Avent steamer cum blender

Lyds

Hi all, i just bought avent steamer cum blender. The lady doing the demo at taka fair said we can cook rice using this. Anyone tried? Can help to advise instructions pls? I have a 6mth old baby. Wanna cook porridge for him and blend with other stuff using it.
Thanks!

marshmallows

Cannot cook rice with it. The rice will fall into the 'holes' on the cover when in steam mode. The manual also state cannot cook rice or pasta with it.

marshmallows

Look under page 8 of one of the manuals, the one that doesn't have colored pages. They will tell u what you cannot do with the steamer.

autumn82

Hi there,

How's the steamer so far? Efficient enuff? I'm thinking of getting one, but not sure if I should. :)

Look under page 8 of one of the manuals, the one that doesn't have colored pages. They will tell u what you cannot do with the steamer.

marshmallows

Yes it's good n convenient if u r doing batches of frozen purees during weaning. But some babies progress to chunky food v fast hence only need to mash food and feed instead of feeding purees. So it pretty much depends if u wanna get one. The capacity also quite little.. Maybe max 12oz or so per time.

Last edited:

autumn82

Thanks for the feedback! Hmm.. I will keep that item into consideration then. :D

Yes it's good n convenient if u r doing batches of frozen purees during weaning. But some babies progress to chunky food v fast hence only need to mash food and feed instead of feeding purees. So it pretty much depends if u wanna get one. The capacity also quite little.. Maybe max 12oz or so per time.

Lyds

Yeah i saw in the manual. Haiz.. Why did the lady tell me tt can cook. I did ask her won't the rice fall into the holes. She said abit only. But i didnt think abt the uncooked rice. Tt one surely will fall in the hole wat.
I guess use normal pot then.. Other than tt, i like this item. Very convenient. So far i'm still blending stuff til it's very smooth. Once he grows bigger i'll not blend too much.
Thanks worthy lady =)

Lyds

Errr i already bought the steamer cum blender for $199. If i buy the slow cooker now i think the husband will make noise! Lol..
and also, i'm staying at in-laws place for now. Abit paiseh to use slow cooker - need to use hours of electricity.

marshmallows

Aiyo come to think of it why did the promoter even told u can steam rice with it. Not just about the fact that the rice will fall into the holes but u need to submerge rice in water in order to cook/steam it. Veges are different cos there's water content in them so no need to add water. Think the lady either dunno the product well or dunno how to cook rice.

mswong

I was also considering to get one AVENT steamer and blender but then my sister said to me it is not necessary because once you already steam the vegetable or whatever, it has become soft enough and you could just use a spoon to smash it. Washing a blender is more troublesome. Hmm... she is right. I think we don't really need this steamer and blender.

Lyds

Actually the blades can be removed from the jug so it's really easy to clean. And i use it to steam all ingredients together - chicken, veg, fruit. Then just turn it and blend. But only prob is cant cook rice porridge.
I came across, steamer/blender/rice cooker at spring maternity in Nex. Called beaba babycook or something like that.
But costs $299!
My mum and sis also said i waste money buy this steamer/blender. Haha.. But if cooking very small amt for baby, it really is very convenient.