EDD Oct 2013

TVH

Anyone was prescribed Duphaston by your gynae? I am wondering what this is for. I didn't have a chance to ask my gynae as he prescribed for me right after my blood test.

TVH

Duphaston is actually progesterone pills to help support your pregnancy.
better take it dilligently... it is like an tai yao....

Naangfaa

@TVH: I was also prescribed with some Duphaston pills by my gynae, to be taken for 2 weeks before my 2nd check-up this Thursday. I googled and found out that it is actually to stabilize your womb for implantation. Weirdly, my gynae told me to take it only when I have cramps but I continued taking it twice daily..hehe..

I wasn't asked to do any blood tests for my first check-up, is this normal?

Congrats Ladies / moms-to-be.
im new here! today jus saw a faint line in my preg test kit. period late for 1 week. i've yet to do get a BHCG test !! lol!!
u guys are reali fast!

Amulet

Congrats Ladies / moms-to-be.
im new here! today jus saw a faint line in my preg test kit. period late for 1 week. i've yet to do get a BHCG test !! lol!!
u guys are reali fast!
BHCG? means blood test? if u are confirm pregnant, there is no need for blood test right?

TVH

Haha I just want to make sure. Usually blood test is more accurate than urine. Cos I couldn't believe I got a BFP, so I asked my gynae to arrange for a BHCG test to confirm. That's when u will know roughly how far along u are in your pregnancy too..

Amulet

Haha I just want to make sure. Usually blood test is more accurate than urine. Cos I couldn't believe I got a BFP, so I asked my gynae to arrange for a BHCG test to confirm. That's when u will know roughly how far along u are in your pregnancy too..
why not just do a scan straightaway?

TVH

Cos might be too small to scan for anything. I also don't know. I only asked for a HCG test to confirm.

Amulet

Cos might be too small to scan for anything. I also don't know. I only asked for a HCG test to confirm.
i see~

coz normally if BFP liao, don't need for blood test de.. Scanning should be able to detect a sac liao.. :D

Did doc say how many weeks r u now?

TVH

My HCG level last week puts me at 4 weeks, which is quite accurate actually if I count from my LMP. This week shd be the 5th. My scan with gynae would only be at week 9. Until then, I would be in paranoia.

huiqin83

Congrats n welcome all new mtb!
Don't worry about that progesterone pill, I'm also prescribed with that hormone pills, Dr say it helps to stabilize the bb in early stage.

I'm been coughing badly recently, with phlegm type.gp gave me a few medic with antibiotic, saying won't affect pregnancy.
I suddenly have morning sickness this week! Last week was ok. Anyone also experience same?

Mouth keep having a better taste in mouth, Wana puke feeling. I don't know how to return to work like this, once u puk , whole office know u preggie =(

TVH

huiqin83, how far along are you?

I haven't experienced much other than waking up in the middle of the night to pee and occasional backache and on-off mild cramping in my lower abs. I feel sleepy very early too. I hope to continue staying this way throughout the pregnancy...

huiqin83

I'm sucking lemon to curb my morning sickness now. Does anyone know where to buy this old classic sweet call super sour! Outer layer super sour inside is sweet one. The packaging is yellow color of a person head like exploding. I think that helps all mtb. I can't find in supermarke , is old classic sweet

Stephy

are we not suppose to eat bak kut teh?
i had bak kut teh as lunch tday and after awhile..stomach feel very pain
rush to the washroon and diaherra once..
luckily the pain is gone now..
so wondering if preggie woman is not suppose to take those herbal BKT?

TVH

I've been told to avoid herbal soups from outside because some of the herbs they use might not be suitable for pregnant ladies...

huiqin83

Hi tvh,
I'm Ard 6-7 weeks now . how abt u?
I have those symptoms u mention like pee often, which is normal. My cramps stop after I eat the hormone pills. As long as is not severe pain n no bleeding is ok. I also get tired easily, slept a lot during cny holidays. Not trying to scare u, I just read up on morning sickness, it usually come week 6 onwards. Of coz if u r lucky, u won't get it =)

Don't eat Dan gui, that herb not to be taken during preggie. It contracts our womb

Amulet

Huiqin: I know the sweet u talking about! But never see liao leh.. Would skittles sour helps? Or try ginger tablets?

it's normal for preggers to have a bitter or metallic taste on the tongue.. No choice but to cope with it lo..

TVH: take care and think of good things k? I also feeling paranoid from time to time.. Few nights ago, I even dream that alot of blood flowing out from me n I'm having miscarriage.. Heng it's just a dream..

Stephy: BKT should not be a problem since outside de herb also not alot.. But if u do avoid, avoid ginseng and danggui.. I think the BKT u eat not clean la..

TVH

huiqin83 : I'm in my 5th week now...ya i know can't eat dang gui...apparently, there are other herbs we should avoid too...i can't remember what...so best to avoid herbal soups sold outside...

Amulet : haha ya i'm thinking positive....just a little wary cos haven't gotten any scan yet....