EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

meltie

Been feeding my 3 wks old girl 70ml ebm every 2.5 to 3hrs until yesterday.. She kept searching for my nipple everytime I carry her and it's onli 1hr after her last feed.. Wen I jus gently rock her, she will start screaming and demand for nipple.. Wen I latch her, she is still swallowing milk cos after unlatch, her mouth is wet with sme traces of milk.. So tink mayb 70ml nt enuff for her, decided to up it to 80ml yesterday..

This morning, fed her 80ml at 840am.. Now she's at my breast latching again 1hr later.. Dunno issit cos of the foremilk hindmilk thingy? My ebm mainly foremilk so she's nt full? Or do I realli need to up it somemore to 90ml? But upping 20ml in 2 days seem scary.. Esp wen she still regurgitates milk now..
Hey Lingz, ur 3wk old bb only drinks 70-80ml of breastmilk? Gosh my bb 10days old in icu is drinking 70-90ml liao.. i'm pumping more to keep up with the demand.. today went to visit er and latch her 15mins each side.. after that she still ask for more.. so topped up with ebm , she drank vigoriously , about another 50ml! The nurses amsay that she always asking for more feed, if not she'll wail non stop.. and after the feed and burp, she is wide awake... and then cry again... den they have to use pacifier on her.. haiz...

hey mummies, i was also wondering how you gals sterilize.. i wash with loquid cleanser, put into pigeon steriliser and den sterilize. When i wanna use, its still wet, so i just fling dry n use.. i just use my hands, nv use tongs.. the membrane and valve i also use hands to carefully attach on to the funnel...inside the milk bottle still have alot of water.. maybe that dilutes my milk abit.. but i got no time to wind dry leh.. i try to clean my breast with a tissue before pumping.. esp after i sweat, will dab around with wet toilet paper... lol i dunno i like that hygenic or not...

meltie

and do you moms bathe your baby EVERYDAY??

what shampoo/soap do you use?
Hey reiann, in the 2 days that my baby was at home, i asked my CL to bathe her with lukewarm water and nothing else.. thats what is recommended from the classes i attended.. maybe when she gets older i'll introduce shampoo and shower gel.. i bought sebamed bubble bath and mustela shampoo liao ..

Initially my CL wanted to bathe her with Guiness Stout loh, say will give good complexion.. i was wary and did not wanna take chances.... she also ask for some herb for bb to take to bring down jaundice , and pearl powder for bb to drink... all my hubby and i decided her stomach cannot take it.. doc says milk is enough.. so we didn't follow and just did not go get it.. CL must be wondering.... actually my CL not very clean and hygenic.. sigh when my bb discharge, i shall set ground rules for washing hands.. just on case my bb down with infection and fever again....

Lingz12

Hi meltie, yeah, my girl onli drinks 80ml leh.. but she will search for nipple after 1hr la if she's awake.. Then I will latch her.. But if she is in deep sleep, then 80ml can last her 2.5hrs.. am I underfeeding her? :(

My CL oso asked for guineas stout! And we bought for her lor.. Bb's complexion not exactly smooth leh.. Pian ren de.. In fact, her face got tiny pimples now.. Sad..

Lingz12

Felicity *hugs*

It's normal to feel emo I guess.. Just come to this forum to share share and vent! My CL just told hubby that her sis passed away so she gotta leave earlier.. There I was happily counting down to the day she's finally gone, now suddenly she tell us she's gg earlier (by 3 days onli though), I dunno wat to feel.. And under such circumstances somemore.. I feel bad for being mean to her..

Anyway, now a bit nervous.. From this Sun night onwards, I will be handling my girl on my own! Wish me luck! Haha.. And I need to order tingkat lunch liao.. Anybody got recommendations? :D

Rodorsany

I bath my girl daily.. N evening will clean up too... N if her explosive poo too messy will wash her.. She loves it... Lol i use j&j baby bath.. Milk.. Just a very small amt..

Wah i nv heard before using stout.. But i do use flower water... Sum how #1 skin really look nicer... My bb also got abit pimple lookalike on her face.. Wonder is it coz latching on sometimes messy... Hmmm

Lingz u can do it.. Start practicing now...

felicity

lingz thanks. u jiayou!

stout?! wow i nv heard b4 too! i would never ever think abt bathing my bb in stout! haha... all the CLs' "secret recipes" XD

my bb bathe everyday. confinement time i bathe her everyday cos my mum not confident in bathing bb. now my mil bathe her in the mornings while i hv breakfast and wipe her in the evenings while i hv dinner. using avent.

bb reject fm for the first time. dunno is reject fm or bottle... she cried so fiercely... mil tried to feed her but she just kept screaming away... then i tried, also... once again see her cry till like that i also wan to cry... quickly latch her while sitting in the living room w hubby... inlaws were in their bedroom, where they stay inside and watch tv at night. she immediately shut up and suckles away greedily! omg >< then she happily suckle halfway we dislodge her suction n try to put the bottle into her mouth, she wailed fiercely again... tried 3 times... give up... wasted a bottle of fm... but is fm nvm... haha... now she's satisfied my in laws take into their room to play again... zzz... it's supposed to be bedtime!!

