EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Hi surfeit, drink decaf coffee! :)

Hi all, which gynae you all are seeing?

My previous gynae had left KK and set up her own practice, which her clinic location is inconvenient for me.

Btw, I am craving for coffee very much, and I cannot quit off the drink, how ah? For my last pregnancy, I was craving for milk tea and I drank almost everyday. :embarrassed:

No leh, gynae never really advise anything ;p thanks for the tips gregda! Will avoid those foods u mentioned.

Your gynae didnt tell you? don't worry...shld be ok..now you know already, so don't eat anymore half boiled eggs.
cause there's always bacteria present in raw or half-cooked food and for half-boiled eggs, there is risk of bacteria infection.
but no worries, actually the baby only starts to take in what we eat at 5 months... but we still must be careful of diet from now on to prevent any infection etc etc.. no alcohol, and refrain from taking mayonaise too (its made from raw egg yolks).
no coffee and tea as well. :)

raw eggs have this samollena bacteria in them thats why its not advised.

even babies less than a year old can only take cooked egg yolks but not whites..

but don't worry..eat already so don't think too much.. :)

Pinky32

Dun count ur luck so early. Initially I dun have. Was wondering anything wrong. The next thing I knew it I was too tired to even go work. They say its gd to have a bit MS, showing the HCG level. Bt it can be v tiring for mummies.
Yes, I am just wondering is anything wrong or not. Looking forward to my first gynae appt next week.

felicity

That's great Felicity! :) Hahaha... i think my husband same case as yours... he seems to be in disbelief for a while. Keeps asking me if the pregnancy is confirmed. I think it only dawned on him the last week that we are REALLY having a baby & he went all round spreading the happy news :D
hee yea Moonjellie~ my hubby just quietly hugged me. when he told my MIL, she didn't even react except said "i knew it" =/ because she was in a foul mood. i told hubby to tell her to cheer her up but i guess it didn't work. sigh~

on the other hand... my superior was like in this widest grin ever and she got so excited for me... almost jumping on her feet! so funny!! haha...

Hello Felicity!

Welcome to the club. You also just tested last Sat? :) Which hospital is De Benjamin Tham at? I am still researching for a gynae to make an appointment with.
hihi coriela! yup i just tested last sat =) Dr Tham is at TMC. i read a lot of raves on him when i was tcc-ing... so i'm keen to get him. called to make my first appt already, will be next week =)

felicity

Hello everyone!

New member reporting! I'm so excited. Just tested positive using the clearblue yesterday and I still can't believe it. ETD should be around 31 Sep. :-D

I'm very glad to hear that mild cramping is common. I've been getting these slight cramps and backache. Luckily no spotting, but I was so worried that I went to see a gp yest. GP said shld be alright, but I feel more assured when I hear from you all.

Can we buy folic acid off the shelf ? Any special brands? Sorry.. first-time mum and I'm still quite clueless..
welcome Alyssa! (i'm a newbie myself and i'm welcoming ppl! haha!!) :D

yup many of my friends recommend the folic acid from Unity pharmacy, as mentioned by coriela.

felicity

Hi surfeit, drink decaf coffee! :)
gynae says to cut down on caffeine, so i guess decaf should be ok? i was a big coffee addict, several years ago i could drink 6 cups a day at work, and i can drink an expresso at midnight and go straight to bed, no qualms about it at all. however this week i stopped drinking coffee because it's aroma which i'm usually hooked on, actually made me nauseous... blessing in disguise huh? keke... i have lots of cravings for soya milk though. have been drinking soya milk everyday since last sat!!

gynae also advised me not to eat raw fish, raw meat and raw eggs.

Lingz12

Hi mummies/ mummies-to-be!

Another new member reporting! Base on LMP, I should be 7 weeks.. Went for ultrasound with the gynae today, couldn't see anything.. So I opted for the internal scan bcos I am simply too anxious to see the little one.. So happy to see that flickering heart that I kept grinning.. :001_302: Gynae said I should be somewhere around 6 weeks only though.. =)

coriela

Hello Felicity! Wow, you are super fast in making appointment with gynae. I am still pondering which one to go with. lol

coriela

Welcome Lingz! :) Glad to know that your U/S and Scan went well today and you can see the baby's heartbeat.

