EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Brenbelle

Thanks rosemummy, was pretty shocked to see why I my baby bum grow so fast, don't like to be too fat though..

I am sure from what you have described, the detailed scan must be very exciting, esp. when we are able to confirm on the gender of the little one. Hopefully everything goes well. :)

autumn82

Gd luck felicity, may your wish come true :)

Erm, don't think too much. Prob too tired.

congrats to all the mummies who have done their detailed scans! mine will be tomorrow..

in my office as i'm typing this.. last night at over 1am.. i wanted to sleep but my hair's wet, so i went to the living room n on the dim lights to blowdry my hair as i didn't want to do it in my room whr hubby's asleep.. i saw a shadow walked pass my right and i thought my hubby was awake, i turned around and saw no one. thinking maybe i'm just too tired n eyes playing tricks on me, i continued to blowdry, but another shadow walked pass.. on my right then to my left.. i turned 360 deg.. there is no one. and a third time a shadow walked pass my right.. i utterly freaked out, off my hair dryer and the lights and head straight to bed, shivering. this morning i woke up and still feeling very traumatized :( bless me and my baby.. :07:

autumn82

Yes yes, I realised this round, the tummy just ballooned like no one's biz. >_<

I'm still tapping on my "reserves" though.. Hopefully it will last and I don't gain like the previous 2 pregnancies.. LOL!!!

Congrats tealeaf and rosemummy! :)

My detailed scan will be on 28th of this month, feeling excited & anxious as getting to see the little one again.

By the way, any mummies experience the baby bum growing fast within time span of 2 weeks? Just 2 weeks ago, my hubby said my tummy is still quite flat, now it had grown to an obvious bum, weight gained around 2 kg so far. Felt so worried that I may become fat and clumsy within the next few months if this continues, still got another 5 more months to go! :(

autumn82

I'm also expecting a girl this round! :D

My boy was dressed in all colours, even pink, so doesn't really matters. But for this round, I missed the pink so much (my last pinkish affair was 8 years ago!) So, it's gonna be pinkish, reds, yellows, blah blah blah.. :D

Pinks are just so sweet :D

hi all,

glad to hear all seems to be well with all of you.

just something to keep you all mothers-to-be of a september baby:
why would you want to have a boy or a girl? especially a boy. why? why this gender expectation?

and even more shocking from what I've read earlier, why would you go shopping for blue baby stuff once you know you're expecting a boy???

I'm expecting a girl, delighted in any case, because I saw her sucking her thumb on the ultrasound. I have already bought some baby rompers, some white, some yellow, some pink, and some blue :)

blue is not only for boys, and pink not only for girls.

wanting to have a boy - is it cos you think a boy will fulfill what your expectations of a boy/male will be?

rosemummy

Congrats Mummy Autumn!

Pink is my favourite colour too! I bought a lot of blue which i think suitable for both girl and boy la!

Time to think of girls accessories! :)

I'm also expecting a girl this round! :D

My boy was dressed in all colours, even pink, so doesn't really matters. But for this round, I missed the pink so much (my last pinkish affair was 8 years ago!) So, it's gonna be pinkish, reds, yellows, blah blah blah.. :D

Pinks are just so sweet :D

Brenbelle

Hi autumn 82, you mean your previous two pregnancies are not the same? Since it started 'ballooning' at this point, will it continue like that for the next few months? This is my first baby so need all the feedbacks I can gather. Thanks. :)
Yes yes, I realised this round, the tummy just ballooned like no one's biz. >_<

I'm still tapping on my "reserves" though.. Hopefully it will last and I dont't gain like the previous 2 pregnancies.. LOL!!!

autumn82

Hi Mommy Brenbelle

Erm, for my previous 2 pregnancies, it wasn't as obvious as the current one. And yes, it will continue to grow bigger and bigger until u feel like there's insufficient space for more stretching.. >_<

But don't worry, it's normal! :D

Hi autumn 82, you mean your previous two pregnancies are not the same? Since it started 'ballooning' at this point, will it continue like that for the next few months? This is my first baby so need all the feedbacks I can gather. Thanks. :)

DiceWee

Wah scarrryyyyy!!

