Relationship problems

Cancerian

Dear All Mummies,

Will your hubby sometimes when in the bad mood, workloads, stress etc, release tensions on you ?

Please advice or share.

Cheers.

Cancerian

hi, thanks for reading my thread.

lately he gamble a lot until the wee hours only come back, if he lost a lot of money, release the tension on me, like I'm a "punching bag" , also he "rough" on me too.

I scared 1 day our relationship will get hurt like that if he still like that.

Last edited:

Tannie

Of course not only ur relationship get hurt, u will be hurt... U must do something abt it to put it a stop.

mtan

sometimes, it's good to let your hsuband release his tensions to u. At least there is communication, then he will not look for someone else.

Tannie

THis is not release of tension, this is abuse. I think gt is up to u what u wana do abt it. I will never accept a man who lay his hands on me.

U have to do something to put it a stop...

babyerra07

I agreed with Tannie. We woman is not a punching bag. Even they are stress etc they can't do anything they want tho they have the right. my dear u hv to do something. marriage counseling or try to talk to him when he's in a gd mood. date him.. and express what you feel.. Mostly guys are so typical blur they intend to pretend nothing happen after they hurt us so much. u must do something dear..

Cancerian

I agreed with Tannie. We woman is not a punching bag. Even they are stress etc they can't do anything they want tho they have the right. my dear u hv to do something. marriage counseling or try to talk to him when he's in a gd mood. date him.. and express what you feel.. Mostly guys are so typical blur they intend to pretend nothing happen after they hurt us so much. u must do something dear..
Hi, thanks for reading my thread.
Please share with me marriage counselling email or contact number if you have.
I really cannot stand with him anymore, his gambling habbits, abuse me if he loose alot of money, force on me somethings I dont't wish to do etc.

mtan

babyerra07, ask yourself honestly. can he really change? It's not marriage counselling that he have to go but anger management, or go to couselling for his gambling habit. But do u think he will go.

I would advice u, if he ever slap u report to the police and get PPO against him

noelsmum

Yes. Even my mother in-law knows too but what can she do, scold N slap him also, no effect to him.
Your husband is just modeling what his mother does to him. He is a grown man and his mother slaps him? The only solution that I can see, move out. Unless you enjoy being a punching bag and being hit by your husband. The reality is that nothing will change unless you decide to stand up for yourself.

kikotecho

Hi. Since you post this, I think u already knew all this are wrong when he start abuse you. I 100% agree with Tannie "not accept a man who lay his hands on me". So no need talk abt 2nd chance or forgiveness anymore.
If you have kids, his next targets will be them. And it is bad example for kids to witness all this.
In Singapore, there are lots of helplines easily found via Internet. You do not need to confront him anyway cos he might turn violence against you. Just go to nearest NPP to file records & evidence. A way to protect yourself & children.
Oh ya, no need to be ashamed or pai seh abt reporting, this is "bravery" act as you stand up for yourself & little ones..

mummychoi

i agree husbands should never lay hands on wife/kids when stress. if they cannot even learn how to release their stress, they are not worth being a man.
whenever my husband is stress at work, we would go for a movie/dinner together without our son. sometimes, i will even treat him to a massage. many times, when i sensed he has stress, even being silent and giving him a hug is enough.

busygal

Best that you move back to your family first and cool things over. Otherwise go to councelling immediately, every one day's delay will be giving him chance to continue.