EDD April 2013..cont

Hello all!!! Just saw doc today, baby is 3.8cm and edd is pushed earlier to 12 April... There were a lot of people so doc rushed through the appt today :( lucky doc says baby is still healthy and growing well.

Hmm I only vomited once but v v bad nausea... Jialat next time baby don't know IQ high anot lol... Oh anyone started drinking bird nest? Which brand is gd? I heard bird nest good for baby's complexion... Dont knw buy which one, end up buying the cheapest one lol... No brand one...

Hi all...having really bad cough these few days :( anyone knows if taking cough mixture is ok? Otherwise, any other natural remedies to recommend?

Ebelle

Hi all...having really bad cough these few days :( anyone knows if taking cough mixture is ok? Otherwise, any other natural remedies to recommend?
hi littlebluecinders - drink a mixture of warm honey and lemon. very good for soothing your throat and keeping cough away. Also high in vit C :)

autumnfall - they say birdnest is really good for baby complexion. my friend's baby is so fair and nice after eating a lot of birds nest during her pregnancy. She did not drink pre-package one. her hubby dote on her, so buy those dried one and her mother double coil for her every week! so envious! I have not start drinking yet as still nauseous, so not sure that i won't puke it out. Dont want to waste it :p

Dunno whats wrong with the old thread. My android tablet also cannot load it, i thought there was something wrong with it. Luckily I log onto my laptop and found the thread still active!

Aiyo so envious lol I don't knw how to cook so I bought bottled ones, maybe drink one to two bottles per week...

Littlebluecinders, I had sore throat two days ago from lotsa Bakkwa mil gave(she didn't know I'm pregnant, plan to tell her next week when I'm close to 12 weeks) then my mother made me a lot of honey water. I can't drink plain water cuz make me puke so I drank cold plain water... Before that only drink one or two cups per day (cuz really dont like) and after i got sore throat I drank more cups, scared will develop into infection and fever... Then today I recovered lol... Think u try drink honey water and lotsa water first, see how it goes for these few days. If still can't recover, go to the GP and remember to tell them you r pregnant, they will prescribe medicines suitable for pregnant ladies.

alag

Hi girls!

Are any of you exercise freaks before this pregnancy? I used to run every 2 days and gym too and now due to sickness and cramping, I had to stop. Do you know if I can go back to running in tri 2?

xiuxiu

alag: me too jog frequently before preggy.. but I dun think I dare to join during pregnancy.. most likely I will go try for a swim. But still, I will check with my gynae first. :)

Bless3d

Wow, the thread is moving fast. It has been sometime since I login.

Last mon morning I was rushed to hospital due to bleeding. I woke up in the morning with my usual morning sinus. Went to toilet to pee and realized panties and my pajamas are all red with blood. The toilet bowl was filled with red color too. It scared the hell out of me and my husband. We rushed to ok 24 clinic and thank god baby is ok. No fresh bleeding and left over with some spotting that might last for days.

However, doctor doesn't seem to worry much. Only told us to be careful and gave me 3 days mc. I was given jab and oral progesterone to be taken 2pills each night. usually after taking the medicine, i will dozed off within 1hour. i had spotting for abt 2wks one month ago. But it stopped and we thought we have gone through the most difficult time. But this time round is different coz it was a fresh flush of blood. Till now, I'm still puzzled and can't help to be worried. Next gynea apptment is only on the 9. Monday going for blood test and Oscar scan on 8. Just hope everything will be fine.

Due to nature of work, I can't really take mc. Usually what I can do is to work from home. I seldom take mc, sometime not even 1 day in a year. And i had taken 2x3mc in these 2 months. Colleagues are all pestering me about possibilities of "good news" and I can't help to feel annoyed. And I don't feel like entertaining these now as things are so uncertain.

MrsS

Bless3d, I can totally understand how you feel! I feel annoyed too at work when everyone is asking around (asking everyone except me) whether I m pregnant, making guesses etc... ( I know cos one of my close colleague told me). N when I am eating something at the pantry, they make remarks like whether I m having cravings!! Makes me mad too cos I wish these pple would be more sensitive about others. When it's time to share the happy news obviously we will... But things are still not stable yet n I m an older mum, worried abt down syndrome etc, so as hoping to wait till after the Oscar test to reveal.. I hope your colleagues will stop pestering you n give you some peace...

Bless3d I know its kinda difficult to ask for mc but I think u actually need more rest than you think. Have u communicated with ur supervisors and doctors about the possibility of a longer medical leave, I only had cramps and was already given 16days hospitalisation leave and I think u shld ask for more leave if the bleeding is bad. Never mind what the others say, they don't pay you anyway. Some of my colleagues are very nice, they ask me to rest and don't go back to work whilst some are very insensitive and unsympathetic, think they just want to know the news but are of no help at all. The next thing is to ignore them and do what is best for u and ur baby.

Dont worry too much, some people bleed the entire pregnancy, my colleagues also bleed profusely during her first trimester, but if u r really not feeling well, don't force yourself and get medical leave. It's an entitlement anyway, and do what u shld for ur baby. Don't force urself too hard, have plenty of rest and God bless!

Hi all, this morning when I woke up and went to the toilet I realised that my underwear had a wet patch...is it common to have such watery discharge? Din feel anything tho until I saw the patch...my hubby thinks I peed but I m pretty sure it isn't..

alag

Pigletbao, oh I have been having the runs for 2 days now and I was constipated before.. Not sure if I should see the doctor.

Ibisco, I was constipated too until I started eating an orange every day. I guess fruits helped me

Littlebluecinders, I had some discharge too. It is mild and colorless but it stopped already.

xiuxiu

Littlebluecinders, same here. I've discharged too and sometime its yellow. I researched and it is normal to have during preggy. So it should be fine :)

Some updates, went for oscar scan and blood test yesterday. Baby is doing well and once the blood test is out (need to wait for a week) and if it shows good, means all are good! haha!

Next month will be able to know bb's gender :) If he/she cooperative... hehe.

pigletbao

Alag - I used to alternate between constipation n diarrhoea too. Gynae prescribed me some med for diarrhoea but did say to take it only if it becomes unbearable as it might be good to let the toxins come out on their own rather than to suppress them with med.

Monitor and if it persist, go c a dr? Rem to replenish fluids with isotonic drinks or glucose water so that you don't become dehydrated. He well soon!