Where to get domperidone?

clare chan

hi mummies,

been ttrying to increase milk supply, tried fenugreek from GNC 2caps 3 times a day but seems does not help much. hear about this domperidone, i wanna know more about this domperidone, and where can i get it? from phamarcy or need prescription from doctor?

clare chan

hi ast0212, thx for e link. i pump 4 times during work and let my baby latch on when im home with her. Weekends and ph will be fully latch on. But i notice there is a decrease in milk suppy, from last time 4 times pump i can get 350-400ml, but recently only 280-300ml. I ate oat, drink lots of water n fluid , eat fish, but don't seems to help much, thats y i go for fenugreek. which oso don't work on. i really scare that i wont b able to breastfeed my gal until she is 1 yrs old.:eek:10:

piggie

You'd need to get a script from your GP.

Have you tried other non-medicated ways to increase supply? Here are some great tips :)

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-info/common-concerns–mum/supply

Hope it goes well for you! dont't give up!!
Erm.. I dont think you need a prescription fr your GP.. I get my domperidone from Gurdian Pharmacy.. From the pharmacist directly. No prescription needed. You might need to show your IC for recording purpose thou :)

For those that travel into JB often, you might want to consider buying domperidone from Tesco's Pharmacy.. Its much cheaper, and its the original brand (Motilium), nt generic ones..

Fenugreek wise.. I am taking 3capsules 3 times a day..

HTHs.. Breastfeeding is the best :)

Last edited:

clare chan

Erm.. I dont think you need a prescription fr your GP.. I get my domperidone from Gurdian Pharmacy.. From the pharmacist directly. No prescription needed. You might need to show your IC for recording purpose thou :)

For those that travel into JB often, you might want to consider buying domperidone from Tesco's Pharmacy.. Its much cheaper, and its the original brand (Motilium), nt generic ones..

hi piggie,

hw much they selling domperidone over here? hw many tab u take a day? i got friends staying at jb, might ask them help me get some.

ast0212

Ah that's great then. Makes things easier:)

stonston

No need prescription. Can get from any pharmacy, just need to show NRIC.
Even polyclinic pharmacy also can walk in to buy.

pmcheng

Hmm I tried getting it at Guardian but was told I must show doc's prescription to ensure proper dosage is dispensed.. May I know which pharmacy did mummies go? :)

clare chan

Hmm I tried getting it at Guardian but was told I must show doc's prescription to ensure proper dosage is dispensed.. May I know which pharmacy did mummies go? :)
i think i will try out policlinic when i bring my daughter for immunisation end of the mth.

Ixora76

Hi piggie, do you have any side effects after taking domperidone?

PinkDiamonds

Domperidone only costs $3+ per pack from Unity, about 30 tablets per pack. Usually the doctor will give about 10 day supply, so try not to take it for more than 10 days at one go :)

Last edited:

pmcheng

Domperidone only costs $3+ per pack from Unity, about 30 tablets per pack. Usually the doctor will give about 10 day supply, so try not to take it for more than 10 days at one go :)
Is there a health reason behind your advice not to take for 10 days straight? :) I'm reaching my 10 day mark so wanna find out. I only take 2 doses each day instead of 3, cos I think it's already sufficient for me.

clare chan

Hi mummies, thx for sharing. i went to guardian, but not allow to buy OTC if u tell them u r gg to use it to increase breast milk, they will want a prescription frpm the doctor for the dosage given. But if u r gg to use it for indigestion, then u can just buy it OTC.

Doctor told me that domperidone is a very old medicine, but the main purpose is to prevent nausea and vomitting, stomach wild. colic and indigestion, so increasing breast milk is e side effect of the medication.

Unity selling such a cheap price? $3 for 30tab? shl go and try out. anyway, hw long does domperidone take effect? i just started taking for 2 days, (today is 2nd day), when i express out, like not much different!!

But it does increase BM for most mummy, even man taking domperidone for a long period of time will get breast engorgement, haha!!! Nice sharing

aery

Hi, has anyone tried Reglan? Read abt it online but not sure where to get N what r e side effects... can anyone advise pls? Thanks. :)