Which childcare?

Leanne

Hey mummies! Need some suggestion!

Best if locate in Serangoon or Hougang.

Anyone heard of Treasure Box?

& when can they go to Montessori school? @ what age? Thanks! :shyxxx:

CynCyn

If i'm not wrong , Pre nursery is at 3yrs old . Nursery at 4 .
Do correct me if i'm wrong . (n_n)

CanCanMum

Montessori schools take in kids as young as 18months.

Yap, Pre-N is below 3 yrs and N is 3yr plus - 4 yr onwards

estherlin

Hi Mummy,

Can anybody advise me which school has good toddlers class to attend during the weekend

same same i have the same query too, will like to bring my boy to some clz so he can explore and enjoy too...can oso interact w parents on how they teach n guide their kids...

another thing, when is a good time to send kids to sch, though i have my mum to take care. But my mum agrees tt she can only take care of the health part and the brain is reali the parents or the teacher to do it. So i m thinking of sending him to sch. Any recommendation for sembawang or yew tew area?

I reali think tt sch does help, it build up the confident and give exposure most impt is u r so proud of ur kids when they come home able to speak proper languages or sing songs to u...

Oopss i get so excited when talking abt kids stuff :Dancing_wub:

Mlin

Hi Mummies,
yup,some Montessori schs do take in as young as 18mths.
Playgroup pgrm 2half onwards.They do hv options for twice/three times a week kind of Playgrp prgm as well.
Once a week kind of parent-child session will also be a good exposure for children aged below 2 1/2 yrs.
u can try chk at ur nearest Montessori schs,usually they offer such prgms on Saturdays.
I think there's one Montessori sch @ Yew Tee, Tulip Montessori if I'm nt mistaken.
Alternatively Esther Mama,u can let ur mum try some simple exercises to work with ur child at home such as get some bottles to open and close,spooning some macaronis from bowl to bowl,open and cls containers,get him involve in pegging clothes (if the child is going 3 yrs),teaching how to use chopsticks to lift sponge(can cut out dishwashing sponge into small pieces).I used to do that with my son at home.
These simple exercises actually train their fine motor skills,hand and eye coordination.

u can try and c how ur child respond to such activities.Happy trying!

CynCyn

My boy is born in 2006 which makes him 3yrs old next year .
I called up 2 childcare to enquire .
1 of them told me he's going to be put under PLAYGROUP .
Another told me it's N1 .
Kinda confuse , are both play group and N1 the same ?
N1 meaning pre nursery right ? Thanks .

CanCanMum

My boy is born in 2006 which makes him 3yrs old next year .
I called up 2 childcare to enquire .
1 of them told me he's going to be put under PLAYGROUP .
Another told me it's N1 .
Kinda confuse , are both play group and N1 the same ?
N1 meaning pre nursery right ? Thanks .
the term PLAYGROUP is simply like a playing cum learning session for a small group of kids (ALso like Pre-Nursery). Admission is open for kids as young as 18m till max 3yo.

Nursery is the proper term for classes held for kids betw 3-4 yo and normally is a 3 hour session. Playgroups norm last for 2 hours max.

Actually they are almost the same la. Just tat if your kid is 3 yo he is too old for playgroup, or maybe he can only join the first term. Once he is more than 3 yo u will need to switch.

So might as well enrol for nursery.

CynCyn

Nursery is 4yrs old .
K1 - 5yrs old
K2 - 6yrs old
Pri 1 - 7yrs .

Is this right ?

Quote : '' So might as well enrol for nursery. ''

3yrs old is too early for nursery right ? Or u mean pre nursery ?
Quite confuse with the terms .

Last edited:

CanCanMum

my son is 3 yo and he is going for Nursery next year.....

anyway its sup to be 4 yo but he is too old for playgroup so he has to join nursery.

CanCanMum

my son is 3 yo and he is going for Nursery next year.....

anyway its sup to be 4 yo but he is too old for playgroup so he has to join nursery.

anyway it is N2- Nursery 2

CynCyn

Oh I see ,

So for pre nursery is it compulsary to enrol for January intake ?
As I heard that child care has monthly intakes .

CanCanMum

Hi CynCyn,

Not really compulsory but if u want to let your child learn from scratch its beta to start at the beginning of a school term, otherwise if u join halfway will 'lose out'. That time my boy joined during 2nd term, which means he din learn alphabets A to G.....hahaha....anyway den i teach him lor LOLs

estherlin

Hi Mummies,
yup,some Montessori schs do take in as young as 18mths.
Playgroup pgrm 2half onwards.They do hv options for twice/three times a week kind of Playgrp prgm as well.
Once a week kind of parent-child session will also be a good exposure for children aged below 2 1/2 yrs.
u can try chk at ur nearest Montessori schs,usually they offer such prgms on Saturdays.
I think there's one Montessori sch @ Yew Tee, Tulip Montessori if I'm nt mistaken.
Alternatively Esther Mama,u can let ur mum try some simple exercises to work with ur child at home such as get some bottles to open and close,spooning some macaronis from bowl to bowl,open and cls containers,get him involve in pegging clothes (if the child is going 3 yrs),teaching how to use chopsticks to lift sponge(can cut out dishwashing sponge into small pieces).I used to do that with my son at home.
These simple exercises actually train their fine motor skills,hand and eye coordination.

u can try and c how ur child respond to such activities.Happy trying!

Great tks for the advise, will need to get some learning materials for him to try out.

Zune Tan

Hi cancanmum,

Do u meet any difficult when u first put ur child in childcare? Cos my 2 gals will be going to childcare next mth, worry tat the youngest 1 will be difficult cos she now only 21mth while the older 1 is 33 mth. So stress... :embarrassed: