Employing maid

CWL

Hi, just a piece of advise, do not go to Twins S Employment located at Toa payoh. I am currently employing an Indonesia maid from them, when I ask for replacement maid on Aug this yr, they drag my time and never follow up. I always have to call them to check. Until now, I am still waiting for a replacement maid. The owner of the agency avoid my calls like anything. Very disappointed with their service. I am looking for another agency now. This agency drag my time and made me hv to cross over to the new scheme to give maid off days every week, which will be another $70-100 extra cash I hv to fork out.

sugarene

wow heavenzstz!

I thought I was unlucky enough to get a helper who over 6.5 mths keep threatening me 4 times to send her back to the agency for reasons due to :

Being told off and ticked by me (cos she's FOREVER forgetting what I said and keeps saying you didnt tell me maam!) 1st time that happened, she SHOUTED at me to send her back(She was only about 3 months with me then). Sent her back to counsel, came back fine....do her stuffs and "seng mok" alot without mistakes.

Just barely 3 weeks later, tells me again that she wants to go back cos my son (hyperactive) always talks to her rudely, scolds her, hit her. Me and my husband DO NOT condone son's behaviour and ALWAYS punish him for his bad behaviour. Sent again to agency for counselling and comes back again, with "conditions" like allowing her to go church, and SECRETLY buys a phone and tells us after. Well, as she's "clean handed" (our stuffs dont go missing) and she's the more quiet type of filippina, we tolerated her lor...

After a short month or so, told me AGAIN she cant tolerate my son! This time, we gave in and told her fine, help us till i get a new maid. Very next day I went to confirm a new maid, am told she would arrive mid or by Nov end latest. She reluctantly agreed and come 3 weeks later in Mid Oct, went berserk again asking to leave IMMEDIATELY! As I really cant do without a maid, we talked to her nicely that if she helps me out till my new one is here, I would allow her for transfer, and continue working in SG , otherwise if she is amandant about leaving IMMEDIATELY, I could only minimize my losses to send her back to Phil. (The agency she was from charges me food and lodging, all in all I would lose up to $450, given her f***ked attitude that SHE HAS A RIGHT TO CHOOSE HER EMPLOYER, sure max out the 21 days!)

We asked her to think about it, and she insisted it's fine by me if I were to send her back to her country(although blaming me that i'm unreasonable. OMG these people are really BARBARIANS and doesnt understand that I can only do that to minimise my loss, and wont be helping her since she gives me such trouble!!). So I said, I will book her tickets to send her back the next day.

The very next day morning while I was preparing to go work, she refused to do any work and bang things around. BUT, little did i know of her plans to RUNAWAY leaving my poor son stranded in school!!!

Was really sooooo mad that I was taken like a fool by this idiot!! Like you, we treated her well, didnt abuse or torture her, give in to her attitude and even sent her to dentist and this is what she repayed us with?!!

Really damn terrible! She works like a missy, doing her work slower than her maam, we tolerated. And only my son, she claims she was bullied by him(My son hit her when she provoked him and she even hit him back!!)

Stupid maid thought she is entitled to transfer out by running away to the welfare home, ended up getting repatriated and banned from working in sg! There goes her future, ruined by listening to their "smart" friends! :nah:

Now can only hope and pray next one will be a better one! haizzz

jsia

Hi, just a piece of advise, do not go to Twins S Employment located at Toa payoh. I am currently employing an Indonesia maid from them, when I ask for replacement maid on Aug this yr, they drag my time and never follow up. I always have to call them to check. Until now, I am still waiting for a replacement maid. The owner of the agency avoid my calls like anything. Very disappointed with their service. I am looking for another agency now. This agency drag my time and made me have to cross over to the new scheme to give maid off days every week, which will be another $70-100 extra cash I have to fork out.
Hi CWL, maybe u can try my agent. He promised that the maid i confirmed yesterday will come to sg in time and wont be bound by the every week one off day rule. PM me if you are interested.

