EDD July 2012

JuliaKT

what of fish will be good?
Will it be fishy? then baby do not eat ??
That's the questions I'd like to ask also.. haha. i just do some research and found that white flesh fish such as Flounder, Haddock, Cod, and Sole are suitable to introduce.I tried Cod fish but even I couldn't stand that fishy smell and hence I dind't give to my girl.

Last week, my mom send me fresh water fish (fried) and I meshed a little bit pieces of meat in my baby's lunch. She ate well. Maybe it is fried and the fishy smell is not as strong.
Anywhere in Singapore can we get fresh water fish? All I saw is seawater fish which are quite smelly :D

JuliaKT

If deep fried, it is not so oily and the meat inside is left with juicy..
Yesterday, I tried to steam the Sea bass and fed my girl a little bit as intro.. She ate well.:)
In order to reduced the fishy smell, you can rub with Tamarind paste or simply rub with lime/lemon on the fist and then wash with water...

JuliaKT

Hello, How are all mummies. this thread is quite and seems that you all are busy with your babies and work too..

Right now, I'm in the midst of some difficulties and stressed too much.. I started work after 4 months of maternity leave and I hired a maid to take care of my baby girl. My mother in law go to my house to check time to time. Now My maid suddenly wants to go back and now I already sent her back to her agent. I had to take leave to take care of my baby as mother in law a lone is not able to take care.

At work, I have many projects given and feel even more stressed that no one to help out this new projects.. Colleagues and the new boss are not so understanding as they are mostly the Singles and with no childrean. So it is hard for me to take leave frequently. :(

I wanted to quit the job but meanwhile I am finding the infant care for my baby. I really don't want to send her the infant care but now I seem to have this only solution. :(
The problem is all the infant care near my house are full housed.

Well, I'm not sure how you cope with your work and your baby. I'm struggling but taking one thing at a time.. sigh..

cyberie

another alternative is mayb u can find a daytime nanny for ur baby...
get one around ur working place or home so it is easier for u to send/drop off..

mei2009

Hey JuliaKT, I put my son in infant care and it was great! But be aware that kids tend to fall ill when they start going to centres. I think he was home 70% of the time for the first two months. I had to take leave or work from home cos it's hard for my mum-in-law to take care of him alone for too long. Some days when my mum-in-law was not free, I paid an auntie downstairs $10 an hour to take care of him in my house while I worked from home, stopping only to breastfeed.

Today, I was thinking that if he were to stay at home, he would not have access to all the playpen and toys and wooden rail and big mirror etc in the centre because it is just not possible for me to get all those things into my small flat. I'm glad I put him in infant care. Just need to find a good one.

If you want nanny, I know someone in commonwealth area if you are keen and don't mind if she takes care of more than one kid. She's my back-up nanny if my kid falls ill and I have to work and mum-in-law cannot make it but so far I haven't used her yet.

Hello, How are all mummies. this thread is quite and seems that you all are busy with your babies and work too..

Right now, I'm in the midst of some difficulties and stressed too much.. I started work after 4 months of maternity leave and I hired a maid to take care of my baby girl. My mother in law go to my house to check time to time. Now My maid suddenly wants to go back and now I already sent her back to her agent. I had to take leave to take care of my baby as mother in law a lone is not able to take care.

At work, I have many projects given and feel even more stressed that no one to help out this new projects.. Colleagues and the new boss are not so understanding as they are mostly the Singles and with no childrean. So it is hard for me to take leave frequently. :(

I wanted to quit the job but meanwhile I am finding the infant care for my baby. I really don't want to send her the infant care but now I seem to have this only solution. :(
The problem is all the infant care near my house are full housed.

Well, I'm not sure how you cope with your work and your baby. I'm struggling but taking one thing at a time.. sigh..

JuliaKT

Hi Cyberie and Mei2009, Thanks for the advice.
I put my baby to waiting list nearby infant care. I also feel like Mei2009. It is good for the baby to interact with others kids in the center and they have other facilities which we couldn't provide at home. At home, the baby is alone with the grandma or maid and nobody to play with.. At least, I am quite comfortable to send to infant care now.. haha :)

New Programme!

[SIZE=+1]We have teamed up with Seimpi School of Music to bring you their Music and Dance MIM Programme for children aged 2 months - 6 years old. Registration for May classes starts now![/SIZE]

Choose either Music or Dance or choose both!
[SIZE=+1]Fees: $150 per month per course
- 4 lessons in a month per course

Drop us an email at enquiry@givingtre3.com to register!

TH[SIZE=+1]E GIVING TREE ART WORKSHOP[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Giving Tre3 is bringing the popular children's story The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein to all children in the form of an ART WORKSHOP!

Using a combination of music, story and art, children get to learn various art techniques, math concepts and even character building through this workshop!

