EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

paul

Hi all,

Made my first appointment to see Dr Wee Horng Yen in KK on 11 Feb, I should be around 6 weeks then. My friend recommended him saying he is patient and caring doctor and will not rush thru the consultation.
I read review, he was gd. I shortlist him also. Bt in the end I did pre check up with ACJ.

coriela

Thank you for your advise Sufeit. I think they are all about the same. Heard Dr Fong and Dr Foong are man of few words. Dr Ong is fatherly figure and Dr Ang is a careful lady. Can't remember about Dr Tan....

How do I find out their charges and package?

sufeit0115

I seeing Adrain fr ACJ. Quite frenly and experienced. I dun take tea daily bt I do indulge in milk tea or lemon tea when I have craving. I feel a few times a wk shd be ok ba. I crave for sashimi also so I do eat once a wk.
I read that Dr Adrian offered one of the cheapest pre-natal package from forum, his package start like from week 8 onwards, isit? :) For my last pregnancy, my craving for milk tea was so strong that I took almost every morning, but I quit coffee. I knew the caffeine is not good for baby but really could not help it :(

sufeit0115

Thank you for your advise Sufeit. I think they are all about the same. Heard Dr Fong and Dr Foong are man of few words. Dr Ong is fatherly figure and Dr Ang is a careful lady. Can't remember about Dr Tan....

How do I find out their charges and package?
Maybe can call and ask how much is their first and subsequent consultation and scanning? Some nice folks also posted the charges on forum too!

Singapore motherhood forum is more active and have more info but it's very messy, so will take a lot of time to search :) Btw, how many weeks you are now? Some can see heartbeat as early as 6 weeks. :)

paul

I read that Dr Adrian offered one of the cheapest pre-natal package from forum, his package start like from week 8 onwards, isit? :) For my last pregnancy, my craving for milk tea was so strong that I took almost every morning, but I quit coffee. I knew the caffeine is not good for baby but really could not help it :(
Hi,

Not sure are we talking abt the same adrain. There are 2 adrains. Mine is Adrain tan. His package start mth 4. I think tea shd be ok. maybe just one cup a day. I taking chicken essence also to boost my energy level at work. -)

sufeit0115

Hi,

Not sure are we talking abt the same adrain. There are 2 adrains. Mine is Adrain tan. His package start mth 4. I think tea shd be ok. maybe just one cup a day. I taking chicken essence also to boost my energy level at work. -)
haha, I mistook your gynae is Dr Adrian Woodworth. I saw your ticker you are 14 weeks pregnant, so is your EDD in Sep12?

paul

Wow so cool you are already in 2nd trimester!! By 20 weeks should be able to 'confirm' the gender of baby :)
Yes, I was suffering like mad in 1st trimster with nausea, MS, sleepy. Hardly worked also. Looking forward to the gender. Now at least nt so Xin Ku. Thank you. -)

Alyssa

Hello everyone!

New member reporting! I'm so excited. Just tested positive using the clearblue yesterday and I still can't believe it. ETD should be around 31 Sep. :-D

I'm very glad to hear that mild cramping is common. I've been getting these slight cramps and backache. Luckily no spotting, but I was so worried that I went to see a gp yest. GP said shld be alright, but I feel more assured when I hear from you all.

Can we buy folic acid off the shelf ? Any special brands? Sorry.. first-time mum and I'm still quite clueless..

coriela

Welcome Alyssa! Congratulations! :)

I bought my folic acids from Unity (NTUC pharmacy). I was recommended to get from there by my friend who is pregnant too. :)

sufeit0115

Hello everyone!

New member reporting! I'm so excited. Just tested positive using the clearblue yesterday and I still can't believe it. ETD should be around 31 Sep. :-D

I'm very glad to hear that mild cramping is common. I've been getting these slight cramps and backache. Luckily no spotting, but I was so worried that I went to see a gp yest. GP said shld be alright, but I feel more assured when I hear from you all.

Can we buy folic acid off the shelf ? Any special brands? Sorry.. first-time mum and I'm still quite clueless..
Hi Alyssa, welcome onboard :)

You can buy folic acid from the pharmacy, I bought mine at KK hospital's pharmacy, it didn't state the brand though. You should start taking folic acid now, which is very essential for first trimester. Go get your folic acid today! :)

Alyssa

Hi Alyssa, welcome onboard :)

You can buy folic acid from the pharmacy, I bought mine at KK hospital's pharmacy, it didn't state the brand though. You should start taking folic acid now, which is very essential for first trimester. Go get your folic acid today! :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Sufeit, thank you for your advice! I'll go hunting for the folic acid tonight. :001_302:

lizzy2101

i bought blackmores folate for $15 i guardian pharmacy, 1 tab a day and im drinking UNMUM materna too :D

Hello everyone!

Pinky32

Hello to all,

I am new here! I am currently 6 weeks pregnant. Going to first gynae appt next week. As of now, I don't have any MS. Looking forward for the appt. next week to check and make sure everything is ok. Just wondering, is it normal not to have any MS by now?

Pinky32

Hello to all,

I am new here! I am currently 6 weeks pregnant. Going to first gynae appt next week. As of now, I dont't have any MS. Looking forward for the appt. next week to check and make sure everything is ok. Just wondering, is it normal not to have any MS by now?

Alyssa

Hello to all,

I am new here! I am currently 6 weeks pregnant. Going to first gynae appt next week. As of now, I dont't have any MS. Looking forward for the appt. next week to check and make sure everything is ok. Just wondering, is it normal not to have any MS by now?

Hi Pinky,

Welcome and Congratulations! :) I'm not an expert, but my friend, who just delivered recently, breezed through her entire pregnancy without much MS (lucky gal). I guess every girl is different. :)

paul

Hello to all,

Dun count ur luck so early. Initially I dun have. Was wondering anything wrong. The next thing I knew it I was too tired to even go work. They say its gd to have a bit MS, showing the HCG level. Bt it can be v tiring for mummies.

sufeit0115

For my first pregnancy, I had only slight nausea in first 8 weeks and no MS at all. Based on some experts, morning sickness indicating your pregnancy is progressing well. I think every pregnancy is different and every women is different too. :001_302:

Like paul mentioned, sometimes MS kicks in at later weeks too.