EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Hi regenz, I had 2 bouts of flu earlier on too & doc had to prescribe me amoxicillin. But he assured me that this antibiotic is safe in pregnancy. But still, how good can all these medications be right? Sigh....

I'll be going for my Oscar scan next Friday :)

I completely understand what you gals are going through. i cannot stand meat smell currently. initially it was just pork now i cannot stand fish ( my mum and my mother in law keep cooking fish for me ) now 10 weeks + i think chicken is becoming unbearable too. My vegan friends will be so proud of me now haha...

Oh be extra careful about people coughing and sneezing near you and things you touch too.It is the flu season.BUY DISINFECTANT and wear mask if that person is not wearing .Unfortunately, me and my other male co worker caught an infection from another female co worker. I need to take antibiotics because of this baterical infection. Although, my gynae assure me that it is fine to consume (will not harm the little one) and he thinks it is safer to recover faster than to be expose to more germs and virus, i feel like i let my little one down. Hopefully everything will go fine from now on. Everyone please take extra care and only take meds recommended by your gynae (if you are down with flu)

Anyone went for blood test and OSCAR Scan yet ?

felicity

meltie, well done!! :D isn't it amazing to see the baby's heartbeats and its tiny little fidgeting inside you? yes it's magical! :)

yup i bring a small pack of meiji plain crackers in a tiny airtight box wherever i go... so sometimes i just need one slice, i can store the rest in the box and slowly eat on the go.

didn't get any carrots and potato and can't find any at home (not sure where also, cos i dun use the kitchen at all as i feel bad intruding my MIL's kitchen, and i can't stand the kitchen too)... i had this instant brown rice porridge from fancl that my colleague gave me. supposedly healthy instant meal as there's no artificial ingredients. colleague was very sweet cos i used to eat a lot of instant noodles if i stay back at work and she bought this microwaveable porridge for me. i brought it home to eat as dinner instead. it's very plain but plain is good, no smell so i can take it. :)

Radical thanks for sharing! i think i'm really in need of warm honey lemon now because it's also good for sore throat and my throat is getting kinda sore... ran outta lemon though... prob later go downstairs and see if i can find any in the mart.

regenz take care! a lot of my colleagues are down with flu too, sometimes really dont know how to siamz because they are all around me! :eek:

moonjellie haha my tummy is just below breast level above belly button... womb should be above pubic bone area... doc scan always below my belly button... kekeke :p

tonight i'm home alone! hubby gotta stay at work overnight, in-laws over at sister In law's place... gotta go do some laundry and sort out my clothes... store away some of the clothes i can't fit anymore and dig out my many old babydoll empire-cut tummy-hiding tops... keke~

Jofeny

ya! a lot of smells make me nauseous. =( yesterday mil as cooking some soup but the smell of the soup makes me throw up my breakfast and i totally lost appetite. end up she cooked up a storm for lunch but i hardly touch any dish and only had like 2 tablespoons of plain rice, yet threw up again after eating. later told hubby i wan fish soup beehoon for dinner and he went to buy for me, but in the end i threw up after eating. =( maybe i should try to make some porridge later... i used to like the carrot and potato porridge that my mum made when i was a kid... maybe later make some if mil didn't cook. i sure hope she's not cooking tonight!
I also had horrible MS during my first trimester.

The fact is.. The emptier your tummy, the more likely you will puke.

For me, dry stuff works wonder.

During my first trimester, I always have sprinkles potato chips beside my bed.. N hotdog bun.. Almond nuts is good too.. Dun ever let your tummy go empty.. As long as u r a bit ok.. pop in some nuts, eat some crackers.. Or potato chips.. Dun eat n drink at the same time.. Try to separate them. U can try to eat fruits too. Cos non oily n mostly sweet n a bit sour by nature.. My first 3 months I eat a lot of rock melon, apple, pears..

Remember: u need to eat in order not to puke. Sounds ridiculous right? But this is true.

felicity

thanks so much Jofeny!

yup i was feeling empty inside my tummy which makes me feel uncomfy, so i just had 3 slices of meiji plain crackers. it does help! :) going to bed now... goodnight all!

felicity

hope everyone had a great v day! i went out for dinner with a few ladies i worked with and it was good. after that bought dinner home for hubby and accompany him out to see doc... he's on MC =P

my symptoms are going away, except the nauseaus feeling... and constantly feeling tired. sometimes i'm v scared, esp one night i dreamt that my bb heart beat stopped =( woke up crying like mad, so depressed. my next appt is next tues, can't wait too see how my bb is...

lizzy2101

hope everyone had a great v day! i went out for dinner with a few ladies i worked with and it was good. after that bought dinner home for hubby and accompany him out to see doc... he's on MC =P

my symptoms are going away, except the nauseaus feeling... and constantly feeling tired. sometimes i'm v scared, esp one night i dreamt that my bb heart beat stopped =( woke up crying like mad, so depressed. my next appt is next tues, can't wait too see how my bb is...
Good morning felicity, aside from being tired everyday i am fine except for the occasional nausea if i smell something i dont like. It happened to me to woke up crying, my fiance was so worried about it. But its normal cos of our pregnancy hormones and paranoia :) have a great day!