sugarene

hi Sugarene, sad to hear your story. Hope your next maid will be a better one :) jia you!!!
Thank you Jsia! where is your current agency? care to share? Haiz...i sense the current agent that i jus employed my new maid with seems to be problematic as well lor! Hope the maid will be ok tho! :embarrassed:

jsia

Hi Sugarene, the agency I used is Abssist at bukit timah shopping centre. Look for Kenneth at 9230 0016. He is very patient and attentive. Price wise quite reasonable. Hopefully, their maid will be satisfactory ;)

mummynista

Hi all, an update from my side. I had my indonesian transfer maid for almost 4 months now. So far really pleased with my maid, her 9 years of experience did indeed come handy for a first time mom like me. She helps to bath the baby daily (I haven't done that since my baby is born), and patiently calms him when he is colicky.

She also takes care of my 2 month old at night. I will pump enough milk to last through the night and she will wake up to bottle feed and change his diapers.

She does the housework in the day and I allow her to take naps or rest in the afternoons if she is tired from taking care the baby at night. And she will stay home with the baby when my hubby and I go out for our weekly "dates", this really helps in maintaining our husband and wife relationship.

The only problem we had with her initially is for her to get home in time during her off days. The rule we gave was to return home by 9 and she tends to return later than the set time. After a sit down warning that we will impose a curfew of home by 7pm and she loses a day off if she breaks the curfew, we managed to get her home on time since. I guess being firm on rules are important.

So again, would recommend moms out there to get an experienced maid. It really saves you lots of trouble and stress.

Hi mummies,

I would hope to have some help in getting info of a good agency and the current rate of salary for Indonesia maid / Myanmar maid..
I really might need to hire a maid before next year march as no one is helping me to take care my newborn after I gave birth...

Roughly how much is the agency fees need to be up front??

hpc

In total u must prepare about $5k+,agency fee $1.5k + doc fee + ins + +.Nn prepare any time maid wants to go back to agency,big headache......

bluetooth

Hi Pinkyinbaby
Recently I did a comparison on Indo and Myanmar
For Indo new maid, you need to prepare $5k++ . Agency fee is > $1299-1499 or more
For Myanmar new maid, you need to prepare $4k++ (agency fee-588; basic ins 267.5; SIP -150; salary 450+70 (no off day); loan 7mths)

Its very difficult to get an Indo Christian maid. I decided to opt for Myanmar maid.

evimt30

Employing maid is depend on your luck.
Some people can employ a good maid immediately.
Good Maid who can uderstand what the employer wants or up to the employer standard...
It's better to train your maid before you give birth.
Once you give birth, there's no time to teach the maid with the household.
And got to build the trust before you can entrust her to look after your little one.

I employed my maid 3 months before my edd.
I wanted her to learn all the households, cooking, going to the market.
When my baby's 6 months old, this maid decided to change employer.
It's her first time working overseas, no working experience, the youngest in her family...
Being the youngest in her family, she doesnt know how to look after others.
When my mother-in-law was sick, came home from a doctor, i told my maid to hold my mother-in-law when walking and down the stairs.
Cause my mother-in-law was quite weak.
Maid seems shy to hold her hands! And she even walk in front of my mother-in-law.
She should walk beside her. If my mother-in-law fall, at least she can hold her immediately...
anyway, i got a transferred maid as her replacement as i dont wan to wait for another 3 months for a maid...

yvonne_ktw

Hi all,

Two questions - i just employed a helper, and didnt know there is a $170 gov levy. Is this only for helpers who take care of elderly & children, or it's for all helpers? Is the levy avoidable in anyway?

My helper's from Myanmar, from a very ulu village that currently now is flooded so no phonelines, no letters are reacheable. She's planning to remit money back to a relative's place in the city area so that they can pass to her family. How can I help her to do the remitting of money?

