Infant Potty training

lyra

I'm thinking of potty training my son when he's 3 months old. I read about it and its possible to start it young. In fact, babies have natural instinct to not wet their beds. Babies lose their instinct if they learn to use their diapers as toilet and then unlearning this at a later age is more stressful for them. I asked my mother in law about it and she said her sons were potty trained like that. Even before they learn to crawl and sit, they were brought to the potty and taught to poo there instead of using disposable diapers. Anyone has this experience of potty training your babies this young?

ast0212

Hi Lyra, I haven't tried this before but have heard of it where some babies never wear nappies at all! Some people call it Elimination Communication (EC) and it is very interesting! There's heaps of resources online about how to get started and parents' experiences on it too.

All the best for it! :001_302:

lyra

I did part time elimination communication as I dun have confidence to do a full time yet. My baby poo and shee into the potty for the first time today! He's only 3 month old.

lyra

I put him in cloth nappy all the time for a period of days. Then I know when he pee and poo. Yup, initially you will get pee and poo all over your clothes, baby's clothes and the floor.

Hi!! But hw to know when baby gg to pee n bring them to potty??

doraemn

Okok... My bb wear diapers n guess it will b kinda difficult to train... Hv to wait till at ltr stage :)

hotmilktea

I put him in cloth nappy all the time for a period of days. Then I know when he pee and poo. Yup, initially you will get pee and poo all over your clothes, baby's clothes and the floor.
Lyra I can't private message u, can u clear ur inbox ? :)