Mount Elizabeth, anyone?

Hi mummies,

Has anyone delivered in Mount Elizabeth before or taken a tour to see the labor ward in Mount E? My gynae is from there and I'd like to find out more about Mount Elizabeth. I was told that it is the most expensive hospital to give birth but wonder if it's the best?

Thanks and cheers!

sora

Hi Perky,
I also wanna know... My gynae only delivers @ Mt E.. I am also worried about the cost..
Anyone pls help? :)

mommytobe

Yes, Im seeing Dr Chew SC @MT E. Each visit can cost me around 300+. Anyone knows how much is the delivery cost in Mt E??

Yes, Im seeing Dr Chew SC @MT E. Each visit can cost me around 300+. Anyone knows how much is the delivery cost in Mt E??
Don't your gynae provide you a package? My clinic provides a package for me, which in turn, should be cheaper than paying each visit individually. I only pay for my gynae consultation now. All other scans have been paid for during my 1st visit. Maybe you can ask if your clinic provides such a service? :)

silvia k

I was seeing dr kowa nam sing, he is very good gynae and very confidence
I was giving birth in 2010 the bill come abt $6k for 2 bedded room i was in caesarian 3 days 2 nite

I was seeing dr kowa nam sing, he is very good gynae and very confidence
I was giving birth in 2010 the bill come abt $6k for 2 bedded room i was in caesarian 3 days 2 nite
Hi,

I was given the price of delivering in Mount E by the nurse from my clinic. If I didn't remember wrongly, the package for my gynae is about $7k for natural birth and $8k for Caesarian for a 1-bedded room. Wonder if the rendered prices are accurate... :rolleyes:

esoterice

Mt E is not the most exp, Gleneagles is the most exp I believe..

I will be delivering in Mt E too.. different gynae got diff package and prices leh.. u need to check with yr gynae..

Mt E is not the most exp, Gleneagles is the most exp I believe..

I will be delivering in Mt E too.. different gynae got diff package and prices leh.. u need to check with yr gynae..
Ah ha!!! Thank god Mount E isn't the most expensive hospital! Yeah, I would think the prices quoted are for different gynaes too... :D

I just delivered in end Jan. Total bill before medisave 7.6k. Mine is natural without epidural. I stayed in single room and extended one night, with boarder. My gynae fees composed 2.5k or so and pd fees $300. Hence ward and delivery room charges is abt 4k for standard 2 night pkg. Extension night was abt $700.

The hospital was fantastic. I was in delivery suite throughout, no need to wait elsewhere then move to the suite which I think is what happens in Thomson. The nurses, midwives, LC are all courteous and helpful. Worth every cent I paid

I just delivered in end Jan. Total bill before medisave 7.6k. Mine is natural without epidural. I stayed in single room and extended one night, with boarder. My gynae fees composed 2.5k or so and pd fees $300. Hence ward and delivery room charges is abt 4k for standard 2 night pkg. Extension night was abt $700.

The hospital was fantastic. I was in delivery suite throughout, no need to wait elsewhere then move to the suite which I think is what happens in Thomson. The nurses, midwives, LC are all courteous and helpful. Worth every cent I paid
Congrats on your smooth delivery! And thanks for sharing your experience with Mount E here with us. I am still being kinda skeptical about Mount E and their services as my gf who also delivered there told me that Mount E didn't meet up to her expectations. Anyway, I didn't know what to expect... Lol

serenelm

Hihi, I've delivered 3 boys at Mt E previously (2002, 2004, 2008) and will be delivering there again this Sept/Oct. So far, the service at the maternity wards vary. Service from local or Phil nurses are much better and more attentive than PRC nurses who tend to be more boh chup/abrupt in their service. So it oso depends which wards u stay in.