Details of Workshop:
~
Age groups: 18 month - 6 years old
~
Workshop consists of 5 sessions
~ Workshop will commence on FIRST SATURDAY of May 2013.
~ Dates of sessions: 4, 11, 18, 25 May and 1 June.
~ Time slot: 11am - 12:00pm

~ Instructor: Mr. Eric Teow

About the trainer:
Trained in Advertising Art. Eric spent over 20 years accumulating a wealth of experience and contacts in the advertising, creative design, hospitality, media and publishing industries as a draftsman, graphics designer, industrial designer, visualise, studio manager, art director and entrepreneur.

Art Director
Besides working for several local and multi national advertising agencies and local publishers, and running in-house creative studies in Orchard Belt 5 star hotels, Eric also served as Art Director for the National Council of Social Service (and Community Chest) providing creative leadership for several national fund- raising programmes.

STRONG PASSION FOR ART
Eric has a strong passion to teach young children creative skills and freedom of expression through paints, colours and media. He believes that creativity is the essential ingredient of all learning. This builds upon studies in the US and UK which has proven art training to be useful in developing language and social skills in young children. Today, Eric has co-opted other partner-advisors, to help grow the business aggressively over the next 3 years. These include Senior MNC executives and training consultants, who together lend Growing paints a wide international business perspective and provide deep industry knowledge in electronics, IT, e-businesses, early childhood education and training services.

Eric combines both music and art; he creates a fun and enjoyable setting in every given opportunity with his students. Eric loves to expand their imagination by telling and unfolding stories as he paints in a class!

A father to three young children, Eric has been inspiring young minds for more than 13 years and he is possibly the only one in Singapore who combines music, art and fun for children!

Limited slots as classes are kept small. SO REGISTER QUICK!!

Email to enquiry@givingtre3.com or call 9777 1645.

Like us on www.facebook.com/givingtre3 to get regular updates on our promotions!
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Hi Mommies out there, I have started a group called Sassy Mommies SG with my friend Michelle on Facebook. We have created this group together so as to create a community that mommies can all hang out together, share parenting tips, lend each other's shoulders, and make friends!

We are growing bigger and bigger everyday and if you would like to be part of this group (you should!), please go to this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/490009234398557/and request to be added as a member. Alternatively, you can indicate your email address in this thread. See you on Sassy Mommies soon!

My boy is 11 mths nw, , since last wk his appetite drop..he can't finish his milk & he's nt really interested in other foods too..I'm not sure is it due to teething or the bad weather. .any mummies here has the same experience?

JuliaKT

My boy is 11 mths now, , since last wk his appetite drop..he can't finish his milk & he's not really interested in other foods too..I'm not sure is it due to teething or the bad weather. .any mummies here has the same experience?
My girl was sick with stomach flu last few weeks ago and her appetite drop too. She doesn't eat much like before. So I've been trying to give her different menu to see which one she likes. Apparently, she likes to eat what the adults eat instead of her porridge. So nowadays, I cook rice (not porridge but still a softer one) and chicken soup (with some vegetable like carrots). And she eats well.

I also think it might also due to her teething. They like to munch something and so I gave my girl some biscuits for baby (bought from NTU / cold storage). We can't do much but try to change some food and see how they response. :D

My boy seems ok, give him milk he wan to bite on e bottle don wan milk -_-..

what are the symptoms of stomach flu? chicken soup w/o salt all tt rite? my mum keep asking me to go buy marmite for my boy & she fed him honey water yesterday! faintz..

JuliaKT

Same as my girl, she doesn't really drink milk but bite the bottle. May be due to teething and want to bite :D. when this happen, i applied her with teething gel or give her the cold teether to bite.
Stomach flu is vomiting and diarrhea. She got the bacteria and hence need to take antibiotics for 7 days. I think a little bit of salt is fine. My baby doesn't like food without salt and so I have to put it.. If not, she doesn't eat. That's one thing i found out when she refused the food, we add a little salt to make tasty and she eats again. You can try by adding some salt too. They already grew up and will want to eat some tasty food too.. haha (that's what my mum said when I told her not to give her sugar or salt etc) :D

I have stocks in hand for immediate collect at united square.

Brand is hochengchob.

Its is MADE IN Taiwan.

Its More reliable than many other brands.

It is going off at $2.75 per piece.

So it will be $55per box.

call or sms to 96665503 to deal.

More details can be found

N95 Masks - Ho Cheng Safety Enterprise Co., Ltd.
N95 Masks - Ho Cheng Safety Enterprise Co., Ltd.
Stocks are limited.

JuliaKT

Hi Mummies,

Have you planned any birthday party for your baby? I am planning to do small party with the famiily and relatives only. I also want to order special birthday cake for my daughter as this is her first birthday. :D Any recommendation on the bakery for kids' birthday cakes???