Good gynae for complicated pregnancies?

alisonj

hi ladies,

was wondering if anyone can recommend a gynae who's good with complicated pregnancies. I'm currently about 7 weeks pregnant. this is my 2nd pregnancy.
my first pregnancy was terminated at 23 weeks via induced labour after a series of probs which started with heavy bleeding with clots at 18 weeks. i was later diagnosed with a low-lying placenta, developed leakage of amniotic fluid, contractions, and finally strep b infection.
hoping to avoid all of that this time and want to know if anyone can recommend a good and thorough gynae experienced in such cases. anyone experienced such problems themselves?
thanks lovelies.

adelynn

Hi

My #1 pregnancy was high risk, with bleeding through my pregnancy from week 6 till birth, pre-eclampsia diagnosed at week 14, early contractions at week 18 and im happy to tell you #1 is now a 2 year old toddler. All thanks to my gynae who specializes in high risk. Her name is Dr. JJ Chee, she has moved out from KKH to her private practice. Now with #2, I am going back to her for fear of the complications again. She now operates from her clinic at Paragon. her website is togc.sg

perhaps you want to call up her clinic or visit her to see if you are comfortable. the bottom line for any high risk pregnancy is that you as a MTB must be able to have complete trust in your gynae and be totally comfortable. I like JJ Chee because she will very pragmatically call out the pros and cons, risks and complications that we will take on with every decision that we make along the way.

:)

alisonj

gosh.. i'm sorry you had to go through so much.. but glad that everything turned out fine for you in the end.
thanks for the doctor's information. will prob do some research and check her out.
were you put on bedrest throughout your first pregnancy? what was the bleeding caused by?

Hi

My #1 pregnancy was high risk, with bleeding through my pregnancy from week 6 till birth, pre-eclampsia diagnosed at week 14, early contractions at week 18 and im happy to tell you #1 is now a 2 year old toddler. All thanks to my gynae who specializes in high risk. Her name is Dr. JJ Chee, she has moved out from Kandang Kerbau Hospital to her private practice. Now with #2, I am going back to her for fear of the complications again. She now operates from her clinic at Paragon. her website is togc.sg

perhaps you want to call up her clinic or visit her to see if you are comfortable. the bottom line for any high risk pregnancy is that you as a MTB must be able to have complete trust in your gynae and be totally comfortable. I like JJ Chee because she will very pragmatically call out the pros and cons, risks and complications that we will take on with every decision that we make along the way.

:)

adelynn

Yes, bed rest but not throughout the pregnancy (and hormones meds and jabs all through pregnancy.) I kinda refused to be placed on bed rest unless really required cuz im a pretty active person by nature and had work commitments then.

bleeding was because pregnancy was originally a set of twins, but lost 1 fetus at week 8 and was struggling through the pregnancy since the loss.

alisonj

hi hi...

i'm so sorry for your loss. may your child's soul rest in peace.

Yes, bed rest but not throughout the pregnancy (and hormones meds and jabs all through pregnancy.) I kinda refused to be placed on bed rest unless really required cuz im a pretty active person by nature and had work commitments then.

bleeding was because pregnancy was originally a set of twins, but lost 1 fetus at week 8 and was struggling through the pregnancy since the loss.