[[ When did ur lil one started talking??? ]]

maichiang

Hello beautiful mummies & daddies, may i know when your precious lil one started talking? mine is about to be 16mnths and has yet to say 'mama' or 'papa'...but he can understand everything..reacts to affection n etc etc..

And..doesnt like to EAT! or drink milk..he was exclusively breastfed..n is still...but i doubt it is enough for him..as it is nt as frequent as it used to be n i can sense that the milk is not flow-ly as it used to be..any gd suggestion on food recipes or tips to get him eating/drinking...thank you very much..

apollo

16mths is still young.. I rmb my son first call his daddy when he was 18mth old (cos was CNY eve so i rmb clearly). and nearly 2yo when he first called me Mummy. I was also worried as he didnt know how to form short sentences when he was alrdy 30mths old. But things just suddenly got better few mths aft he attend sch. He is now 3, can form short sentences in both mandarin and english. Dont worry Mummy =)

As for the food intake, have you tried cutting down his milk intake? You can cook him some pasta, use cartoon mould to make cute sandwiches, let him eat tgt with you all.. show him how delicious the food is. =)

maichiang

16mths is still young.. I rmb my son first call his daddy when he was 18mth old (cos was CNY eve so i rmb clearly). and nearly 2yo when he first called me Mummy. I was also worried as he didnt know how to form short sentences when he was alrdy 30mths old. But things just suddenly got better few mths aft he attend sch. He is now 3, can form short sentences in both mandarin and english. Dont worry Mummy =)

As for the food intake, have you tried cutting down his milk intake? You can cook him some pasta, use cartoon mould to make cute sandwiches, let him eat tgt with you all.. show him how delicious the food is. =)

ThankQ so much..been askin ple, and they all said tt their kids spoke by this age alr..got mi so worrying..

as for food, he's on bf...tryin to wean him off by he doesn like fm at all..god! drives mi insane..end up force feeding him always..thou i noe its nt a gd options..he loves pasta thou..n luv the sandwiches idea..thks so much!=D

ast0212

They'll get there in their own time :)

At 18 months my boy could only call mama and papa and at his 18month checkup with the community nurse she said we need to bring him to a speech pathologist as he should be speaking 25-50 words. Pft! I ignored her. Months later he starts picking up words and is now speaking in sentences at 26 months. This morning he said "I love you" and I melted! hehehe.

If he is understanding things, indicating his wants through other forms of communication, then no need to worry.

As for food toddlers are very fussy. Keep trying :)

Eliza

Hello beautiful mummies & daddies, may i know when your precious lil one started talking? mine is about to be 16mnths and has yet to say 'mama' or 'papa'...but he can understand everything..reacts to affection n etc etc..

And..doesnt like to EAT! or drink milk..he was exclusively breastfed..n is still...but i doubt it is enough for him..as it is not as frequent as it used to be n i can sense that the milk is not flow-ly as it used to be..any good suggestion on food recipes or tips to get him eating/drinking...thank you very much..
Just let him grow and develope at his own pace. Mine was slow in crawling (that's right, crawling. not walking) =P At 15months, he can only 'commando crawl'. Ended up, my PD reminded me not to let him sit in his walker too much coz develop wrong muscle so i threw away his walker the minute we reached home and the following week, he pulled himself up and started to run! (of course stop by banging of walls or doors) but my point is, to each baby are different. Just continue to speak to your baby and he will start to imitate very soon especially if they know they can get your attention with certain sound/ language. My boy turned three this year and his PD is amazed by his vocab coz initially my boy refused to speak/ answer to him when PD asked him questions but now, his PD concluded that he is just being bored answering the same questions. =)
As for eating, been there, done that. Again, let him take control. My boy only drink abt 120ml max when he was your baby's age. Until now, he can only drink 150ml max. I never have to fill the big milk bottle to full unlike other babies. I always envy other mummies whose babies can drink a full big bottle. Again, all babies are different. If he cannot tummy that much milk/ food, just try to fill in more nutritious food as possible.
At your boy's age, I always gave him porridge cook with either pig bone or chicken bone soup with mashed broccoli or spinach plus a teaspoon of ikan bilis powder. Until now, all his food still contain ikan bilis powder for calcium. I will buy one pack of ikan bilis, soaked and wash away the salt, dry fry or oven dry them and blend it twice a month without fail. Now my boy is eating alot more than other kids in his class though his milk intake is still the same. But, the most important thing is that he is happy and not afraid of food and his weight has caught up. =)

maichiang

They'll get there in their own time :)

At 18 months my boy could only call mama and papa and at his 18month checkup with the community nurse she said we need to bring him to a speech pathologist as he should be speaking 25-50 words. Pft! I ignored her. Months later he starts picking up words and is now speaking in sentences at 26 months. This morning he said "I love you" and I melted! hehehe.