Lingz12

Hi all.. I'm so sianz.. I always have a weak stomach.. Pregnancy seems to aggravate it further.. Keep having diarrhoea.. Sometimes everyday, sometimes every alternate days.. Mayb cos I have been eating pretty spicy food.. But if I dont take chilli, I just dont feel like eating.. Cos everything is tasteless to me.. :eek:10:

my mummy is getting kinda worried.. so asked me to rem ask gynae this sat if frequent diarrhoea is normal.. hope little one is hanging on strong despite my many visits to the washroom.. can't wait for the next visit this coming sat!

lizzy2101

Hi everyone, is OSCAR just a blood test and details scan? It is only tested for down syndrome?

An OSCAR screening will allow you to find out in your first trimester, if your baby has a high risk of chromosomal defects while the detail scan or Anomaly scan will examine all your baby's organs and take measurements.

Juan

An OSCAR screening will allow you to find out in your first trimester, if your baby has a high risk of chromosomal defects while the detail scan or Anomaly scan will examine all your baby's organs and take measurements.
OSCAR is just the blood test?

felicity

Good morning felicity, aside from being tired everyday i am fine except for the occasional nausea if i smell something i dont like. It happened to me to woke up crying, my fiance was so worried about it. But its normal cos of our pregnancy hormones and paranoia :) have a great day!
thanks lizzy! *hugs*

Hi all.. I'm so sianz.. I always have a weak stomach.. Pregnancy seems to aggravate it further.. Keep having diarrhoea.. Sometimes everyday, sometimes every alternate days.. Mayb cos I have been eating pretty spicy food.. But if I dont take chilli, I just dont feel like eating.. Cos everything is tasteless to me.. :eek:10:

my mummy is getting kinda worried.. so asked me to rem ask gynae this sat if frequent diarrhoea is normal.. hope little one is hanging on strong despite my many visits to the washroom.. can't wait for the next visit this coming sat!
same here... i eat a lot of spicy stuff! i keep craving for curry (i'm always a curry lover since young) and all kinds of local spicy food like laksa, prata with lots of curry, fish soup with lot of chilli padi... but hubby is super worried, he think eating spicy food will hv effect on the bb n prob he thinks it's negative effect! the last time he bought dinner for me without the chilli padi... it really wasn't appetizing at all!

hope all our babies stay strong and sticky!!

lizzy2101

thanks lizzy! *hugs*

same here... i eat a lot of spicy stuff! i keep craving for curry (i'm always a curry lover since young) and all kinds of local spicy food like laksa, prata with lots of curry, fish soup with lot of chilli padi... but hubby is super worried, he think eating spicy food will hv effect on the bb n prob he thinks it's negative effect! the last time he bought dinner for me without the chilli padi... it really wasn't appetizing at all!

hope all our babies stay strong and sticky!!
it's safe to eat spicy food during pregnancy but sometimes they make you uncomfortable. Many pregnant women suffer from heartburn, and spicy food aggravate that.

reiann

hi all,

I can't believe I didn't join this thread earlier!

I'm about 8 to 9 weeks along now, and I'm hoping with all my heart that my nausea will start to abate. it's killing me, feeling so nauseous every day, every hour, every minute. I have forgotten what it feels like to be normal, and to eat like I used to - i.e. a few large, satisfying meals a day.

have any of you start to NOT feel nauseous anymore? (for those who have nausea in the first place - I know some lucky women don't feel nauseous at all). come on, give me something to look forward to!

are any of you going to test your baby for down syndrome? I'm very torn about this one - if I test, there may be a very high chance of a false positive, which would make me worried sick and would make me go for the more invasive amniocentesis, but there is a 1 in 100 chance the baby will miscarry. jeez.

have you all started to buy maternity clothes? a larger bra size? I now only wear billowy dresses.. but running out of them for work. and my current bras are just getting too damn tight for me. grr.

catch you all around!

felicity

My EDD 02 Sep :shyxxx:
^5! mine too!! :)

reiann, i'm still feeling nauseous on and off... going for oscar test next tuesday. i nv read up much so i didn't know there may be false positive or any complication. omg now u r scaring me!

i've just bought new bras last sat, mine are all wired and tight, suffocating me! after a long search i finally found something i can fit in nicely and feel comfortable in. maternity clothes wise... anxious me have already bought maternity pants online! XD but my tops are generally very loose fitting as i've a big tummy to hide, so my tops are still fine to wear now =) hope our nauseous feeling will go away soon! :D

jaspzz

^5! mine too!! :)

reiann, i'm still feeling nauseous on and off... going for oscar test next tuesday. i nv read up much so i didn't know there may be false positive or any complication. omg now u r scaring me!

i've just bought new bras last sat, mine are all wired and tight, suffocating me! after a long search i finally found something i can fit in nicely and feel comfortable in. maternity clothes wise... anxious me have already bought maternity pants online! XD but my tops are generally very loose fitting as i've a big tummy to hide, so my tops are still fine to wear now =) hope our nauseous feeling will go away soon! :D
Which hospital?