EDD: August 2012

welcome WinnieGarnet!
Do share yr pregnancy experience with us!
Hi there,

my pregnancy journey is quite smooth-sailing. During my first trimester, I would only puke once or twice at night. 2nd trimester was a breeze til recently I got heartburn sometimes (coz I can't resist spicy food).

I have just gained my 10th kg. :) Weighing 63.3kg now. Gynae said my baby is considered big and ask me to watch what I'm eating. I gained 5kg btw my 4th and 5th month so it was scary!!! But now I kept it under control.

And oh, I'm going to deliver at Thomson Medical Centre. Gynae is Dr Sim Lee Ngor. :)

KiBin

KiBin

though it seems early now, but how are you all planning to go down to hospital for delivery assuming not by your own car?

Can we take taxi down to the hospitals for delivery?

zaclin29

though it seems early now, but how are you all planning to go down to hospital for delivery assuming not by your own car?

Can we take taxi down to the hospitals for delivery?
I was actually thinking the same thing!! I thought it is too early to ask this now :p

I think taking a cab will be easier cos from the taxi stand to the delivery suite is nearer compared to the distance from the carpark to delivery suite for me....

I have yet to discuss with my hubby.... cos when we go to the hospital, it will be only the 2 of us.....

Haha!!! I was also imagining that scenario. Will it be like those we saw in the movies, whereby we're already experiencing so much pain and yet gotta find the delivery suite etc... Cos I've yet gone to my hospital to find out where the delivery suite is. Haha! All the things we have in our minds... Weird stuffs!

Has anyone bought any nipple cream? Care to share what brand is good? I read that we can actually start applying nipple cream to ease itchiness at week 30... :)

Elisheva

woah! only 2.5kg! your tummy must be not so obvious! does anyone offer you seats when you tk public transport?

Hihi MommyDioR! Hmm for NEL yes I'm lucky to have kind soul offering me seat almost everytime but not for north south line.. North south line pple tend to fall asleep immediately when they see pregnant woman. Hahahha. It's not so obvious if I wear beggy clothes.. But tight clothes still obvious.. Only it's quite small for 28 weeks. Most of my friends n colleagues say that it look like around 5 mths...

Elisheva

Hi Elisheva, don't be upset ya... All are over since u stop vomiting rite? Must think positive u sure can gain more weight and healthy!
I was vomiting and bleeding at 1st trimester also, but last month I still went to bangkok shopping! That time my hubby walk till tired and I m still ok... Some more, I only eating fruits n veg which no meat n animal product.
Must hv more confidence as a mummy hv to b strong then can tk care ur little one!
:)
Wow!!! U r still able to shop!!!!! envy!!!! If I walk too much my leg will ache like hell... :(
Just went for my check up this morning.. I'm still 49.5kg.. Baby is 807g at 28 weeks...

Wow!!! U r still able to shop!!!!! envy!!!! If I walk too much my leg will ache like hell... :(
Just went for my check up this morning.. I'm still 49.5kg.. Baby is 807g at 28 weeks...
I can't shop for long too. Went paragon today and only shopped for 3 hours, my back started to ache. Woah, you are only 49.5kg! Must be very slim before u were pregnant. My baby weighed 850g at 24 weeks. Gynae said I gotta watch my diet if not baby will be too big and I may have difficulty giving birth.

Okay, I'm still trying to read up what u girls have posted before but really too much for me to finish reading.

So maybe I shall share more about myself first?

I forgot to mention that I'm having a boy. It's our first child. Wanted a girl but it's okay, won't be stopping at one.

I'm attending Mrs Wong's class at Thomson ParentCraft. Anyone else?

What have you girls bought? I'm still looking at breastpump (can't decide whether to get Medela Pump In Style or Freestyle) and cot. Hubby and I have more or less decided on the pram but will purchase nearer to my due date.

Hope to have some advices from other mummies. :)

bertrande

Okay, I'm still trying to read up what u girls have posted before but really too much for me to finish reading.

So maybe I shall share more about myself first?

I forgot to mention that I'm having a boy. It's our first child. Wanted a girl but it's okay, won't be stopping at one.

I'm attending Mrs Wong's class at Thomson ParentCraft. Anyone else?

What have you girls bought? I'm still looking at breastpump (can't decide whether to get Medela Pump In Style or Freestyle) and cot. Hubby and I have more or less decided on the pram but will purchase nearer to my due date.

Hope to have some advices from other mummies. :)
I was all set on the Freestyle but my friend who is a mother of two said the Pump in Style is more popular and that some of her friends on the Freestyle had mastitis so I might end up getting the PIS instead, although the Freestyle looks more handy and is handsfree etc. I bought my pram already during the January fair at expo (kiasu right??) but delivery is only in July haha.

bertrande

I can't shop for long too. Went paragon today and only shopped for 3 hours, my back started to ache. Woah, you are only 49.5kg! Must be very slim before u were pregnant. My baby weighed 850g at 24 weeks. Gynae said I gotta watch my diet if not baby will be too big and I may have difficulty giving birth.
Wah serious? Mine was 900g at 25.5 weeks and gynae said it's ok! Now she's 1.325kg at 29.5 weeks which I think is bigger than average but maybe gynae thinks I have wide hips. So far he hasn't mentioned about baby weight being too big; he said it'll all be known at the growth scan at 32.5 weeks. So fingers crossed for that, which will be in about 2 weeks' time.

zaclin29

UPDATES!!!

Yingver07 - EDD 2 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl

Mer17 - EDD 8 Aug - Parkway East - Girl
Maylim - EDD 8 Aug - Thomson Medical Center - Girl
zaclin29 - EDD 12 Aug - NUH - Girl
Perkyperky - EDD 17 Aug - mount E - Girl
Bertrande - EDD 17 Aug - mount A - Girl
Steffywoofy - EDD 17 Aug - gleneagles - Girl
MommyDioR - EDD 21 Aug - mount A - Girl
Mamamarie - EDD 23 Aug - NUH - Boy
TutTut - EDD 26 Aug - Mount A - Girl
Ch0c0l4te - EDD 27 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
Wendy - EDD 28 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
WinnieGarnet - EDD 29 Aug - Boy
Bluemit - EDD 30 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
problemgal - EDD 30 Aug - Kandang Kerbau Hospital - Girl

zaclin29

WinnieGarnet, which hospital will u be delivering at?
My gynae also told me to watch my diet and make sure my baby is not to big..
she told me if can do not go over 3kg.. :p

zaclin29

I was all set on the Freestyle but my friend who is a mother of two said the Pump in Style is more popular and that some of her friends on the Freestyle had mastitis so I might end up getting the PIS instead, although the Freestyle looks more handy and is handsfree etc. I bought my pram already during the January fair at expo (kiasu right??) but delivery is only in July haha.
alamak i just collected my medela freestyler yday....