Was thinking if I can help her open up her own Singapore bank account (but i dont't want them to impose the minimum monthly balance thing), or I dont't mind using my own bank account to transfer money over.
Hi Dear,
S$170 is for family with kids or elderly correct. If not it cost 200+ i forgot exact. This is unavoidable and If future, you send your maid back for home leave min. 7days u can request for waiver during her period of away from cpf.gov.sg website

yvonne_ktw

Hello,

Does anyone has contacts to get IP surveillance cameras?

TIA!
You can see sometime some places have offer. My collegue just going to buy at 40+ offered price.

Mine i got at S$120 from an online seller and he help me install from his side loging in to my computer. Brand is Foscam

yvonne_ktw

Hi Pinkyinbaby
Recently I did a comparison on Indo and Myanmar
For Indo new maid, you need to prepare $5k++ . Agency fee is > $1299-1499 or more
For Myanmar new maid, you need to prepare $4k++ (agency fee-588; basic ins 267.5; SIP -150; salary 450+70 (no off day); loan 7mths)

Its very difficult to get an Indo Christian maid. I decided to opt for Myanmar maid.
Wah your agent fees so expensive!! Consider mine. I've been introducing here in this page long long ago i heard alot get from her before. My agent name Titian 90068839

yvonne_ktw

Yes foscam is the brand you can search to read more info but got alot model I forgot my mOdell ONI remember it's look.
Can call Ryan at 9107 6776 n he is nice enough to help me instal thru Internet $140 I self collect from him at woodland

Singtel they have online camera for home use which you can speak to the other party as well but need monthly $
The foscam no need pay monthly money. Pay $140(if i didn't remember wrongly the price) I buy from Ryan 9107 6776 and collect from him(location can ask him) and ask him to help to install, he dont't go to your house to install, you bring home and he teach you.(tell him intro by Yvonne and ask him to help you install like the way he do for me)

I install the foscam camera and my house need wireless internet and i use my iphone to access when i'm out(iphone have 3G also can) Other smartphone also can just download the apps. I download is free that type.
When i'm at work i use iphone or ipod and on the camera and leave the devide infront of my desk which i can on off view while working.

CONS =
** No recording
** IP address need to change regulary which needs the computer that you install to get the ip address so i used my home computer to install so if i'm at outside the IP address change i can't get to view anymore i need to get home get the new ip address then can view. (the IP address you wunt know when will change "crazy crazy" one) Sometimes 2weeks sometime 1month change once

If want those recording type can get from simlim as i saw got alot and they even have those spy type which you wunt know it's a camera. Recording type is good casue it record and you can view every single move which online viewing(foscam) you dont't view you dont't know that period anything happen. BUT after a day of work you will be tired to watch the video...

Just sharing my view =) Hope it helps

BBFeliz

Wah your agent fees so expensive!! Consider mine. I've been introducing here in this page long long ago i heard alot get from her before. My agent name Titian 90068839
I have tried to get her, but she did not answer me... when I finally reach her, her agent fees had went up and it is equally expensive.... end up I got from another agency.

yvonne_ktw

I have tried to get her, but she did not answer me... when I finally reach her, her agent fees had went up and it is equally expensive.... end up I got from another agency.

hi dear I just chat with her. Oh her agent fee is 1200.
I know why already cause new gov rules which they protect maid so much.

I have decided to write in to MOM on a petition. Why they are giving in to maid so much. Why our government is not protecting their own ppl. Who wanna join me? I need a lot of agree mummies to support our petition.

hpc

I dont mind asking for you but for 3 mths, I believe you gotta pay for everything like we get a normal 2 yrs ones. Like agent fee, insurance, sign security bond.
U go to gumtree,there is a chinese maid from batam available for hire,xp working as maid.Don't go to agency look for foreign maid very X,not worth.
l

clili

I recommend my maid agency. PM me for details... Its my mum friend so I dont know if she is ok to let me post like that or not.

As for my maid, she got help me take care of my baby even at night, i'll take turns with her, like 1,3,5 me. then 2,4,6 her. depends also... then noon time i see i ask her go rest too if like the nite b4 she took care of the baby... or sum times i tell her to get up lata...

Can you PM me your maid agency ?