EDD: August 2012

TutTut

I am not getting confinement lady... but have booked the post natal massage.. :)

@Zaclin: I bought medela breast pump... and Avent steriliser... coz the promoter told me can be used to sterilise bottles of any brands, so I bought the bundle pack at Taka fair...

Ladies going to Expo Fair, please update! :) thanks thanks... I can only try to go on Sunday... :(

Food For Totz

<b>Worthy Lady</b>
Hi Mums :)

IRe: NANNY BreastMilk Storage Bags, PIGEON Breast Pads & Malunggay Tea

Looking for Best Value but low and most affordable Breastmilk Storage Bags? The
answer is 'NANNY Breastmilk Storage Bags! Check out our promotion :

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/best-quality-most-economical-breastmilk-storage-bags-nanny-60406/

Increase breastmilk production, highly recommended:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/malunggay-herb-tea-support-breast-milk-production-63324/

Please bookmark the above websites for future needs.

Thank you for your attention: D

mer17

I've booked my confinement lady during my 1st trimester... during that time when i called, many recommended ones were already being booked. Dragon year really not easy to find one. In the end, I got mine after a few calls. Met her 2 mths back, and she told me what's the don'ts and dos. But too much things to follow.. so I will only do whatever i can remember!
As for the massage lady, I haven contact her yet (recommended by the confinement lady).. heard it's about $60/session. I think we only need about 1 week session.. But now that bertrande mentioned that Aug is Ramadan, I kinda worry she might not be available too! Better contact her soon!!

How much is the breastpump u gals bought? I saw the medela package cost $700+! Wow so ex!!! See if the expo sale got better deal or not. Really hope the fair got good deals! I'll go on fri noon..

TutTut

I bought my medela swing from taka fair at around $300 (cant remember the exact price)... I didn't get the more expensive ones coz I was worried if there's inadequate milk supply then will waste money... just gotta pray hard that I am able to produce milk... :)

I'm thinking of just buying d manual pump 1st. Dont really know if there's alot of milk. Heard also that manual pump controls d flow better. Have yet to decide which brand to get.

mamamarie

I'm thinking of just buying d manual pump 1st. Dont really know if there's alot of milk. Heard also that manual pump controls d flow better. Have yet to decide which brand to get.
I got the Tommee Tippee electric pump... it's pre-loved, hardly used by previous mummy i bought on ebay. I washed it with the Pureen bottle wash detergent and sterilised it in the Mothercare bottle/teats steriliser. Done! I paid only $40 (UP: $175) bcos the mummy got as a gift. My friend told me that she preferred manual bcos she can control the pump.

mamamarie

I've booked my confinement lady during my 1st trimester... during that time when i called, many recommended ones were already being booked. Dragon year really not easy to find one. In the end, I got mine after a few calls. Met her 2 mths back, and she told me what's the don'ts and dos. But too much things to follow.. so I will only do whatever i can remember!
As for the massage lady, I haven contact her yet (recommended by the confinement lady).. heard it's about $60/session. I think we only need about 1 week session.. But now that bertrande mentioned that Aug is Ramadan, I kinda worry she might not be available too! Better contact her soon!!

How much is the breastpump u gals bought? I saw the medela package cost $700+! Wow so ex!!! See if the expo sale got better deal or not. Really hope the fair got good deals! I'll go on fri noon..
Hey I'm going on Fri too! But I'm going alone after my doc appt...

bertrande

But how do we go abt to book if we can't 100% when is our baby gtg to be out?
Oh I book first and told her EDD but any time after bb is born, then call her. No payment required yet so no harm booking. Like my friend's contact who is very good but totally full in August, she doesn't even accept bookings any more. I think it just helps them to plan their schedule.