Piglim

Wah been a week since I made any posting.. E last time I posted I was crying cos mil wasted my ebm amounted to 100ml. Was really piss.. Cried n lock bb n I in e room. So din hv time to pump n drink water..etc then after tat I realised I shld really not hurt myself by doing so cos tat wk after CL left it was mil n me.. Alot of friction n I wasn't happy end up my milk supply really dropped drastically... From 100ml that I can pump each side I only managed to squeeze 50ml each side. Yes that's like half e Amt!!! So mayb conclusion is try not to cry too much n drink more water.

cl was back this wk (got her back cos I had to attend company workshop for 3days n I really can't trust m mil alone with e bb) thank goodness she came to my rescue.. Whether its due to her or wat.. She made alot of tonic soup n in 2days I managed to regain back to my 100ml supply although now hardly (or rather no longer) can hit 150ml one side. ;( so mummies drink more water!!

Tml will b my last day at course n seriously I think I will hv a tough time to start wk officially in nov.. Yesterday after my course ended at 7pm I straight away called for cab cos I miss my boy sooo much!! Managed to latch him once yesterday.. Think he really can sense my nipple smell. The moment I carried him his face turned to my breast n mouth was searching for my nipple!!! (although he only had his milk an hr ago) then he started crying softly.. So poor thing but CL says don't feed him, wait overfeed he vomit again. So when CL carried my boy, he really stop searching for e nipple!! So amazing! Hehe no wonder mrs Wong boi boi says e smell of e nipple is very powerful...

Bringing pump to work is no joke.. Had to carry e ice pack n a flask of hot water (to sterilized e pump cos I need to pump twice in e day) n a flask of longan water to drink.., n had to pump in e toilet cubicle.. No choice. But luckily e toilets there r clean..

Ok I update again tml. Eyes closing alrdy..

felicity

wow piglim! really not easy for u... why still hv to go for course during maternity leave? rest well ok?

omg the reason why i want to bottle feed bb is cos she can drink finish n slp early... usually she sleeps around 9ish after the bottle... today latch till 10+ still doesn't want to slp... finally gotten her to slp... then there's this bunch of kids playing at the playground downstairs and shrieking at the top of their voice... and 2 adults sitting at the benches relaxing... WHAT TIME ALREADY?! IT'S FREAKING 11PM!! go home la ^%#&^%#$^@$#^%&$&^#^@&* finally settled bb and put her into the cot, then watching her slp then bb startled and woke up due to their high pitch shrieking and now wailing away nonstop again omg... super pissed. feel like gg down to tell them off wtf. i'm super super tired now :(

Piglim

I feel like screaming at my mil!! Tell her I one day must latch bb once.. Tell her alrdy but Just now 11pm she quickly warm e milk... Then I made sure I woke up at 2am... N again she prepared in advance. Then she said oh let u slp... I u want next feeding is at 5am u wake up n feed him. Bloody hell.. I need to go work not enuff sleep etc she still like this... Really piss off with her. I m alrdy so tired myself n why do I need to go through this? Cos I want to let bb continue stimulate my breast n ensure that e milk flow stays... I m sooo piss I msged my hubby who is deep aslp beside me.. That If my milk supply ever decrease its all his mums fault.

She really cannot understand simple instruction. Cant believe she is so ><.
The other time tell her my ebm inside the bottle is 120 pour out wat u need n put back in e fridge. She went to pour out everything n put back the EMPTY bottle in e fridge... End up wasted my milk cos obviously bb's appetite is not 120ml.

meltie

I feel like screaming at my mil!! Tell her I one day must latch bb once.. Tell her alrdy but Just now 11pm she quickly warm e milk... Then I made sure I woke up at 2am... N again she prepared in advance. Then she said oh let u slp... I u want next feeding is at 5am u wake up n feed him. Bloody hell.. I need to go work not enuff sleep etc she still like this... Really piss off with her. I m alrdy so tired myself n why do I need to go through this? Cos I want to let bb continue stimulate my breast n ensure that e milk flow stays... I m sooo piss I msged my hubby who is deep aslp beside me.. That If my milk supply ever decrease its all his mums fault.