As for the delivery ward nurses, they're generally friendly n okie. Just that they tend not to rush abt for u even if u're in severe pain. Instead they work as per regular pace. I guess they're "immune" after seeing so many MTBs day in day out. I kept asking for pain relief once i arrive at the hospital during my previous deliveries (alrdy 9cm dilated) but the nurses kept saying "Wait first, I need to check u out and talk to ur gynae first". And they kept asking me not to keep breathing in the laughing gas, instead to use it only when I'm in pain. But hey, at 9cm dilated, I'm in constant pain every min, so how to stop breathing in the laughing gas?? Luckily after my gynae arrived, he told the nurse that it was actually okie for me to keep using the laughing gas to take the pain away :)

serenelm

But I oso know that Mt E has been renovated, so I'm hoping that the wards are nicer now. It used to be quite old looking previously.

chiro san

Hi there,

I've delivered my DD at Mt E last year Nov. It was a great experience. I'll definitely go back there again if i were to have my no.2. hee. During my stay there, the nurses were very nice and helpful. The ward is nice, and my visitors were wow-ed by their lobby. haha. And the lactation consultant was amazing :D I am still breastfeeding till today. I've been to their maternity tour, i would encourage you to attend with your hubby, so that you will know what to expect on your big day!

Take care and all the best!

Hihi, I've delivered 3 boys at Mt E previously (2002, 2004, 2008) and will be delivering there again this Sept/Oct. So far, the service at the maternity wards vary. Service from local or Phil nurses are much better and more attentive than PRC nurses who tend to be more boh chup/abrupt in their service. So it oso depends which wards u stay in.

As for the delivery ward nurses, they're generally friendly n okie. Just that they tend not to rush abt for u even if u're in severe pain. Instead they work as per regular pace. I guess they're "immune" after seeing so many MTBs day in day out. I kept asking for pain relief once i arrive at the hospital during my previous deliveries (alrdy 9cm dilated) but the nurses kept saying "Wait first, I need to check u out and talk to ur gynae first". And they kept asking me not to keep breathing in the laughing gas, instead to use it only when I'm in pain. But hey, at 9cm dilated, I'm in constant pain every min, so how to stop breathing in the laughing gas?? Luckily after my gynae arrived, he told the nurse that it was actually okie for me to keep using the laughing gas to take the pain away :)
Really thanks for sharing! And wow!!! Congrats on your #4!!! ;) so in all, how many stars would you rate Mount E (1 being the best and 10 being the worst)? :eek:

Hi there,

I've delivered my DD at Mt E last year Nov. It was a great experience. I'll definitely go back there again if i were to have my no.2. hee. During my stay there, the nurses were very nice and helpful. The ward is nice, and my visitors were wow-ed by their lobby. haha. And the lactation consultant was amazing :D I am still breastfeeding till today. I've been to their maternity tour, i would encourage you to attend with your hubby, so that you will know what to expect on your big day!

It's great that you're still breast feeding!!! It seemed that you've been really awed by Mount E services. I can rest assure and give birth there at ease now... Hehe! How do we go about having the maternity tour? Just call up and tell them we'd like to take a tour as I'll be delivering there?

When u go on your gynae visit can join the tour actually. Their desk is right opp the hospital entrance. Tour daily 4 pm. Can call them to book slot beforehand too.

The wards are newly reno. Believe ward 4B is newer than 4A. I enjoyed my stay so much that I extended a night lor.. Haha.. But really shiok. There is also a celebratory dinner for 2. Since most of that menu not suitable for confinement, we chose the celebration mini buffet so our visitors can hv some snacks. The snacks were not bad. I checked w my friend who delivered at Gleneagles single room, they didn't hv free celebration dinner. Was only for the superior rooms. But at mt e, it was offered to single room

chiro san

It's great that you're still breast feeding!!! It seemed that you've been really awed by Mount E services. I can rest assure and give birth there at ease now... Hehe! How do we go about having the maternity tour? Just call up and tell them we'd like to take a tour as I'll be delivering there?
Yup, just call them up n they will schedule u for the next available slot :) oh ya! By e way, the food they serve in mt e is good too. They have nourishing soup u can order from your room. Like room service haha!

serenelm

Really thanks for sharing! And wow!!! Congrats on your #4!!! ;) so in all, how many stars would you rate Mount E (1 being the best and 10 being the worst)? :eek:
Thanks :) I would rate it a 7 cos overall everything's quite good. I esp liked the special dinner that they prepared for the new daddy and mummy, nice gesture. I oso heard that nowadays, they provide complimentary parking for maternity patients? If so,that would be great too cos the parking there is so expensive.

serenelm

Hi there,

I'm glad the lactation consultant's better now. When I was there previously, she was very hurried each time she popped by my room. Not sure if it was cos she saw my other kids there n assumed I would hv no problem bf baby. She popped in for a 2 mins kind of visit to ask "everything okay? Latching okay?". When I said "quite okay". Then she dashed out le :)