bertrande

to mummies who are using medela breastpumps, guess u will be using medela bottles as well...
do u know which steriliser we shld get?
think only pigeon brand can be used to sterilise other brand of bottles right?
For Avent, only can use their own brand....
hi zaclin, I will be using Medela breastpumps but the bottles look so tiny. I got the pump converter from Amazon.com so I can use the pump on Avent bottles. It's not available in SG as far as I know, that's why I got it from Amazon. It's quite cheap and the link is here in case you're interested: Amazon.com: Philips AVENT BPA Free Standard Breast Pump Conversion Kit: Baby

Most reviews say it works great for Medela pumps into Avent bottles.

talking about milk
anyone have very sore nipples?
yesterday my right nipple became very sore...
i start squeezing my nips and i saw some liquid coming out....isn't that too early to be experiencing this?
i am in my 29 weeks only...

bertrande

My confinement nanny called me last week...I thought she was going to cancel on me, so worried!! But she called to ask me for my e-mail address (so high-tech!) cos she wanted to send me a whole list of herbs to buy before I deliver. Very on right haha...

mer17, I'm buying the Medela breastpump from the Spree person on this forum...about half price leh. Then I'll go to Parisilk or Sim Lim to get a voltage converter. I cannot bear to spend $800 on the PISA, which is the model I intend to get.

bertrande

talking about milk
i start squeezing my nips and i saw some liquid coming out....isn't that too early to be experiencing this?
My nipples are not sore at the moment...just very dark! And no liquid yet leh...sigh. Has anyone experienced losing weight in the third trimester? I seem to have lost like 300g in the last few days but I can't eat so much as well, cos I feel so stuffed so quickly. Argh... Waiting for my checkup next week to ask the gynae.

My confinement nanny called me last week...I thought she was going to cancel on me, so worried!! But she called to ask me for my e-mail address (so high-tech!) cos she wanted to send me a whole list of herbs to buy before I deliver. Very on right haha...

mer17, I'm buying the Medela breastpump from the Spree person on this forum...about half price leh. Then I'll go to Parisilk or Sim Lim to get a voltage converter. I cannot bear to spend $800 on the PISA, which is the model I intend to get.
Bertrande, do you mind sharing the list of herbs?
Cos i am not enagaging a CL, getting tingkat confinement food from natal essential
But would like to know what other kind of herbs do i need for bathing or longan dates tea etc...

thanks

bertrande

Bertrande, do you mind sharing the list of herbs?
Cos i am not enagaging a CL, getting tingkat confinement food from natal essential
But would like to know what other kind of herbs do i need for bathing or longan dates tea etc...

thanks
I don't mind but err it's in Chinese and I don't know what they are haha. I'm going to go to Hock Hua and then just produce the list and ask them to pack for me! I can send to you via e-mail if you want. I'm not even sure which is for bathing or eating or drinking but it's a long list haha

mamamarie

talking about milk
I read that it's normal at this time to leak out colostrum, but i havent seen any water residue on my nips, although it's really sore and dark now.

mamamarie

My nipples are not sore at the moment...just very dark! And no liquid yet leh...sigh. Has anyone experienced losing weight in the third trimester? I seem to have lost like 300g in the last few days but I can't eat so much as well, cos I feel so stuffed so quickly. Argh... Waiting for my checkup next week to ask the gynae.
I seem to be stagnant in my weight, but will see tomorrow at the doc's... their scale always show i'm so much heavier!:nah:

mamamarie

Ladies, I'm curious!

Any of you think that you might deliver earlier, like a month?

Bcos based on my last period cycle, on 24 Oct 2011 (first day of period) i should be due late July! But bcos my period cycle is always late by a month or 2, and based on the size of my baby, the EDD: 23 Aug 2012.

Doc said that it's hard to tell until very much later stage; i feel as long as the size and weight is right for the gestation then he is probably right that it's in August?

But then, i actually know which month and day that i had sex, that made me conceive! So i think it should be in August...

:wong19:

KiBin

Hi Bertrande, don't think 300g is a lot as sometimes after a meal you can gain more than 300 g...

what my wife does is to weigh every morning before her breakfast so it would be more consistant... not sure if you weighed yourself at different times of the day...