She really cannot understand simple instruction. Cant believe she is so ><.
The other time tell her my ebm inside the bottle is 120 pour out wat u need n put back in e fridge. She went to pour out everything n put back the EMPTY bottle in e fridge... End up wasted my milk cos obviously bb's appetite is not 120ml.
Aiyo Piglim *hugs* Your mil is really not helping ... why not ur hubby u n ur mil sit down n have a talk? To lay out the feeding rules? Sigh to hear the waste of ebm... only mothers understand how hard it is to pump out.. like donate blood like that..

Hey felicity, i think u can complain to town council or something, by right after 10.30pm should lower noise level right? hmm if not maybe u can try to close ur window abit?

Mummies, i'm just wondering do u let ur bb slp aircon? Wad temperature and wad attire?
If no aircon, normal hot and humid night with not much wind, wad attire do you let ur bb wear to slp? Assume there's a small fan to circulate air, not directed at cot?
My mil wants bb to be covered frm head to toe..must wear long sleeve pj, swaddle , mittens, socks and hat.. she say hat most impt, to protect head from wind, for gd brain development.. but i on fan only, swaddle somemore.. i think bb will overheat... i myself oso sweat in the room... tomorrow my bb come home, i'm wondering if i shld swaddle (i think my swaddle frm SwaddleMe brand is abit too thick, maybe shld go find nappy cloth kind, thinner). Any of your bbs covers head to slp?

ahwang

purpur:700962 said:
My little boy 9 days old feeding on formula 60 ml jus wondering Hw abt other babies ??
My 9 day old boy drink abt 80ml of ebm or fm every 2hrs. I calculated his total milk intake a day about close to 1litre ? Isit too much? How abt the rest of the mummies?

ahwang

My bb can't latch on... Does it mean my mill will reduce soon ad bb not latching to stimulate my milk supply. Any one whose bb cant latch ? I been trying n felt so upsets. Most of have bb wanting to latch n suckle so much but not for my case. Also bb drink every 2 Hr whole day really can't slp.

felicity

aiyo piglim *hugs* ya if ppl waste my precious milk i will be super upset! see if u n ur hubby can try to talk to her? write out black and white a schedule on which feed she will heat up ebm n which feed u latch, and if heat up how much... then put at the fridge door... everytime she didn't do accordingly refer to the schedule again to remind her?

meltie they left at 11+... i was almost wanting my hubby to go down and talk to them... dunno if talk to town council got use or not since it's not like a unit cannot trace. if complain to town council, will town council send someone down immediately to the playground to check? *shrugs*

anyway i hv friends also let bb wear long sleeves long pants and swaddle... actually when during confinement i usually just let her wear a top and her diapers/nappies n mittens, sometimes wear rompers, plus swaddle if sleeping or at night... we nv wear hat at home. n that time didn't even let her wear booties. plus fan not directed at bb n myself cos confinement.

now she wear short sleeved rompers... sometimes mil feels weather too hot even let her wear sleeveless rompers, and the rompers all don't cover legs one. wear mittens and booties too. no hat. we use a fan that will turn from our bed to her cot and back. i believe like that it's ok as long as not always directed in one direction towards her. will swaddle her when sleeping. and she's always perspiring a lot just like me >< sometimes when i latch her, there's big beads of perspiration on my forehead and small beads of perspiration on her little forehead >< and we used to put a little towelette under her head in case she spits milk, and she can perspire until soak through it.

ermmm i hv never calculated how much she drank cos she's just latching the whole day. can't determine timing between feed and can't determine how much also ><

Rodorsany

I let my girl wear top n pants.. But pants are sewn by mil last time.. The material is cooling kind... The fan is on this time... Too hot la... Lol

My mil not exactly helpful... Everytime bb cry is hungry say i nv prepare milk in advance.... Prep sometimes bb dun wanna drink bb just want attn or change diapers... Sians.. Sometimes bb jus drank 1hr ago.. Coz its ebm or fm i got note one.. Even i latch i top up with ebm or fm... Next thing everyday she will make my #1 cry.... Then i will cry too like so helpless... sometimes i feel her menopause makes her mood swings badly.... Haiz poor #1

Rodorsany

Ahwang dun give up... If really bb cant latch at least pump it out.... I'm doing that... Latching 2~3 times a day pumping 4~6 times aday... It will b tough.... My pump to noisy so i dun pump middle of e night.... My dual pump plug got prob so using single till after confiment will find replacement... Jiayou..

My girl also a period dun really latch...

felicity

i guess the lack of slp, cranky bb and last night's episode is getting to me and i'm getting v v irritable and easily annoyed. omg why are they drilling the nicely cemented ground downstairs?! pregnant time dun drill, confinement time dun drill, now trying to let my tired bb slp they keep drilling so noisy >< *ROAR*

rodorsany *hugs*

everyone jiayou! seems like breastfeeding is the most stressful part of early motherhood... but good to see all of us trying hard to give our babies the best. way to go! jiayou jiayou jiayou!!