anyone engaged confinment lady from PEM confinement agency?

pkshl

As i need a confinement lady in july09. my gf has recommended me this confinement agency, juz wondering if anyone has heard of it or ever used their service b4?

this is the website. Welcome

yee1979

I've used their services before in 2007. IMHO, their CLs are not up to standard, although the agency was helpful in looking for a replacement for me, since I couldn't stand the first CL they sent to me. Anyway, the 2nd CL was a bit better only, but still not up to standard & very proud that they have an agent to represent them.

I realise that these CLs need an agency to represent them because they are not as good (in terms of knowledge, skills) as those who do freelance through recommendations. Their salary is also MUCH MUCH lower, as part of the fee you pay goes to the agency. But they have to accept it because they can't find people to do confinement themselves (i.e. thru recommendations).

This time round, I'd rather hire a CL recommended by friend/relative, rather than taking one from an agency because You cannot choose the CL; She is assigned to you, so depends on your luck if u get good or bad one.

The agency is not bad, but their CLs are another issue.

kathtan

I was looking ard for CL and tried calling them. When the lady boss heard that i am expecting, the next question was that "do i have a maid" and "does the Cl have a room on her own"? My ans to both was no as space is a contraint and thus CL is to sleep with me(on the fl) and although no maid, may try to engage one later. Straightaway she replied, if no maid then cannot. With that, i thanked her and cross out the agency from my list.

Actually my maid is coming lah but I just can't stand the way she asked those questions. Just my opinion.

Angel9

OMG!!!

I sent my deposit to PEM a month ago. They did not contact me.
And I contacted them this week to check.
And they said they did not receive my cheque! I sent it in the pre-paid envelope that they gave me!

Anyway, so now they said, since we did not receive your deposit, you have to top up $300 because we are nearly fully booked!

When the consultant came to visit us, they did not say they will extort extra money if they are fully booked. They only said they will not accept anymore clients if fully booked.

omg!!

Is this legal?? This is clearly extortion!

Angel9

this is ridiculous.
they came to visit us with a consultant in Feb 2012 (it is now march 2012), and we agreed on the costs, etc.
they provided 2 pre-paid envelopes for us to send them paperwork and cheques.
i sent them the deposit as agreed ($700 at that time) in their own pre-paid envelope.
more than 2 weeks later, we did not hear from them so i contacted them about sending me a receipt for my cheque.
they got their "finance director" to contact me and this person said, "oh, we have not received your cheque but we have decided to make everyone who book in may, pay extra".

now the truth is, did they or did they not receive my cheque? if they did, it is a binding agreement for the agreed fee when they came to consult. if they "did not" receive my cheque, they can claim we never agreed on the price.

there is no legal document and they did not provide me with any legal provision that they have the freedom to any how jack up their prices as they wish.

so claiming that they have decided to make everyone who book in may 2012 pay extra, is EXTORTION. so what if they are very busy or fully booked or whatever? they have said previously that if they are fully booked, they will NOT book any more clients. at no time did they say they are going to EXTORT or jack up their prices.

if you do more research into PEM, you will find that 8 or 9 out of 10 people who have engaged them are NOT happy with their services. so what if they provide "unlimited" exchange of confinement nanny? their nannies are lousy! some nannies even said they didn not go through any special training with PEM. just some couple hours of talks.

the reason PEM can claim they are very popular and have the most number of licence applications with MOM is simply because they advertise VERY heavily. every month in almost every mother/baby magazine, they have a FULL page full colour advertisement.

i was going to sign up with PEM but after this incident, i do not trust them at all. they have no integrity! they are basically lying and trying to extort money.

the last agency i went with, unfortunately currently has problems with MOM. but their integirty was SUPERB. and the nanny they sent us was VERY GOOD and very reliable and serious. that agency actually let us pay the deposit ONE month before i was due. and i could pay the whole package in 6 instalments. this is called TRUST. they trust us and we can trust them. they did not require us to pay upfront and did not try to extort us when they were going to be fully booked.

PEM is embarrassing compared to my previous agency.

