What type of tonic to eat from 2nd tri onwards??

egft

Hi all,

This is our first child and we are not too clear about some of the tonics required by tradition. Would like to know if it is mandatory/recommended to start drinking tonics like DOM etc? Can I continue consuming bird's nest till my last tri and is my weight gain of 9.5kg so far ok???

My mum is very focused on me having a big baby ever since my sister gave birth to my nephew at 4.4kg... :eek:10:

chikinedge

Oh be careful about having a big baby. If you gained too much weight you are prone to diabetes or difficulty in giving birth as the baby grows too big inside you it would be hard to push.

pipilili

tonic

Lean meat with cordyceps - double boil
Black chicken with ginseng- double boil
Bird nest with ginseng & red dates -double boil
Black chicken essence - double boil to force out essence

Pie

Eat anything but in moderation! Too much tonics if body cannot take it will cause negative reaction. Best is to check with gynae if you have question as I believe gynae knows your condition best :) All the best!

Hi all,

This is our first child and we are not too clear about some of the tonics required by tradition. Would like to know if it is mandatory/recommended to start drinking tonics like DOM etc? Can I continue consuming bird's nest till my last tri and is my weight gain of 9.5kg so far ok???

My mum is very focused on me having a big baby ever since my sister gave birth to my nephew at 4.4kg... :eek:10:
maybe u wanna see TCM?? my tcm advise me not to take any as they say difficult to tell me what can or cannot take due to certain ingredients..and my body is weak heaty... cannot take too good tonic.. easy heaty and will make body worse..so thru my pregnancy.. i only take bird nest plain and my balanced meals and drank coconut water during last one mth.. my wt gain 10kg till birth and bb 2.8kg..healthy and well.. discharged within24hrs...

ehh big bb may end up C sect o.. must careful....

and i dont recommend DOM since it has alcohol!! bad for foetus..

egft

maybe you wanna see traditional chinese medicine?? my traditional chinese medicine advise me not to take any as they say difficult to tell me what can or cannot take due to certain ingredients..and my body is weak heaty... cannot take too good tonic.. easy heaty and will make body worse..so thru my pregnancy.. i only take bird nest plain and my balanced meals and drank coconut water during last one month.. my wt gain 10kg till birth and baby 2.8kg..healthy and well.. discharged within24hrs...

ehh big baby may end up C sect o.. must careful....

and i dont recommend DOM since it has alcohol!! bad for foetus..
Thanks for the heads up mummy pris! Am in my last tri but have gained only 13.5kg so far. :( hope she grows bigger soon. :(

Win Won

Hi all,

hi egft,
i under std that abstain from alcohol. DOM is meant for confinement…not prenatal.

ginseng cannot…only those expensive pao sheng can take.
cordycep heard is good too. pls consult tcm before buying herbs :D