Maternal Sanitary Pads. Is it nessesary?

skt

Are kotex maternity pads come with adhesive or strings? Does it have the net layer that tend to stick to the skin? I am afraid it will stick and painful for the stiches. FTM here, still unsure about buying maternity pads. :(

pearl87

Hi @pocus2000! Yes, it is really essential for newly moms to have maternal sanitary pads especially that she still bleeds and has normal discharges during the first few days after delivery.

patsie

Just wondering, does hospital provide us with the maternity pads? Or do we need to standby pads ourselves
Depending on hospitals and whether there is a package.

In general, when there is a package, it will usually includes a packet of pads. However, additional packet will be chargeable.

Hope that helps.

I was at KKH.. i brought mine but realised that they provided me with a pack.. with disposable undies too.. they always help me to put on 2 pads.. overlapping with one more towards the front n the other more towards the back.. was sufficient for my use in hospital and back home.. before i continue with my own.. i even use adult diapers when i bring bb out to polyclinic haha coz no need worry abt leakage.. the lochia can be big flow..

Sand

Anyone has any idea what's the turnover rate of sanitary pads per day?
I'm starting to worry whether i'd standby enough....

patsie

Anyone has any idea what's the turnover rate of sanitary pads per day?
I'm starting to worry whether i'd standby enough....
It's different for each and every one. Hence, u may wanna prepare an extra packet, just in case the one that is provided by hospital has been used up.

After d first day, u should be able to gauge if u need more. If so, mayb can get DH 2 get 4 u.

yellow matchbox

Definitely a Must Have, especially if it's assisted labour.

Hospitals will provide one pack, based on package, but they would have already started using it in the 2 nights there, so what you can take back is what remains, unless you pay more. Some pharmacies do sell, but if not, you can always get the longer and long lasting ones. I used the Sofy 42cm night pads, and changed regularly throughout the day and night for about 2 weeks.

Joyce Phoa

To add, there are also disposable sanitary panties (e.g. Kotex Overnight Panties, like pull-up diapers for menses). They will be useful if you need to go downstairs for errands.