Jenni

this is ridiculous.
they came to visit us with a consultant in Feb 2012 (it is now march 2012), and we agreed on the costs, etc.
they provided 2 pre-paid envelopes for us to send them paperwork and cheques.
i sent them the deposit as agreed ($700 at that time) in their own pre-paid envelope.
more than 2 weeks later, we did not hear from them so i contacted them about sending me a receipt for my cheque.
they got their "finance director" to contact me and this person said, "oh, we have not received your cheque but we have decided to make everyone who book in may, pay extra".

now the truth is, did they or did they not receive my cheque? if they did, it is a binding agreement for the agreed fee when they came to consult. if they "did not" receive my cheque, they can claim we never agreed on the price.

there is no legal document and they did not provide me with any legal provision that they have the freedom to any how jack up their prices as they wish.

so claiming that they have decided to make everyone who book in may 2012 pay extra, is EXTORTION. so what if they are very busy or fully booked or whatever? they have said previously that if they are fully booked, they will NOT book any more clients. at no time did they say they are going to EXTORT or jack up their prices.

if you do more research into PEM, you will find that 8 or 9 out of 10 people who have engaged them are NOT happy with their services. so what if they provide "unlimited" exchange of confinement nanny? their nannies are lousy! some nannies even said they didn not go through any special training with PEM. just some couple hours of talks.

the reason PEM can claim they are very popular and have the most number of licence applications with MOM is simply because they advertise VERY heavily. every month in almost every mother/baby magazine, they have a FULL page full colour advertisement.

i was going to sign up with PEM but after this incident, i do not trust them at all. they have no integrity! they are basically lying and trying to extort money.

the last agency i went with, unfortunately currently has problems with MOM. but their integirty was SUPERB. and the nanny they sent us was VERY GOOD and very reliable and serious. that agency actually let us pay the deposit ONE month before i was due. and i could pay the whole package in 6 instalments. this is called TRUST. they trust us and we can trust them. they did not require us to pay upfront and did not try to extort us when they were going to be fully booked.

PEM is embarrassing compared to my previous agency.
Hi Angel,

Oh they actually get more money frm u? I engage them in 2009, the service is ok for me... The nanny come is also gd, i have engage the nanny again this time too... Think it depends on each nanny, some is gd some may be bad...

yeoymp

Hi Jenni

How good is their service? I mean is their nanny send to you was good enough? When is due? so you have book them already?

1st time i want to get from agency so a bit hesitating to get from which 1

Hi Angel,

Oh they actually get more money frm u? I engage them in 2009, the service is ok for me... The nanny come is also gd, i have engage the nanny again this time too... Think it depends on each nanny, some is gd some may be bad...

Jenni

Hi Jenni

How good is their service? I mean is their nanny send to you was good enough? When is due? so you have book them already?

1st time i want to get from agency so a bit hesitating to get from which 1
The nanny i got is gd, what ever things i request she will listen to me... We talk before she start works... she cook for my hubby and my daughter, sometime she even help to feed my elder ger... To me over all the nanny is gd, this time round i employ her again but not tru agents, i contact her myself... I due on 29 June... Agents now increase very high... Heard that there is 1 at hourbour front too, that one alot of bad feedback, i don't dare to try them...

Angel9

The nanny i got is gd, what ever things i request she will listen to me... We talk before she start works... she cook for my hubby and my daughter, sometime she even help to feed my elder ger... To me over all the nanny is gd, this time round i employ her again but not tru agents, i contact her myself... I due on 29 June... Agents now increase very high... Heard that there is 1 at hourbour front too, that one alot of bad feedback, i don't dare to try them...
hi jenni,
how do you apply for the work permit and the health checks?
thanks

Jenni

hi jenni,
how do you apply for the work permit and the health checks?
thanks
Work permit apply online will do lor... as for health check i donno if there is a need, my 1st nanny i emplor myself too, i didn't apply for work permit, she jus come work 2 weeks go back chop and back again...

Angel9

Work permit apply online will do lor... as for health check i donno if there is a need, my 1st nanny i emplor myself too, i didn't apply for work permit, she jus come work 2 weeks go back chop and back again...
ummm so you don't know if the nanny has infectious diseases?

