Diabetes during pregnancy

My gynae advice me to do c-sect due to gestational diabetes & my petite size.. She say it could be dangerous for baby if I wait till the initial EDD.
But I also hear from colleagues and friends that some gynae will prefer patients to do c-sect as it saves time for them as the op can b completed faster than natural birth.. Furthermore, it is a planned delivery. so better for them. I duno whether I should try for natural birth.. Dilemma.. :s

Asphere

littlepooh: maybe during your next check see wat is baby's weight. and also ask gynae if it is wise to op for natural birth as you wish to try..
personal view is natural birth only pain awhile but c-sect the pain is longer after birth. :D but up to individual lor.

katsg

Any one had natural birth with diabetics? please share the experience.
I had natural birth with gestational diabetics as my gynae mentions that my bb is not big so need not induced. I gave birth naturally at 39 weeks and after that my diabetics is back to normal again...:)

ping87

Hi, may I know how did u guys go for blood test? I'm a first time mum and coming 20weeks but never heard of taking syrup and do blood test etc. u guys opt for it or gynea ask u all to go?

katsg

My Gynae wants to conduct the test due to my mum is a diabetic and she also had high blood pressure. If I dun remember wrongly is only abt 2-3mths before due date to take the test...:)

Joeychen85

Hi , i think u can just borrow from hospital . Its not a must to buy . As mostly it will recover after ur pregnancy . So u may check wif ur gynae whether they have the monitor to rent . Mine that time just mild , so i just control on my diet . Hope i did ans ur quest . Try to relax urself , dun give urself stress . Take care

Penny0716

It's quite a common situation among pregnant women. You'll have to be careful with what you eat. I'm sure there are nutritionists who can customize meals for you. Diabetes is not something that should be taken lightly so you better sit down and talk with your gynae.

Andrea Lee

It's quite a common situation among pregnant women. You'll have to be careful with what you eat. I'm sure there are nutritionists who can customize meals for you. Diabetes is not something that should be taken lightly so you better sit down and talk with your gynae.
I agree that gestational diabetes should be taken seriously. It can cause harm to you and your baby. Take all the precautionary measures necessary to combat it. It's better to be prepared than sorry.

adoptivemom

Blood glucose monitors are not a must buy unless you have diabetes yourself. You can have your blood sugar levels checked as you visit your gynae. I'm not sure if you can ask the hospital for blood sugar check as an out-patient though.

nur atiqah

hi mummies just wanna ask who went here for blood sugar profile assessment? last week i went for oral glucose test and the result i had mild diabeties. and my doctor ask me to go for assessment. start from 830am to 5pm im at kkh just also want to know how much it cost, the assessment and the rental for glucose meter for self monitoring at home? my hubby is a local but im a foreigner(ltvp holder) and im not under subsidy and they charged me high everytime i went for appointment. im worried bout charges only my hubby working now.. thank you hope someone can answer me.