bringing baby to genting

bendi

Anyone brought their baby to genting before?
What are the things have to take note of.
Regarding the bus ride, any advice ?
Thanks.

Alisa

i bought my son to Genting when he was about 6mths old. need to bring lots of extra clothing, hanky, pampers etc... in fact, husband & my stuff is a small bag but my baby stuffs are in 2 big bags!
Other than luggage, my son sleep during the journey there and only wake up to feed but on the way back, he kept crying...
if yr like cool weather, he will enjoy.

why not u consider driving up?
cos can control speed of the car and also when bb get uncomfortable you can slow down or stop over to rest :)
I went with my colleague and her family ... her daughter 2years + was okay on the way to genting
but on the way back to spore she keep vomiting throughout the trip :(
cos bus was jerky

bendi

Oh I see. Hmm have considered driving too but never drive there before. Concerned about the safety part.

bendi why not you try taking baby to johor bahru or malacca for a day trip first..
test water! to see how baby react to long rides..
if okay.. then bring bb to genting :)

i bought my son to Genting when he was about 6mths old. need to bring lots of extra clothing, hanky, pampers etc... in fact, husband & my stuff is a small bag but my baby stuffs are in 2 big bags!
Other than luggage, my son sleep during the journey there and only wake up to feed but on the way back, he kept crying...
if yr like cool weather, he will enjoy.
hello alisa

can I know what type of activities do you do when you bring your 6mth old son to genting bcoz I'm planning to do so too...
but scared nothing to do tgt w him

not sure if okay for bb but should be safe for consumption :)
i drink it and use it to cook instant noodle LOL!

maybe now they have kettle... not sure... the last time i went there was early 2011 :)

Alisa

hello alisa

can I know what type of activities do you do when you bring your 6mth old son to genting bcoz I'm planning to do so too...
but scared nothing to do tgt w him
actually, no activity for him.hahaha... he is still so small and he only enjoy the weather cuz he scare of hot wan. he is only looking around when we push him in stroller or carry him.

also I read elsewhere that first world hotel rooms doesn't come with kettle?
you have any idea?
no kettle still but i use the hot water at the corridoor. i didnt think much that time whether suitable for him or not le but so far he never lao sai so should be ok.

thanks steffywoofy & alisa!

i'm bringing my baby (1 week short of 6 months) to genting during the national day holiday...
got sooo much things to bring!

hope he enjoy the weather there... :)

dear all mummies...

latest update!
i just brought my 5mth 3 week baby to genting last weekend.
we stayed at first world hotel. there is a kettle now! luckily i didnt lug my kettle over...

there is also fridge in the room.
the water doesn't taste that that bad, but i still boiled the water before letting baby drink...

RedDevil

dumbocarebear:681434 said:
dear all mummies...

latest update!
i just brought my 5mth 3 week baby to genting last weekend.
we stayed at first world hotel. there is a kettle now! luckily i didnt lug my kettle over...

there is also fridge in the room.
the water doesn't taste that that bad, but i still boiled the water before letting baby drink...
During the journey to genting, how did you change his diapers and make milk?? We intend to bring him there in Dec. He will be 7 months by that time. But my mum say it might b troublesome.

During the journey to genting, how did you change his diapers and make milk?? We intend to bring him there in Dec. He will be 7 months by that time. But my mum say it might b troublesome.
we drove there on our own. so whenever we have stopover, i will check and change his diapers in car.
as for milk, i brought a big thermal flask & water bottle. same thing, during stopover, i'll go wash the bottles and use my own hot water to 'sterilize' the bottle

it might be a bit troublesome to bring so many bags, but to me it is still worth it...
i guess the 'troublesome' level depends on individual...

oh ya, i also packed some of his teether toy to entertain him...
he slept almost 50% of the journey... the rest of the times, have to play play with him....