Do the schoolbag of your children be very heavy?

mstan

I've a SPI bag free from my ex-colleague's SIL, she bought $99 many years ago.. not sure how good the bag is & I'm thinking of getting another 1 more as spare in case it gets wet during the raining day.. How abt other brand not so ex one..? heard there's a roadshow of school bag soon which costs $50 cannot remember the brand liao..

I've a SPI bag free from my ex-colleague's SIL, she bought $99 many years ago.. not sure how good the bag is & I'm thinking of getting another 1 more as spare in case it gets wet during the raining day.. How abt other brand not so ex one..? heard there's a roadshow of school bag soon which costs $50 cannot remember the brand liao..
my boy is using SPI now..... the bag itself is heavy.

plus all the books, is even heavier!

Some parents say trolley bag add weight but imagine carrying it and walk to sch for 15 min and carrying up the stairs for 2 min..... which one worst?

serenelm

i'm oso wondering which ergo bag to buy for my ds1 who'll be in P1 next yr... anyone has a good ergo bag to recommend? thanks :)

EnFlor

my boy is using SPI now..... the bag itself is heavy.

plus all the books, is even heavier!

Some parents say trolley bag add weight but imagine carrying it and walk to sch for 15 min and carrying up the stairs for 2 min..... which one worst?
Oh dear, just read this post from you and last Sunday, we bought our son an SPI bag. There was an up to 40% d/c from that brand at UE. He liked it so much. Was way too pricey to my liking.

But hb said nevamind just go ahead. Said if DS could use it for 3 yrs and hand it over to the other sibling....the depreciating value will be worth it.

My son is BIG for a 6+ yr old. Wonder if he could successfully carry it w/o complaining.

ai yai yai!!!!!! :nah:

Oh dear, just read this post from you and last Sunday, we bought our son an SPI bag. There was an up to 40% d/c from that brand at UE. He liked it so much. Was way too pricey to my liking.

But hb said nevamind just go ahead. Said if DS could use it for 3 yrs and hand it over to the other sibling....the depreciating value will be worth it.

My son is BIG for a 6+ yr old. Wonder if he could successfully carry it w/o complaining.

my boy is also big for a 7 year old.....

his bag don't think can last for another year....... sure to have wear and tear.....

Also, don't think they will be willing to use the bag for 3 years........ and hand over to siblings......

don't u find the bag a bit too heavy? is not light weight at all........

I don't mind the price if is good for the back.......

EnFlor

my boy is also big for a 7 year old.....

his bag don't think can last for another year....... sure to have wear and tear.....

Also, don't think they will be willing to use the bag for 3 years........ and hand over to siblings......

don't u find the bag a bit too heavy? is not light weight at all........

I don't mind the price if is good for the back.......

I don't know about the heaviness. Of course to us adults, we see it as a no-problem one. I've yet to put his texts in his new SPI bag. And you do know that it comes in only two sizes right ? Small and Large.

So we got him the Small one. But i still thought that he looked like a turtle coz from the rear, his bag covered almost the top part of his torso.

I've already warned my son that i will not ever carry his bag to school. You are on your own boy be it rain or shine. If he has to carry almost 90% of his school books/materials to and fro -10 mins walk, well, that's a weight-lifting session for him then.

I don't know about the heaviness. Of course to us adults, we see it as a no-problem one. I've yet to put his texts in his new SPI bag. And you do know that it comes in only two sizes right ? Small and Large.

So we got him the Small one. But i still thought that he looked like a turtle coz from the rear, his bag covered almost the top part of his torso.

I've already warned my son that i will not ever carry his bag to school. You are on your own boy be it rain or shine. If he has to carry almost 90% of his school books/materials to and fro -10 mins walk, well, that's a weight-lifting session for him then.
Hahaha.... turtle....... look like ninja turtle yeah?

I got the small size blue color bag for my boy...... he looked like one too!

It's really heavy.......but at least their back is straight.....

I'm just going to buy a normal school bag for him this year cause I just hired a maid to look after him and she will carry his bag

mstan

But my dd likes it more than those normal bag. She said she would choose to use the SPI bag than those normal bag wor... I'm thinking of getting her another this kind of bag but must not too costly...