Jenni

ummm so you don't know if the nanny has infectious diseases?
My 1st nanny is into by my relative, my 2nd is by agent, for agent they will have the nanny to do all check up everything so is ok, this time i employ back my 2nd nanny, she is still with agent jus i book her myself without going tru the agent. For the check up is up to u weather u wan her to do the check up or not. If u don wan to do all this ur own maybe u go book by agent, they will have all done like check up or work permit.

i engaged a confinement nanny from PEM when i gave birth in Nov last year. thank god the nanny they send to my home was good n able to speak english....reason being my hubby is indian n although im chinese....my mandarin is not that fantastic.....

the nanny cooked for me n hubby n washes all the clothes including my hubby's.

Angel9

i engaged a confinement nanny from PEM when i gave birth in Nov last year. thank god the nanny they send to my home was good n able to speak english....reason being my hubby is indian n although im chinese....my mandarin is not that fantastic.....

the nanny cooked for me n hubby n washes all the clothes including my hubby's.
yes the nannies are not usually too bad. it is the PEM company that has a problem trying to rip people off just becoz it is "dragon year".

temari

yes the nannies are not usually too bad. it is the PEM company that has a problem trying to rip people off just becoz it is "dragon year".
i also engaged pemconfinement nanny. i also worry they assign no experience one to me, even though i already told them.

Angel9

hi,

anyone looking for day nanny? i have a nanny looking for day care confinement. she is very experienced. trained with the hospitals in singapore. from malaysia. normal rates. no exorbitant rip-offs. PM me asap as all the annies are taken up quickly this year.

she is also looking for live-in confinement, so let me know if you need live-in or day care only.

i am not an agent and not related to any nanny. i am not making a single cent from recommendations. just want to help out and to save people from companies like PEM ripping people off.

thanks

jaslinekho

Hi,

PEM Confinement Nanny Agency is one of the best confinement nanny agency in Singapore why because they are having around 15 years of experience and well trained nannies for confinements. In the last year November i engaged a nanny from PEM Confinement Nanny Agency for my first confinement. The CL from PEM was very nice. She is very caring and also loves born babies. She took care of my baby for bathing, changing diapers, washing clothes and everything. She was cleaned washroom almost daily, ans she was very helpful in house works. She cooks very well, she made a different dishes for me everyday and made food to my family also. She prepare soups for me and she did everything for us, and prepare herbals to me for bath. Thanks to PEM for providing such kind of nannies for confinement. Now my baby is very healthy and active too.

gemmielim

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
Hi all,

I agree a good confinement nanny is very hard to engaged and i would like to share my experience with my confinement nanny. But PEM COnfinement Nanny Agency is great with their services.My CL is from PEM Confinement Nanny Agency, she was recommended from my Boss too! Initially we have some doubts about her experiences but she soon familiarize herself and is a great help to us.

The day she was arrived, i was discharge from the hospital, after putting my baby to sleep, she was introduced to me, my parents-in-law, my elder son and my hubby... next, she prepare my bath water with herbals, tea and getting ready to cook dinner. I show her around my house and taught her how to use the vacuum cleaner, washing machine, stove and other electrical appliances and then kitchen and also the laundry area. After my bath, i went to take rest, When I woke up at my dinner time and it was amazed that she cooked for the whole family and she took care of my baby and also gave some advise how to breast-feed to my baby. During at night time also she took care of everything. As the week goes by, my baby is able to latch well and her confinement food was really superb. On the third week, she also taught my maid baby handling skills and show patience towards my elder boy. She also gets along well with my both my parents-in-law. During the last week, I was worried that my baby 'hooked' to latching on during feeding, I asked her to help me ,she took care [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]during the process and I'm really please with her performance.

As our family members really appreciate her help rendered. Till now, my parents-in-law still mentioned about her during our conversation.

She was indeed a great help and I really wish mummies could get this kind of help during your confinement period. [/FONT][/FONT]

jaslinekho

i used PEM too, my auntie is really good and the staff who serve me is pretty friendly :Dancing_wub:
That's great, PEM Confinement Nanny Agency is the best Nanny Agency in Singapore and they provide a well experienced nannies for confinements. The nannies from PEM Agency will provide a good services. I think all mummies will be happy with the services of PEM Agency. I hope every one is happy who engaged a nanny from PEM for their confinement.