If he is understanding things, indicating his wants through other forms of communication, then no need to worry.

As for food toddlers are very fussy. Keep trying :)
aaawww..shhooo swiit!!! waiting for tt moment of mine!=D

maichiang

Just let him grow and develope at his own pace. Mine was slow in crawling (that's right, crawling. not walking) =P At 15months, he can only 'commando crawl'. Ended up, my PD reminded me not to let him sit in his walker too much coz develop wrong muscle so i threw away his walker the minute we reached home and the following week, he pulled himself up and started to run! (of course stop by banging of walls or doors) but my point is, to each baby are different. Just continue to speak to your baby and he will start to imitate very soon especially if they know they can get your attention with certain sound/ language. My boy turned three this year and his PD is amazed by his vocab coz initially my boy refused to speak/ answer to him when PD asked him questions but now, his PD concluded that he is just being bored answering the same questions. =)
As for eating, been there, done that. Again, let him take control. My boy only drink abt 120ml max when he was your baby's age. Until now, he can only drink 150ml max. I never have to fill the big milk bottle to full unlike other babies. I always envy other mummies whose babies can drink a full big bottle. Again, all babies are different. If he cannot tummy that much milk/ food, just try to fill in more nutritious food as possible.
At your boy's age, I always gave him porridge cook with either pig bone or chicken bone soup with mashed broccoli or spinach plus a teaspoon of ikan bilis powder. Until now, all his food still contain ikan bilis powder for calcium. I will buy one pack of ikan bilis, soaked and wash away the salt, dry fry or oven dry them and blend it twice a month without fail. Now my boy is eating alot more than other kids in his class though his milk intake is still the same. But, the most important thing is that he is happy and not afraid of food and his weight has caught up. =)
ohh wow...ikan bilis?? geez...i nvr tot of tt...interesting..sure will include diz..thks!

mi boi is a slow learner as well..bt heard tt slow learner are steady learners? ehehhe..we will see abt tt..bt its reali nice knowing that kids do eat/speak/walk later den their peers and are still 'normal'...mi boi started walkin onli ard 13mnth plus..and nw he is delaying in his speech department..will onli hope that mi continuous speakin will motivate him..

maybe mi bm is still enuff for him..he makes so much fuss wheneva i feed him fm..which i started a week ago..its sucha struggle..jz 2 feeds of 180ml...n yea,its so envious when i see mi frenz' kids' drinking a gd 260ml 4-6times a day..oh well, each child to its own..

thank u dearies..i hope your lil ones are doin awesome! much lurve!=D

summertime

Hi , so far how is your boy speech? Mine just turn 15 mth still not yet call mama & papa. Everytime try to get him say, he will smile & run away. Make me worried when I see my friend's son 1 mth younger than him can say words

maichiang

Hi , so far how is your boy speech? Mine just turn 15 mth still not yet call mama & papa. Everytime try to get him say, he will smile & run away. Make me worried when I see my friend's son 1 mth younger than him can say words

hi dear..mi boys says baba n yet to say mama..bt he trys to say..boys are relatively slow in speech apparently..nw am nt worried cz haf seen like 4yrs old nt talking n doc saying its okay if they can react to your instructions so i guess i will let him 'develop' on his own..mine alr 19mnths so yours still is young..relax dear

summertime

Thank u for ur information:) been worry bout it.. Not sure if really bb walk fast tend to slow in speech?? My boy start walking at around 11 mth old now started to walk super fast like tryin to run

maichiang

Thank u for ur information:) been worry bout it.. Not sure if really bb walk fast tend to slow in speech?? My boy start walking at around 11 mth old now started to walk super fast like tryin to run
no le..mi boy walked onli at 13th mnth n alr 19th mnth, still haben started speaking properly le..ehehhe..its myth i tink..let dem develop at their own pace..the onli worrying part is when they dun react to your instructions or cant hear..cz if they cant hear den they cant talk..so if they can understand n respond to your instructions..den guess they will talk..sooner or later..hugs to your lil precious 1..nights!

Wonderfulsky

be patient and u'll see that the young un will be yakking fast enough.

milk wise its best to make sure shes lactose tolerate. otherwise u'll be having lots of toilet break(with your kid)

summertime

Just an update here. My boy has soon will be 21 months old. Still no speech. Currently only able to say ,"I want" when he want food. He still not yet say papa and ma ma yet. He babbles most of the time so I bring him to kkh n doc say he has speech delay. Like families n relatives keep telling me boy is slow. Hopefully one day he will talk to me soon