This happens before? Or this is your first time? Try not to think of that cuz that is your own house & positive positive (Good energy can chase evil away) !! Wish everything fine for you & hope your scan goes well ya :Dancing_tongue:

congrats to all the mummies who have done their detailed scans! mine will be tomorrow..

in my office as i'm typing this.. last night at over 1am.. i wanted to sleep but my hair's wet, so i went to the living room n on the dim lights to blowdry my hair as i didn't want to do it in my room whr hubby's asleep.. i saw a shadow walked pass my right and i thought my hubby was awake, i turned around and saw no one. thinking maybe i'm just too tired n eyes playing tricks on me, i continued to blowdry, but another shadow walked pass.. on my right then to my left.. i turned 360 deg.. there is no one. and a third time a shadow walked pass my right.. i utterly freaked out, off my hair dryer and the lights and head straight to bed, shivering. this morning i woke up and still feeling very traumatized :( bless me and my baby.. :07:

tealeaf

Should I still make a wish for a baby boy since my details scan on fixed on 23.05.
although my gynae already said is a girl :wewub: :p
LOL juan, I am like you! Let's cross our fingers.

felicity, I got goosebumps when I read your entry leh..... luckily my hubby is with me and not on biz trip. If not I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night to pee. :001_07:
All the best for tomorrow's detailed scan :)

Thanks brenbelle! I am like you. few weeks ago, my stomach was still quite flat. suddenly one day I noticed my stomach grows. My hubby who was just back from biz trip for 2 weeks also mentioned that. But my bum is still not obvious though because our relatives and friends said they did not know I was pregnant until I told them.

I tried to gain weight, but so far I am unsuccessful :( I hope to gain at least 8-10 kg for this pregnancy.

reiann, I also don't think that boy should be dressed blue and can't be pink. I have all colors of clothes already, courtesy from my sister. As wanting to have boy, my family consist of 5 girls (mum and me and my siblings) and 1 man. That's why I want boy to increase the number of man in my family. My hubby is also the only son in the family with 2 sisters.
But girl also fine by me lah.... It's not die die have to be boy mah...

Brenbelle

Hi tealeaf, I thought I was the only 'alien' on why I ballooned suddenly. Just hope the bum not too big for me to carry as I am of small built. Sigh, think weight gain is a must to prove that the little one is growing daily but make us mummies fat.

All the best for your detailed scan..

Last edited:

felicity

thanks everyone... i was super traumatized the whole day but when i got home after work and looked around my living room again, i decided to convince myself that my eyes are playing tricks on me... i believe i've been nice and will receive only good karma and always be surrounded by positive vibes ^^ haha... :001_302:

but despite psychoing myself w all the 'positive vibes thinking'... i've been puking more and more these days! it's horrible >< today i puked right after i've eaten lunch... and after that i keep having a burning sensation in my tummy but no appetite to eat anything, so end up wih only a hot chocolate... then some soup for dinner... couldn't eat much of the rice and ended up throwing away. =/ tomorrow gonna ask my doc about it. hmm.. maybe baby wants to help me fulfill my long time dream - to lose weight. hahaha!

thanks all mamas for the well wishes and all the best for all... can't wait for my detailed scan tomorrow! :)

tealeaf

purpur, there are the list of suggestions obtained from my gynae:
- avoid fatty, spicy, and rich foods
- eat small frequent meals
- eat and drink slowly
- drink fluids between, rather than with meals
- do not rush around right after meals
- sleep with extra pillow under your head
- last, consult your doctor

felicity,
how's your detailed scan? =)

Juan

Tealeaf, currently I started to have heartburn too, I sleep with extra pillow since I pregnant till now but I could not avoid spicy & sour food, just craving for it..

tealeaf

Tealeaf, currently I started to have heartburn too, I sleep with extra pillow since I pregnant till now but I could not avoid spicy & sour food, just craving for it..
juan, I also always crave for spicy food. But so far ok. I try to limit the spiciness.

Brenbelle

Hi purpur, I got these information online, you can try any of these below.
- Stay upright
- Drink a large glass of water as soon as you feel the first flicker of a heartburn
- Drink heartburn-easing tea
- Drink a tablespoon of vinegar
- Generate and swallow extra saliva
- Drink vegetable juices, like carrot, cucumber, radish, or beetroot
- Mix half a teaspoon of bicarb and a few drops of lemon juice in half a cup of warm water
- Drink a glass of whole milk
- Take antacids such as Tums or Rolaids, or drink Pepto-Bismol
- Mix some baking soda (AKA sodium bicarbonate) with water and drink the solution
Ladies, any ideas how to cure / ease heartburn ??