Gyn Irene Chua from KKH

Yup. She's charging 3.5k for c sect. Gleneagles charging 3.5k for 1 bedded on the basic charges.
Medicine all that not included.
You might find this helpful..below is my bill
The only diff is you are c sec and might need more items than me. Oh and the fees for the operating room i suppose :)

PackageWC Vaginal Delivery with Epi$2,888
Not included in PackageSurgical Supplies$89.61
Medical Supplies$37.74
Equipment and Supply$72.02
Lodger$166
Lab- Clinical$288.56
Lab-Referral$113.68
Pharmacy$324.90
Subtotal$3,980.51
Hospital Charge$3,980.51
GST 7%$278.63
Hospital Charge Subtotal$4,259.14
Docter's FeeDr Wang Wen Cheng, Peter$500
Dr Chua Sze Yuen, Irene$2,568
Dr Liew Woei Kang$321
Total Docter Fee$3,389
Total Estimated Bill$7,648.15
Total Estimated Hospital Charges$7,648.15

Hi all,

May I know how good is Irene Chua? As I m considering her as one of the gynaes. But seems her charges r quite steep, is she reli that good or over rated?
She's okay with checkups, if you're the type who asks a lot of questions you might feel she's always in a hurry tho. But what made me disappointed with her is when I gave birth to my boy, she had me induced despite of my request not to be drugged in any way unless needed (epidural, induced, etc) . And when I asked her why she had me induced after I gave birth, all she said is "for you to give birth faster". Like seriously?! Talk about turning my labour into an express delivery.:nah: And she only showed up at the Delivery room about a minute or two before I gave birth to my boy.

She's okay with checkups, if you're the type who asks a lot of questions you might feel she's always in a hurry tho. But what made me disappointed with her is when I gave birth to my boy, she had me induced despite of my request not to be drugged in any way unless needed (epidural, induced, etc) . And when I asked her why she had me induced after I gave birth, all she said is "for you to give birth faster". Like seriously?! Talk about turning my labour into an express delivery.:nah: And she only showed up at the Delivery room about a minute or two before I gave birth to my boy.
Oh... sorry to hear about your experience.
For me i prefer my labor to be minimal pain and fast...
think she did a great job for mine :)

During my check up have to admit was fast.. but i am quite pleased. Cos im those kind who want things to be fast too haha
I think the reason i will go back to her for my 2nd one (if i ever decided to have one) will be the short waiting time, fast, minimal pain, excellent stitching

If i dont... it have to be her fees
After comparing.. realize her fees is very on the steep side...

Gem2505

Hmm.. So far my each check up, she's patience with my tonnes of questions despite its my 2nd preg and "by right" I should have know more things coz moreover I've experienced the whole thing once. I feel comfortable sharing everything coz sometimes if we talk to male gynae, still alil weird coz my 1st preg I was with a male gynae but wasnt pleased about it.
Im going for c sect, so I just hope the journey be fast and the good stitches coz my scar now is horrible!!!! Dark brown caterpillar. See already "Kek XIM".
Her fees alil higher when compared to some private gynae but that time my overall spending at KKH was 10k for hospital bill itself.. Ain't that cheap thou. And I'm engaging only a consultant gynae that time. But the waiting time at dr ChUa clinic is really short.. At KKH, even private, my waiting time is at least 1 hour plus. Even at tps, had to wait at least 30mins. I don't want to go thru long waiting time that's why I decided to change away from KKH.

^i never experienced long waiting time for her during my checkups before. What really turned me off is she had me induced for no apparent reason when I indicated in my birth plan NOT to be drugged in any way unless needed.

Another boo-boo she made when I was in labour already is she inserted the needle and wasn't able to aim properly to my vein, and she twisted it a little hoping it'll go inside my vein, wrong move! It was sooooo painful that I screamed as I was in pain already from labour pains :(

gingercat

We are using Dr. Irene Chua now too and are very pleased thus far by her pleasant demeanour, patience, and pro-activeness of her staff.

Gem2505

Package
Elective LSCS_2 bedded
$2,888 ( 4D3N )

Not included in Package
Surgical Supplies
$12.13

Medical Supplies
$53.76

Equipment and Supply
$76.40

Pharmacy
$75.57

Subtotal
$3,105.86

GST 7%
$217.41

Hospital Charge Subtotal
$3,323.27

Docter's Fee
Dr Yvonne Lim $900

Dr Chua Sze Yuen, Irene
$4,387

Dr Liew Woei Kang
$749

Total Docter Fee
$6,036

Total Bill
$9,359.27

Medisave Claimable

Deposit upon admission

Balance payable
$3,950

$3,090.16

$2,319.11

Here's my bill for those who intend to have Elective LSCS at Gleneagles. Stayed 2 bedded, 3 nights.

Last edited:
how come you pd fee is so much? almost double of mine?
congrats anyways hehe
are you seeing dr liew for your immunization still?

Gem2505

how come you pd fee is so much? almost double of mine?
congrats anyways hehe
are you seeing dr liew for your immunization still?
My boy was admitted to ICu for 2 days.. I think he needs more attention from dr liew ba. Damn ex.
I m going elsewhere for my boy's vaccination. Gleneagles always have parking problem, expensive parking & not forgetting Dr Liew's clinic waiting time is horrendous!

Oh i see... you can park at botanic garden though i nv park there before... but the nurse always ask me to go there
Strange... whenever i visit dr liew waiting time is very prompt. never ever wait more than 15mins !!
Mayb is my time slot... morning 9-930am or after 4pm hehe!
I went to the tpy polyclinic for my 1st mth hep b jab.
cannot stand the waiting time!! went back to dr liew.

Gem2505

Oh i see... you can park at botanic garden though i nv park there before... but the nurse always ask me to go there
Strange... whenever i visit dr liew waiting time is very prompt. never ever wait more than 15mins !!
Mayb is my time slot... morning 9-930am or after 4pm hehe!
I went to the tpy polyclinic for my 1st mth hep b jab.
cannot stand the waiting time!! went back to dr liew.
I went twice for follow up for my boy.. Waited an hour each time. Bth.