But my dd likes it more than those normal bag. She said she would choose to use the SPI bag than those normal bag wor... I'm thinking of getting her another this kind of bag but must not too costly...
this type of bag where got not costly?

I went to suntec there's a shop that sells ego bag too.... one cost $200+ to 300+!!1

karenewtan

This year, I am trying this new method to offload the school bags. I buy 2 sets of main textbooks, put 1 set at home and the other set put into an bag with a zip and ask my girl to put them under her desk...so, she need not carry a full schoolbag to school and I can avoid buying the expensive ego bags that actually are heavier with so much cushioning etc...if you work out the cost of the 2nd set of textbooks, they are cheaper than those ego bags...and you can donate them off...also, it is impossible to recycle these eco bags for the next year as after a year's use, they are too dirty and smelly to reuse (I don't know what the kids do with them...) and it's so hard to brush and clean them...

EnFlor

I recently went to Rosyth's site i think. And i saw that the school sells ergo bags with fancy designs created by the students. Cost about $90+ and above. Slightly cheaper than this SPI brand.

My P1 bag last time was a casebox. Bought at pasar malam one. Heh....kids these days so bloody lucky lah!

This year, I am trying this new method to offload the school bags. I buy 2 sets of main textbooks, put 1 set at home and the other set put into an bag with a zip and ask my girl to put them under her desk...so, she need not carry a full schoolbag to school and I can avoid buying the expensive ego bags that actually are heavier with so much cushioning etc...if you work out the cost of the 2nd set of textbooks, they are cheaper than those ego bags...and you can donate them off...also, it is impossible to recycle these eco bags for the next year as after a year's use, they are too dirty and smelly to reuse (I don't know what the kids do with them...) and it's so hard to brush and clean them...
hmmmmm my boy's sch table are those short long type that can't put anything below.

can trust the kids to put their things in sch without losing them?

karenewtan

My kid and classmates put their workbooks, folders, dictionaries and art supplies under their desks and so far no losses for the past few years. Should be ok. Their school classrooms have allocated a cupboard or two behind the classrooms for putting their stuff so if he can't put under desk, see if ha can find any empty shelf space or cupboard...I think should also label his bag and books with name and class and should be no problem...or you try on a small scale basis first to see if any missing stuff...And when it's near school holidays, just take back that heavy bag of textbooks...If it's long and wide desk then buy a long and wide bag then..maybe those recycling bags or art folder bags...? Hope it helps for you and I am hoping this method works for me too...

My kid and classmates put their workbooks, folders, dictionaries and art supplies under their desks and so far no losses for the past few years. Should be ok. Their school classrooms have allocated a cupboard or two behind the classrooms for putting their stuff so if he can't put under desk, see if ha can find any empty shelf space or cupboard...I think should also label his bag and books with name and class and should be no problem...or you try on a small scale basis first to see if any missing stuff...And when it's near school holidays, just take back that heavy bag of textbooks...If it's long and wide desk then buy a long and wide bag then..maybe those recycling bags or art folder bags...? Hope it helps for you and I am hoping this method works for me too...
I will have to wait till next year and speak to his form teacher..... still no idea who that would be....

they do have lockers outside their class but teachers don't let the kids use cause saying they are too young to handle them.....

amylqf

our school principle said that the school bag should not be more than 10% of child's weight. Besides, school have locker to keep the books @school

our school principle said that the school bag should not be more than 10% of child's weight. Besides, school have locker to keep the books @school
my son's sch principal say their bag should not exceed 3kg.......

the locker in his sch seems to be empty......... young kids can't handle locker well..

jackygogo

I think the weight of the bag aside, it's also important to understand how the bag is designed and how it helps to reduce the strain of the load on the back of the small kids. Some bags are literally glorified plastic bags, thanks to marketing $$$$, with just some paddings at the back. One of the important things is the bag needs to have a hard base. This is why all the German school bags come with a hard base.

jackygogo

And yes, we need to make sure the kids do not bring unnecessary stuff to school. My little one used to bring 3 story books instead of the recommended one book that they are suppose to read during the assembly in the hall in P1. Not to mention all the pens/pencils/rubbers.... an entire collection of them...