't worry k.. maybe u can check with your gynae... when's ya EDD? can't wait to heart my baby's heart beat in 2 weeks time. Hope by then can find. :)

xiaoer

That's 250mcg onli.. I'm still not convince to consume 5mg think will take around 1mg ba.. My edd still not confirm yet coz doc ask me to return in 2 weeks time. But around 1st week of sep ba :) just now couldn't resist the potato chips and cold drinks ha.. Eaten junk food -.-"

Last edited:

paul

I oredi put on weight and bou maternity wear in my 1st trimster and has swollen breast, bou bra extension, bou Clarins stretch mark cream. Had terrible MS in 1st trimster, keep taking leave to sleep. But my tummy only start to show aft Trim 1. :red:

felicity

newbie reporting! just did my first scan 2 hours ago... bb is 8+ weeks old!

i get hungry all the time, yet i feel nauseous after i eat just a little... then i will feel hungry and pukish at the same time! =(

wanna ask fellow mummies-to-be, have you told your superiors already? i wonder when is a good time to tell!

Wah Paul, that's fast! :D I was just thinking when to buy the stretch mark cream! Better start earlier thn later right? Hahaha... I'm only 8 weeks btw. Sounds like you've crossed over to the 2nd trimester. Did your tiredness abate? I'm so sick of being tired all the time now =.=

I oredi put on weight and bou maternity wear in my 1st trimster and has swollen breast, bou bra extension, bou Clarins stretch mark cream. Had terrible MS in 1st trimster, keep taking leave to sleep. But my tummy only start to show aft Trim 1. :red:

Hello felicity & congrats! :) Hopefully, your morning sickness will abate soon... I'm lucky my boss is a very understanding lady & I have a good relationship with her. So I told her as soon as I found out actually. I think the "good time" depends on your company as well as your boss. But if your symptoms are making it hard for you to focus at work (I'm drooping by 4pm!), then I think your boss might have guessed it too ;)

i get hungry all the time, yet i feel nauseous after i eat just a little... then i will feel hungry and pukish at the same time! =(

wanna ask fellow mummies-to-be, have you told your superiors already? i wonder when is a good time to tell!

lizzy2101

Hi all! Im new here and base on my LMP my EDD will be on 25th Sept... I have not been on doctor yet as im only 5 weeks preggy, i might sched an appointment in another 14 days :) cheers!

gregda

Congrats all Sept 2012 mummies!

I am joining the club too!
My EDD is 19th Sept. My 2nd pregnancy.
ard 6 weeks now.

I am seeing Dr Woo Bit Hwa , clinic at Tiong Bahru Plaza.

So far no morning sickness but feel very tired easily.

How's everyone doing? feel free to share and oh ya , Happy New Year mummies!

paul

Wah Paul, that's fast! :D I was just thinking when to buy the stretch mark cream! Better start earlier thn later right? Hahaha... I'm only 8 weeks btw. Sounds like you've crossed over to the 2nd trimester. Did your tiredness abate? I'm so sick of being tired all the time now =.=
Hi Moon,

I bought bt I only used maybe once a wk. I bou fr Strawberry NET. Guess when u are preggy, u more sensitive to smell. I no longer put perfume. Sth I so lazy to put cream at nite and brush teeth. I only did my facial in 2nd trimster. I dare nt go massage also.

1st trimster I was so tired that I can sleep day and nite and barely worked 2 days a wk. Once u reach 2nd trimster, ur energy shd be up and running. Follow ur craving. Do take crackers when nausea. MS SUXS !

paul

Hi Felicity,

My manager guessed it as I keep taking leave. I only told my big boss offically after I passed 1st trimster as I scare pantang. -) I nv go out lunch in 1st trimster as I will pack and used the time to nap to gain back some energy. -)

Hi Paul, that's what my girlfriend says too but I'm craving rice, potatoes, noodles, all the carbs!! >.< but hopefully, like what u said, my tiredness will abate soon! Btw, just curious... How come you don't even dare go for facial? I understand for massage but facial shd be ok, no?

Hi Moon,

I bought bt I only used maybe once a wk. I bou fr Strawberry NET. Guess when u are preggy, u more sensitive to smell. I no longer put perfume. Sth I so lazy to put cream at nite and brush teeth. I only did my facial in 2nd trimster. I dare nt go massage also.

1st trimster I was so tired that I can sleep day and nite and barely worked 2 days a wk. Once u reach 2nd trimster, ur energy shd be up and running. Follow ur craving. Do take crackers when nausea. MS SUXS !

Hi lizzy, welcome to the club! How exciting, you should be able to see the heartbeat in another 2 weeks :)

Hi all! Im new here and base on my LMP my EDD will be on 25th Sept... I have not been on doctor yet as im only 5 weeks preggy, i might sched an appointment in another 14 days :) cheers!

Hello gregda, happy new year to you too & congrats on your number 2! You should have more experience to share with us I suppose :)

On top of the usual tiredness, MS etc, I still do have the occasional cramping. Although my doc says its normal but can't help but be worried when it suddenly comes! Silly of me I suppose :D

Congrats all Sept 2012 mummies!

I am joining the club too!
My EDD is 19th Sept. My 2nd pregnancy.
ard 6 weeks now.

I am seeing Dr Woo Bit Hwa , clinic at Tiong Bahru Plaza.

So far no morning sickness but feel very tired easily.

How's everyone doing? feel free to share and oh ya , Happy New Year mummies!

felicity

Hello felicity & congrats! :) Hopefully, your morning sickness will abate soon... I'm lucky my boss is a very understanding lady & I have a good relationship with her. So I told her as soon as I found out actually. I think the "good time" depends on your company as well as your boss. But if your symptoms are making it hard for you to focus at work (I'm drooping by 4pm!), then I think your boss might have guessed it too ;)
hi Moonjellie! i told my superior today... she's very happy and very understanding. she was actually more ecstatic than my hubby upon hearing the news! she said she will help me ensure smooth handover etc, and i'm very relieved.

erlina040

Hi Mummies,

Just found out that I am pregnant yesterday. Was rather excited and not able to concentrate at work the whole of yesterday and today.

Went to normal gp to get confirmation and she suggested going to a gynae somewhere around 7 to 8 weeks so that the ultrasound will reveal more. If go too early, might not be able to see anything and might increase the anxiety.

Hope to hear more from the rest of the mummies and learnt more along the journey.

coriela

Hello Erlina,

Congrats! Did you use a HPT to test and got a positive?

I also just found out yesterday that I am pregnant! What a coincidence! I tested using the HPT but I have not had a chance to visit a GP though.