May I know which gynae are you with?

Piglim

Hi all,

I m new to this thread too! My edd was initially 1st sept but e 2 scan postpone to 2nd sept. dont know why. I m now 9weeks pregnant. It's actually, well, considered my 1st pregnancy? Last year I was pregnant but got a miscarriage-it was an empty sac. Although e pregnancy was an "accident" my hubby n I were really upset. But anw that's e past n early this year we got this surprise! did not plan for a dragon baby actually...

I m seeing Dr L N Sim from Thomson. Not comfortable seeing a male gynae. Read lots of previous reviews about her n she's pretty nice. Is anyone seeing her too?

Have been experiencing very terrible MS (or rather sickness throughout e entire day). I heard it will go away after e 3rd month so I m crossing my fingers. Everything I eat I throw out ;((( it was so bad until I hugged my hubby n cried. I know they say having MS is good but I m just worried that e baby will not have any nutrients since I throw out everything. I m also watching e food I eat but it's really tough becos things like plain water n vegetables make me puke and any smell just put me off. Even brushing my teeth is a tough job cos it makes me vomit like mad. Is anyone hvin e same problem as me or is it just me. I just dont't feel like doing anything at all.

hello Piglim and congrats! :) oh dear, your MS sounds bad... I do have it but so far its been manageable so I'm still able to stomach food. If it gets really bad for you, please do consult your gynae becuz if you are throwing up too much, it is not good for you too. Yes some say that the presence of MS means that your pregnancy hormones are strong, which also means the pregnancy is going well. But that doesn't change the fact that MS sucks big time! ;p

Btw Caramellae, how did your scan go? I just had mine (7 weeks) yesterday & I saw my baby - about 1cm long & heard his heartbeat too! So exciting! :) :)
Hi Moonjellie! I just had my scan this morning (7weeks). Same as you, i saw the heartbeat and baby is 1cm! Feeling thankful! :001_302:

Based on the scan my EDD has changed. Now its 14 Sept :)

Take care ladies!

Hey Caramellae, that's great news! Based on my last scan, my EDD should be 7 Sep. When did your gynae schedule your next scan? My gynae told me to see her when I'm 10 weeks... that is in 2 weeks time. I can't wait! :)

lizzy2101

hi all, anyone knew or heard Dr Roland Chieng from parkway east hospital? im planning to go to him cos its nearby my place... thanks!

Hey Caramellae, that's great news! Based on my last scan, my EDD should be 7 Sep. When did your gynae schedule your next scan? My gynae told me to see her when I'm 10 weeks... that is in 2 weeks time. I can't wait! :)
Hi Moonjellie! Mine is a month from nw which should be in my 11th week. I'm sure you will be looking forward to your next scan. Update us okie! :)

coriela

Hi Caramellae,

I think should be ok. I also drink bubble tea as I simply love them. However, now, I tend to let it stand a bit so that it is not that cold before I drink them.

erlina040

Hi ladies,

Just wondered do ur hav tightening feeling at the uterus. Also don't know how to describe the feeling.. Just that it's no longer cramp kind of feeling..

I'm at my 5th week.

Thanks!

felicity

Hello Felicity! Wow, you are super fast in making appointment with gynae. I am still pondering which one to go with. lol
hee cos when i went for the scan i was 8+ week and the doc says do oscar test in week 10... we wanna quickly fix our package and fix all the appt... maybe i'm a bit too ganjiong lol :p

Hi Coriela,

My scan yesterday was with Dr Shamini from Raffles Women Clinic at Compass Point.. Hee..
I was with Dr Shamini at Raffles women clinic for my first scan too, on wed =) baby was 1.81 cm on wed, EDD 2 Sep 2012. was there to confirm my pregnancy first, but gg to Dr Benjamin Tham for my package~